Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stereo Designer/Swoopster/Echopad Apps price drop $4.99 --> $2.99

Thoughts on these? They are all AB/IAA compatible, seem highly rated.

Comments

• All very good, and well worth the price. Stereo Designer is my favorite.

• I don't have Stereo Designer or Swoopster yet but Echopad is very feature packed and it's the only Holderness app that's Universal so it works on iPhone too.

• Do i need these if i have all the aufx?

• Very different from the AUFX series of effects. I have them all from both devs and use them each frequently.

• @OmnilimbO said:

Very different from the AUFX series of effects. I have them all from both devs and use them each frequently.

That.

• Too bad these are not universal. I mean, they aren't synths with complex interfaces... though iSEM on the iPhone remains my "dream".

• Echopad is a must, i have swoopster too but i use more Echopad you have a lot of options there.

• "Need" is a funny word here. No, you don't need any of this stuff (unless you do, I dunno). But if your buddy offered your an amazing delay pedal for $2.99 would you ask yourself about needs? :)

• I ask because another "buddy" already sold me a delay pedal for $1.99 ;)

Just seeing if they're basically the same but I guess not. Thanks for the replies

• I picked up Echopad. From the sample guitar video Swoopster sounded pretty hokey to me... offering the kind of effects I thought were cool when I was a beginning guitar player. The stereo effects app I'm not sure when or where I would actually use, so I decided to pass on that one for now.

• edited May 2014

I see echo pad says u can control it via midi. Just to make sure that means i could create a lemur template and control echo via lemur?

Im sure the answer is yes i just want to make absolutley sure before i buy. It looks like i can also control aufx with lemur!

Oooooo im mentally drooling

• @Coloobar said:

I picked up Echopad. From the sample guitar video Swoopster sounded pretty hokey to me... offering the kind of effects I thought were cool when I was a beginning guitar player. The stereo effects app I'm not sure when or where I would actually use, so I decided to pass on that one for now.

Sounds like I had similar intentions as you. However, I opted for Swoopster because I wanted to buy one of them, and I already had AUFX: Dub and Space, so I felt like Echopad overlapped quite a bit with those.

Swoopster is a nicely designed app, but it has some issues playing live guitar through it. Even on the 256 frames setting on AB, adding the flanger effects introduces latency. When you take them out of the mix, the latency is gone. The fuzz may work with synth type apps, but was a little thin for a guitar

• @nic_b_nice, you can definitely make a template in Lemur for Echo Pad, AUFX series too! I like other peoples Lemur templates, but I just haven't enjoyed making my own yet. I have however made EP/AUFX templates for Midi Designer if you have that app (there's a free version too). See these threads for a bunch of app templates I've made if you're interested.

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/4165/echo-pad-template-for-midi-designer

http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/3831/midi-designer-for-magellan-galileo-filtatron-aufx-loopy-updated-4214

• Sweet colin thanks

I had designer lite but the ads bugged the hell outta me plus my brother owed me a couple bucks so i told him to gift me lemur haha

There isnt enough time!