Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ID700 IS HERE

14567810»

Comments

  • edited January 1

    @Agatha_aga i just changed the default aum size so it opens by default in the larger mode (i had reports from customer who didn't realize this was possible and thought the 3:1 display was the only one). is this not more optimal than the previous config?

    some background: to do this for aum i had to hard-code the size into a plist that's shipped with the built product. i can't switch this at runtime (so i can't make it a user preference) and also i'm unable to query the size of the host screen at runtime (thanks auv3!). i'm open to doing whatever is useful here but unfortunately my options as a developer are limited :/

  • @Uprightmusic said:
    Sorry I don't mean to be a naysayer but as someone who doesn't frequent these forums and do deep searches on demos..a new synth app should have links to sound examples in the first post. Would go a long way in helping me decide if it's something I want to buy or not.

    there are some demos here from kurt kurasaki (the guy who did all the presets):

  • I love the new randomizer too, its extra terminator 2 in its horror!

  • @modosc said:
    @Agatha_aga i just changed the default aum size so it opens by default in the larger mode (i had reports from customer who didn't realize this was possible and thought the 3:1 display was the only one). is this not more optimal than the previous config?

    some background: to do this for aum i had to hard-code the size into a plist that's shipped with the built product. i can't switch this at runtime (so i can't make it a user preference) and also i'm unable to query the size of the host screen at runtime (thanks auv3!). i'm open to doing whatever is useful here but unfortunately my options as a developer are limited :/

    It’s the first AUv3 that opens in large window in my experience. The problems are:
    -inconsistency with other AUv3s;
    -it covers AUM’s keyboard in that default view (as was shown in my previous post pic);
    -it does not fill all the horizontal space in that view.

    I much prefer the earlier one UI section default view like this as a starting point in AUM

    And from this starting point you could maximize window with AUM’s keyboard on

    or with AUM’s keyboard off

    and then go back to compact default view.

  • Hi folks, I sent an email to the dev ([email protected]) regarding a Windows version of ID700 .
    Reply said right now no plans , but if there is enough interest, he’ll probably do it !
    I’d love to have this on my pc, so please if any other windows users are interested, fire off a mail , create that demand and hopefully it will happen.
    Thanks

  • @modosc said:

    @Uprightmusic said:
    Sorry I don't mean to be a naysayer but as someone who doesn't frequent these forums and do deep searches on demos..a new synth app should have links to sound examples in the first post. Would go a long way in helping me decide if it's something I want to buy or not.

    there are some demos here from kurt kurasaki (the guy who did all the presets):

    Wow Peff did the presets? That's awesome!

  • Someone with the Mac version can confirm if it's M1 native?

  • edited February 23

    Ignore me

  • edited February 23

    @Pynchon said:
    Someone with the Mac version can confirm if it's M1 native?

    There is an M1-native version available on the macOS App Store that sells for $79.99 USD.

  • edited February 23

    @NeuM said:

    @Pynchon said:
    Someone with the Mac version can confirm if it's M1 native?

    There is an M1-native version available on the macOS App Store that sells for $79.99 USD.

    It seems that it's not M1 native, it runs under Rosetta.

    According to this post of the developer in Synthanathomy:

    modosc designs says:
    DECEMBER 15, 2021 AT 9:56 PM
    thanks for the writeup! just wanted to point out a few things:

    1. there is a VST3 wrapper available on our website so that you can run ID700 in a VST3 host (ableton, bitwig, etc):

    https://modo.sc/id700/#downloads

    2. i didn’t release this as a universal plugin because it would require users to upgrade to big sur, and most of the beta testers i had were on older systems."

    I was planning to buy the Mac version, because ID 700 is my favorite iOS synth. But spending 80 bucks in something that isn't M1 native is discouraging.

    @modosc : Is there a possibility of having a M1 native version of ID 700 in the future? I don't mind to buy this outside of the Mac App Store.

  • @Pynchon said:

    @NeuM said:

    @Pynchon said:
    Someone with the Mac version can confirm if it's M1 native?

    There is an M1-native version available on the macOS App Store that sells for $79.99 USD.

    It seems that it's not M1 native, it runs under Rosetta.

    According to this post of the developer in Synthanathomy:

    modosc designs says:
    DECEMBER 15, 2021 AT 9:56 PM
    thanks for the writeup! just wanted to point out a few things:

    1. there is a VST3 wrapper available on our website so that you can run ID700 in a VST3 host (ableton, bitwig, etc):

    https://modo.sc/id700/#downloads

    2. i didn’t release this as a universal plugin because it would require users to upgrade to big sur, and most of the beta testers i had were on older systems."

    I was planning to buy the Mac version, because ID 700 is my favorite iOS synth. But spending 80 bucks in something that isn't M1 native is discouraging.

    @modosc : Is there a possibility of having a M1 native version of ID 700 in the future? I don't mind to buy this outside of the Mac App Store.

    My error. Thanks for the correction.

    1. i didn’t release this as a universal plugin because it would require users to upgrade to big sur, and most of the beta testers i had were on older systems."

    sorry for the confusion - in that context "universal" meant ios apps that also run on macos (eg: moog's model 15).

    "id700 for desktop" is a universal macOS app so it is native on M1:

    and the performance difference is crazy - debug builds on m1 are faster than release builds on x86 (this is never a thing, there's usually a 10x-100x slowdown in debug builds).

  • @modosc said:

    1. i didn’t release this as a universal plugin because it would require users to upgrade to big sur, and most of the beta testers i had were on older systems."

    sorry for the confusion - in that context "universal" meant ios apps that also run on macos (eg: moog's model 15).

    "id700 for desktop" is a universal macOS app so it is native on M1:

    and the performance difference is crazy - debug builds on m1 are faster than release builds on x86 (this is never a thing, there's usually a 10x-100x slowdown in debug builds).

    Interesting.

  • @modosc said:

    1. i didn’t release this as a universal plugin because it would require users to upgrade to big sur, and most of the beta testers i had were on older systems."

    sorry for the confusion - in that context "universal" meant ios apps that also run on macos (eg: moog's model 15).

    "id700 for desktop" is a universal macOS app so it is native on M1:

    and the performance difference is crazy - debug builds on m1 are faster than release builds on x86 (this is never a thing, there's usually a 10x-100x slowdown in debug builds).

    Thanks, @modosc!

    And I see a logical step to make a different Mac app, with a desktop price.

    Much more sustainable to maintain the app and see a profit from your work.

  • @modosc hello, does ID700 auv3 read and write parameter automation inside cubasis 3 with the W/R buttons?

    I ask because some auv3 do and some don't.... hard to know beforehand.

Sign In or Register to comment.