Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IceWorks Lagrange

2»

Comments

• Agree with all this, and yes his effects apps Yukawa and Koshiba are absolutely superb, some of my all-time favourites

@Soundscaper said:
    All these Icegear/Iceworks synths have a unique flavour - brittle, percussive, crystalline, resonant ... reflect a very Japanese sensibility ... synths with the tang of miso or wasabi to them,

Lagrange is perhaps the most versatile and powerful of the crop but they can each add a very notable timbre to any mix.

The other really useful thing is that a lot of the control systems are common ... if you learn how to fly the arp on one you've got it for the lot ... excellent little arps BTW. But Icegear's resonators are what catches my ear... got wind in them.

One of the most interesting developers out there ... the FX apps are remarkably clever and do things no one else manages.

Lagrange is a good place to start.

• @richardyot thanks for the presets, love these!

• @id_23 said:
    @richardyot thanks for the presets, love these!

My pleasure 😀

• I've been using Lagrange and Koshiba heavily over the last week or so. Then, I was listening to a radio show about Laplace and it finally dawned on me that all the Iceworks apps were named after very clever dudes of science (except Redshrike I think, which is a bird).

Here's my collated and edited Wikipedia research for anyone who might be interested:

Masatoshi Koshiba (19 September 1926 – 12 November 2020) was a Japanese physicist and one of the founders of neutrino astronomy. His work with the neutrino detectors Kamiokande and Super-Kamiokande was instrumental in detecting solar neutrinos, providing experimental evidence for the solar neutrino problem.

Hideki Yukawa (23 January 1907 – 8 September 1981) was a Japanese theoretical physicist and the first Japanese Nobel laureate for his prediction of the pi meson, or pion.

Joseph-Louis Lagrange (25 January 1736 – 10 April 1813) was an Italian mathematician and astronomer, later naturalized French. He made significant contributions to the fields of analysis, number theory, and both classical and celestial mechanics.

Leopold Kronecker (7 December 1823 – 29 December 1891) was a German mathematician who worked on number theory, algebra and logic.

Marin Mersenne (8 September 1588 – 1 September 1648) was a French polymath, whose works touched a wide variety of fields. He is perhaps best known today among mathematicians for Mersenne prime numbers, those which can be written in the form Mn = 2n − 1 for some integer n. He also developed Mersenne's laws, which describe the harmonics of a vibrating string.

Hendrik Antoon Lorentz (18 July 1853 – 4 February 1928) was a Dutch physicist who shared the 1902 Nobel Prize in Physics with Pieter Zeeman for the discovery and theoretical explanation of the Zeeman effect. He also derived the transformation equations underpinning Albert Einstein's special theory of relativity.

Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace (23 March 1749 – 5 March 1827) was a French scholar and polymath whose work was important to the development of engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, astronomy, and philosophy.

• @steve99 said:
    I've been using Lagrange and Koshiba heavily over the last week or so. Then, I was listening to a radio show about Laplace and it finally dawned on me that all the Iceworks apps were named after very clever dudes of science (except Redshrike I think, which is a bird).

Here's my collated and edited Wikipedia research for anyone who might be interested:

Masatoshi Koshiba (19 September 1926 – 12 November 2020) was a Japanese physicist and one of the founders of neutrino astronomy. His work with the neutrino detectors Kamiokande and Super-Kamiokande was instrumental in detecting solar neutrinos, providing experimental evidence for the solar neutrino problem.

Hideki Yukawa (23 January 1907 – 8 September 1981) was a Japanese theoretical physicist and the first Japanese Nobel laureate for his prediction of the pi meson, or pion.

Joseph-Louis Lagrange (25 January 1736 – 10 April 1813) was an Italian mathematician and astronomer, later naturalized French. He made significant contributions to the fields of analysis, number theory, and both classical and celestial mechanics.

Leopold Kronecker (7 December 1823 – 29 December 1891) was a German mathematician who worked on number theory, algebra and logic.

Marin Mersenne (8 September 1588 – 1 September 1648) was a French polymath, whose works touched a wide variety of fields. He is perhaps best known today among mathematicians for Mersenne prime numbers, those which can be written in the form Mn = 2n − 1 for some integer n. He also developed Mersenne's laws, which describe the harmonics of a vibrating string.

Hendrik Antoon Lorentz (18 July 1853 – 4 February 1928) was a Dutch physicist who shared the 1902 Nobel Prize in Physics with Pieter Zeeman for the discovery and theoretical explanation of the Zeeman effect. He also derived the transformation equations underpinning Albert Einstein's special theory of relativity.

Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace (23 March 1749 – 5 March 1827) was a French scholar and polymath whose work was important to the development of engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, astronomy, and philosophy.

Very interesting! Thanks for posting that up. I’ve wondered about that a time or two myself

• @Obo said:

@steve99 said:
    I've been using Lagrange and Koshiba heavily over the last week or so. Then, I was listening to a radio show about Laplace and it finally dawned on me that all the Iceworks apps were named after very clever dudes of science (except Redshrike I think, which is a bird).

Very interesting! Thanks for posting that up. I’ve wondered about that a time or two myself

A "time or two", that's the multi-universal spirit :)

• @steve99 said:

That’s awesome, thank you.

• Awesome research @steve99

• Lagrange points: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagrange_point

The three collinear Lagrange points (L1, L2, L3) were discovered by Leonhard Euler a few years before Joseph-Louis Lagrange discovered the remaining two.

• Very Cool @steve99!

Now we just need someone to research how to properly pronounce each of them! 🤗

• I had no idea, @steve99 but that is very cool info!

• Does anyone happen to have the free presets from MayrixSynth for Lagrange? I tried downloading them several times from the Dropbox link and it kept saying “Can’t display link, link does not exist” I’m hoping someone has them, and if it’s not too much trouble they could share them. Thanks.

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2019/10/lagrange-synth-and-free-preset-pack.html

• I found a working link from the YouTube video but it only downloaded a single patch called podbass. The bank is by Pants of Death and was free, so I’m hoping someone still has it. Cheers.

• Fantastic synth and very powerful. Can we say that the "robot" algorithm is a formant oscillator or it's not the same thing?

• edited July 2022

Not sure on that, if not exactly it is definitely in that vain.

Funny you revived this thread I was just looking at buying the Preset bundle from Sound of Izrael?

Anyone purchased this? Any thoughts?

• It's a great synth that can do retro and modern sounds. I dialed in a couple of sounds that are reminiscent of what you would hear on Japan's Tin Drum. However, it's a shame that it does not have the extra LFOs, envelopes, and filter saturation modes that Cassini had. There was absolutely no reason for Cassini to be pulled or not have AUv3 support.

• edited July 2022

@Poppadocrock said:

Funny you revived this thread I was just looking at buying the Preset bundle from Sound of Izrael?

Anyone purchased this? Any thoughts?

I own them, they sound great and are well worth the price. 50+ presets. They all have a generic "SOI ##" name though, so there's no indication of what kind of sound it is....still, that encourages playing around and testing.

@frosttrance_7 said:
    It's a great synth that can do retro and modern sounds. I dialed in a couple of sounds that are reminiscent of what you would hear on Japan's Tin Drum. However, it's a shame that it does not have the extra LFOs, envelopes, and filter saturation modes that Cassini had. There was absolutely no reason for Cassini to be pulled or not have AUv3 support.

Yes the older Ice Gear synths were fantastic. I fondly remember buying Xenon and my jaw dropping at what was capable with iOS...ten+ years later and I'm still hooked :)