Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multitimbral synth app that receive program change from hardware sequencer

edited April 2021 in Other

AudioLayer and Layr synth as well as iM1 Korg are multitimbral synth.

I Wonder if anyone is using them or in general if anyone is using iPad as a “sound module” with a hardware sequencer.

Specifically for a continuous live set.
One app that gets a program change on change of sequence from hardware.
Such as Msb lsb and a program change number.

Comments

• KQ Dixie also supports program change. Another option is to use the program change options built into AUM or workstation app like Camelot Pro.

• At one level, it doesn't matter whether synths support patch change from Program Change messages or not. If they're AUv3's loaded in a host such as Audiobus or AUM that lets you select presets via midi learn, then any synth can be used this way.

One has only to save the presets in the host's preset system to make them available via midi learn (in this case Program Change).

• @auxmux said:
    KQ Dixie also supports program change. Another option is to use the program change options built into AUM or workstation app like Camelot Pro.

With Aum it would be ideal for the most versatile sounds. I just wish it wasn’t so tedious.

That’s why I’m looking for a simple solution one app that is like using a sound module of a multitimbral synth.

Using Camelot or KeyStage seems also tedious. That’s why I got the motif es by Yamaha so long. So I was looking for something similar in an app

• @wim said:
    At one level, it doesn't matter whether synths support patch change from Program Change messages or not. If they're AUv3's loaded in a host such as Audiobus or AUM that lets you select presets via midi learn, then any synth can be used this way.

One has only to save the presets in the host's preset system to make them available via midi learn (in this case Program Change).

Thanks for the tip. I need an immediate preset change from jumping through sequences.

I am aware of changing a project or preset load via midi.

I wish to see an improvement in Aum in the preset load section.
    -more flexibilityand non destructive edit of presets order
    -a page of multi preset load
    -folders of presets

@j_liljedahl

• An editor like in motif es:

• iOS Sound Canvas is a pretty neat 'classic' multi-timbral sound module :)