Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Looking for examples of melodic, polyphonic electronica

Hi everyone

I am trying to write an academic paper on listening to polyphonic music and I am going to give a talk on these ideas next week. Rather than just finding some classical piece or other I thought it would be nice to use an example from electronic music. Does anyone have any pieces they would recommend?

What I am looking for is..

Something with multiple polyphonic melodies –two at the very least, but the more complex the better.

These melodies should be clearly hearable rather than buried in the mix

A definite focus on melody rather than full chords (arpeggios are fine)

Something where the beat is not too obtrusive: some percussion is fine, but I would prefer something without a banging 4/4 kick.

Any thoughts?

I was thinking of something by orbital –Girl with the sun in her head? – or something else with a 90s ambient techno vibe.

Comments