Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Gavinski tutorial - how does he in AUM?

Hey guys, first time post.
Have been trying to replicate what he is doing in this VDO in AUM.

I am fine until the 18 minute mark. I have the midi file playing through Photon AU into the instrument but then he brings in Midigate ... No matter how I wire this thing I can't get it to work, tried conncecting to photon au "thru" port- no good , to the instrument , no good.. what is weird is the midi delay is triggered when connected directly to the triggered instrument...
Please help !!! aarrghh

Comments

  • No idea, but @Gavinski himself might be worth asking

  • Hi Tyrron! There must be something wrong in your routing, no? Basically you have to put the midi from Photon, or any other thing that is sending midi notes, into midiGates, and then you send the midi from midiGates into the audio instrument you want to play.

    Maybe you can send a photo showing the routing page from aum?

  • @Littlewoodg said:
    No idea, but @Gavinski himself might be worth asking

    Literally answered this the second before you posted that haha

  • @Gavinski said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    No idea, but @Gavinski himself might be worth asking

    Literally answered this the second before you posted that haha

    You are The Man, in many ways...

  • @Littlewoodg said:

    @Gavinski said:

    @Littlewoodg said:
    No idea, but @Gavinski himself might be worth asking

    Literally answered this the second before you posted that haha

    You are The Man, in many ways...

    Haha πŸ˜‚ πŸ‘

  • In the AUM MIDI routing page:

    1. Connect Photon to midiGates
    2. Connect midiGates to your synth/instrument
    3. Make sure Photon is not connected directly to your synth/instrument

    MIDI routing in AUM is super flexible so you can have Photon sending MIDI to multiple destinations quite easily (and wonderfully, in many use cases). For this use case, you want to make sure that the connection between Photon and the synth always/only goes through midiGates; otherwise you'll never hear the gating.

  • @syrupcore said:
    In the AUM MIDI routing page:

    1. Connect Photon to midiGates
    2. Connect midiGates to your synth/instrument
    3. Make sure Photon is not connected directly to your synth/instrument

    MIDI routing in AUM is super flexible so you can have Photon sending MIDI to multiple destinations quite easily (and wonderfully, in many use cases). For this use case, you want to make sure that the connection between Photon and the synth always/only goes through midiGates; otherwise you'll never hear the gating.

    Ah yeah, that may well have been the mistake the OP was making

Sign In or Register to comment.