Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Great iOS Delays Video Review / Demo Pt 1 ($200+ of apps to give away. WINNERS ANNOUNCED!)

2»

Comments

• Always happy when a few forum regulars get lucky!

• Just lost about an hour of time Looperator...

Had to dig thru the fx modules and see how they work :)
    Now I feel I have a pretty good grip on it and when to use it...

• It's highly customizable too! The manual is worth a read and / or watch my vid on it 😋

• @Gavinski said:
    It's highly customizable too! The manual is worth a read and / or watch my vid on it 😋

Yeah, I've read the manual prior to downloading it and that drastically reduced the time of 'where the f is this and that' :)

I've just pre-ordered ID700 (Read the manual already) it's 'deep' but seems pretty fun and I'm too lazy to try and rebuild it in Drambo or SunVox which would likely be doable but time & energy draining as f.

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:
    It's highly customizable too! The manual is worth a read and / or watch my vid on it 😋

Yeah, I've read the manual prior to downloading it and that drastically reduced the time of 'where the f is this and that' :)

I've just pre-ordered ID700 (Read the manual already) it's 'deep' but seems pretty fun and I'm too lazy to try and rebuild it in Drambo or SunVox which would likely be doable but time & energy draining as f.

Mmm, I took a look at that manual yesterday, think I'd prefer to wait til I have the app to try things out as I go along, I'm clearly not as hardcore as you Samu 😜. I did enjoy the origin story though

• @Gavinski said:

Mmm, I took a look at that manual yesterday, think I'd prefer to wait til I have the app to try things out as I go along, I'm clearly not as hardcore as you Samu 😜. I did enjoy the origin story though

I need to be strict 'hardcore' to avoid the app-o-holism trap...
    ...before it was 'buy ever new app that feels even remotely interesting', can't deal with that sh*t anymore.

Thus I need to do a bit of research first and/or wait for videos to pop up before I decide...

Sometimes reading manuals for new apps or even hardware make me re-visit the apps I already have and see what they can do and I'm quite often surprised that I do not really need that many new apps after all :)

In the case of ID700 I'm just too lazy to build stuff in the other apps.
    (SunVox has spectral oscillators, fm and and all sorts of crazy things and it is my go-to for 2OP FM among a few other things).

I'm looking forward to your ID700 video :D
    /Samuel

• @Gavinski said:
    Great iOS Delays Video Review / Demo Pt 1 ($200+ of apps to give away!)

Premiering very shortly. Massive Giveaway!

If you ask people what their favourite FX app is, they regularly answer 'delay'. Threads asking 'What is the best delay app for iOS?' or 'What is your favourite iOS delay AUv3?' often appear here in the Audiobus Forum. So this is the first of a 2 part video series looking at some of my favourite iOS delays (all available for iPad, if you are an iPhone only user you may need to check compatibility), comparing them, demoing them, and focusing on what makes each delay distinctive.

I have an absolutely huge huge giveaway for this video, giving away literally hundreds of dollars worth of free apps from big developers like Eventide, IK Multimedia, Klevgrand and SugarBytes, as well as many from other smaller and well loved indie iOS devs. See the pinned comment at the top of the Youtube comments section for details. Please remember to help me out by not watching this behind an ad blocker, giving it a thumbs-up etc, and if you are feeling extra nice, watching some ads! Thanks for all your support everyone, especially to those who are generous enough to support with PayPal donations - they are much appreciated. If you are watching this after the event, make sure you subscribe so you don't miss out on future vids. I usually have free copies of apps to give away.🤞

Don’t forget you can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. If you want to help me out, a tweet helping people find out about this video would be great!

List of apps available and how many copies I have in brackets after - as you can see, this is HUGE!:
    Ultratap (1)
    MixBox (1)
    Reelbus (2)
    AU3FX: Dub (2)
    Koala FX (3)
    Tape Pro (2)
    Modley (1)
    Looperator (1)
    Micropitch (1)
    TTAP (2)
    Velvet Machine (2)
    Bleass Delay (2)
    Classic FX (2)
    Mela 2 synth (2)

There are a total of 20 apps demoed in this video. You can see exactly the list of all apps in the timestamps that are available when viewed in Youtube.

no Dub delay from audio damage , great UI, does dotted eight like a boss, you can set one as quarter and dotted on another delay in series

Has to be one the best for ease of use alone

• Good job recommending tfxecho.

• @Gavinski said:
    MASSIVE Gavinski $200+ delay apps GIVEAWAY winners announced:

Reelbus (2) Alessandro A

Reelbus!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!! Thank you Gav!!!!

• @Samu said:

@Gavinski said:

I need to be strict 'hardcore' to avoid the app-o-holism trap...
    ...before it was 'buy ever new app that feels even remotely interesting', can't deal with that sh*t anymore.

Thus I need to do a bit of research first and/or wait for videos to pop up before I decide...

Sometimes reading manuals for new apps or even hardware make me re-visit the apps I already have and see what they can do and I'm quite often surprised that I do not really need that many new apps after all :)

In the case of ID700 I'm just too lazy to build stuff in the other apps.
    (SunVox has spectral oscillators, fm and and all sorts of crazy things and it is my go-to for 2OP FM among a few other things).

I'm looking forward to your ID700 video :D
    /Samuel

I contacted the dev but haven’t heard back - if anyone has any clout with him, get me on the beta please :smile:

• @Samu said:
    Just lost about an hour of time Looperator...

Bought it on sale, it’s crazy good! Lucky you that you one that one!

• @hisdudeness said:

@Gavinski said:

If you ask people what their favourite FX app is, they regularly answer 'delay'. Threads asking 'What is the best delay app for iOS?' or 'What is your favourite iOS delay AUv3?' often appear here in the Audiobus Forum. So this is the first of a 2 part video series looking at some of my favourite iOS delays (all available for iPad, if you are an iPhone only user you may need to check compatibility), comparing them, demoing them, and focusing on what makes each delay distinctive.

I have an absolutely huge huge giveaway for this video, giving away literally hundreds of dollars worth of free apps from big developers like Eventide, IK Multimedia, Klevgrand and SugarBytes, as well as many from other smaller and well loved indie iOS devs. See the pinned comment at the top of the Youtube comments section for details. Please remember to help me out by not watching this behind an ad blocker, giving it a thumbs-up etc, and if you are feeling extra nice, watching some ads! Thanks for all your support everyone, especially to those who are generous enough to support with PayPal donations - they are much appreciated. If you are watching this after the event, make sure you subscribe so you don't miss out on future vids. I usually have free copies of apps to give away.🤞

Don’t forget you can follow me on Twitter at @gavinski_s. If you want to help me out, a tweet helping people find out about this video would be great!

List of apps available and how many copies I have in brackets after - as you can see, this is HUGE!:
    Ultratap (1)
    MixBox (1)
    Reelbus (2)
    Koala FX (3)
    Tape Pro (2)
    Modley (1)
    Looperator (1)
    Micropitch (1)
    TTAP (2)
    Velvet Machine (2)
    Bleass Delay (2)
    Classic FX (2)
    Mela 2 synth (2)

There are a total of 20 apps demoed in this video. You can see exactly the list of all apps in the timestamps that are available when viewed in Youtube.

no Dub delay from audio damage , great UI, does dotted eight like a boss, you can set one as quarter and dotted on another delay in series

Didn’t you notice that this is part 1 only...all good things come to those who wait 🤞😝

• @Keyb said:

@Gavinski said:

Reelbus (2) Alessandro A

@Keyb said:

@Gavinski said:

Reelbus (2) Alessandro A

Just hit u up!

• @sigma79 said:
    Good job recommending tfxecho.

Isn’t it great. It is so unknown, my vid on it has very few views, but it is worth a watch and worth a purchase. The cleanest delay I can think of.

• @FloRi89 said:

@Samu said:
    Just lost about an hour of time Looperator...

Lucky him indeed, but I guess in terms of saving money, whoever won MixBox was the king of the draw

• @FloRi89 said:

Yea, second 'win' this year which was kinda unexpected :)

I'm already starting to feel the 'effect' of my app cleanup, down to 337 apps now.
    With ID700 pre-order it'll be 338 tomorrow but I'm not done with the cleanup yet.

• @Gavinski said:

Lucky him indeed, but I guess in terms of saving money, whoever won MixBox was the king of the draw

It might sound crazy but I have no regrets what so ever buying MixBox when it was on sale...
    ...it has helped me 'clean out' a bunch of other apps/effects.

I think the craziest 'Kid of Draws' would be AuriaPro with all the IAPs...
    ...or Korg Gadget with all IAPs and 'Support Apps'.

Korg has been very quiet lately, maybe they are preparing some big releases that will knock our socks off :D

• I won Reelbus. Thanks!

Was planning to get it next month, but now I can spend that money on another TB app.

• @sjm_90 said:
    I won Reelbus. Thanks!

Was planning to get it next month, but now I can spend that money on another TB app.

They have so many good ones! Hard to choose. Congrats!

• @Gavinski said:

@hisdudeness said:

@Gavinski said:

Ultratap (1)
    MixBox (1)
    Reelbus (2)
    Koala FX (3)
    Tape Pro (2)
    Modley (1)
    Looperator (1)
    Micropitch (1)
    TTAP (2)
    Velvet Machine (2)
    Bleass Delay (2)
    Classic FX (2)
    Mela 2 synth (2)

Didn’t you notice that this is part 1 only...all good things come to those who wait 🤞😝

Haha , true that !

• Lot of AB members in there, that’s cool.

• Good one, Gavin. How’s the eyes?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Good one, Gavin. How’s the eyes?

Taking their sweet time. Quite light sensitive and with variability in distance vision quality, particularly in right eye. Doc reckons 3 months+ for recovery, let's see. Its better than before, for sure, but far from ideal.

• That sounds hopeful but difficult. Prayers are with you.

• This was a great chance to see these in comparison. I'm looking forward to the 2nd installment. I've been thinking about how some types of delays can create a sense of 3 dimensional space. I think I'll wait for the 2nd video before start asking questions.

• Hmm, 3D in what way? I'm intrigued