Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Mid East Drummer and Oriental Strings: A Magical Combination

I've posted before that I think these two apps work so beautifully together. I want to make a thread to document this combination. Here's an improvised jam from a few nights ago. In addition to the magic duo, it also features a bass vocal drone and a Shockwave solo.

Comments

• I have often wondered about Oriental Strings... I enjoy iSymphonic quite a bit, but I remember reading mixed reviews and it's a little long in the tooth now.

Does Oriental Strings hold up well these days? And does it have tons of IAPs like iSymphonic, or is it fairly complete out of the box?

• Also, that's a such a good piece. It conjures the perfect mood. +1

• @Millwardesque, I’m afraid some of that “long in the tooth” opinion comes from me. To clarify, the sounds, especially the strings and flutes are excellent. The GUI is where it’s lacking with today’s technoplexities. An ADSR, for example, would be a big help. It does have her hermode tuning on the other hand.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, one of the best things I’ve heard from you. You’re Byzantine at heart, I think. Great use of of the oriental strings... I may get them now. Where does the Bass Drone come from? Thanks for posting. Really great... and I lived in Istanbul four years!

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Millwardesque, I’m afraid some of that “long in the tooth” opinion comes from me. To clarify, the sounds, especially the strings and flutes are excellent. The GUI is where it’s lacking with today’s technoplexities. An ADSR, for example, would be a big help. It does have her hermode tuning on the other hand.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr, one of the best things I’ve heard from you. You’re Byzantine at heart, I think. Great use of of the oriental strings... I may get them now. Where does the Bass Drone come from? Thanks for posting. Really great... and I lived in Istanbul four years!

The bass drone is me singing. OS does not have IAPs. It is basically an iSymphonic IAP sold as a separate app.

• Gee you've got a flexible set of ears and interests ... mongolian throat yodelling yet... makes an interesting drone. That's a real mind bender of a track.

I love Middle Eastern Drummer ... seems to have a natural and very alive feel to it any time I use it - really vibrant. Sharp transients.

Here's something I found the other day that might appeal to your tastes ... certainly appealed to mine. I'd like to hear your own take on this very jammable groove.