Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D 1.3.2 update is out

Comments

• edited April 2021

@Bon_Tempi said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

@DavidEnglish said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

Hm - but were you actually „using“ this five instances - I mean were you feeding midi in them and opening the Auv3-window and stuff like this?

No, it was a simple load in five instances from scratch. Everything else was untouched. There was no MIDI routing or audio effects.

Also, note that I corrected the first post. It was actually 73% for five instances with version 1.3.2. It went down to 65% for five instances with version 1.3.3. With six instances, it was 88% with version 1.3.2 and is now 78% with version 1.3.3.

I see - ok - and have you checked if it changes while actually using the instances?
    Do you experience something similar while opening/closing/moving the Auv3-window?

if I open one of the instance windows, it jumps around from 65% to 70% for a short time. It then settles back to 65%. Same with moving one of the instance windows around. Or adding the AUM keyboard and playing. Or even routing all five instances to the AUM keyboard and playing. It jumps up a few percentage points, then settles down after the moving or playing stops.

Ok - and all of this without any influence on the sound - no crackles?

That's correct. There was no audio distortion, and there were no crackles in this bare-bones AUM set up.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@cadetrim said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks so much! Were you able to update to 1.3.3?

The performance of the latest 1.3.3 version on my device is not good.

Model D - version 1.3.3 (i.e. 1.3.2 build 125)
    AUM Buffer Size : 512 frames
    iPad 6th Gen with iPadOS version 13.5.1

2 instances of Model D in AUM - above 50% dsp (when idle) / above 70% (when idle with one inst GUI shown, spike above 100% occasionally)
    But the dsp spikes above 100% always and sound becomes glitchy when AUM being switched back from the multitask view with AUM the ONLY app in the background and only one instance being played.

3 instances of Model D in AUM - above 70% dsp (when idle, hit above 100% occasionally ) / above 80% (when idle with one inst GUI shown, spike above 100% often)
    In this scenario, the sound always becomes gitchy with only one instances being PLAYED with its GUI shown.

Little question, which one needs more processing power, Model D or Model 15?
    My Model 15 is still in the last 2.2.4 version, i.e. version 2.2.4 build 261, and it doesn't have all those issues. But it might not work well when it got updated.

It sounds like you're testing with v1.3.2 and not v1.3.3. The about page should indicate Version 1.3.3 build 126. Could you double check?

I have a similar experience like @cadetrim with v1.3.3. - see my posts above ... the crackles/spikes are definitely related to the GUI being shown/touched - or putting AUM in the back- or foreground ...

Can’t remember this behavior happening with only 2 instances loaded at a buffer of 1024

• edited April 2021

Hi everyone,

Model 15 is not approved yet for App Store distribution, but the external TestFlight is.

If you want to test Model 15 v2.2.6 build 269 with the performance fixes for older iOS devices, you can do so through this link https://testflight.apple.com/join/1hfc44jm

Have a great weekend!

<3 your friends at Moog

• @Bon_Tempi said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@cadetrim said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks so much! Were you able to update to 1.3.3?

The performance of the latest 1.3.3 version on my device is not good.

Model D - version 1.3.3 (i.e. 1.3.2 build 125)
    AUM Buffer Size : 512 frames
    iPad 6th Gen with iPadOS version 13.5.1

2 instances of Model D in AUM - above 50% dsp (when idle) / above 70% (when idle with one inst GUI shown, spike above 100% occasionally)
    But the dsp spikes above 100% always and sound becomes glitchy when AUM being switched back from the multitask view with AUM the ONLY app in the background and only one instance being played.

3 instances of Model D in AUM - above 70% dsp (when idle, hit above 100% occasionally ) / above 80% (when idle with one inst GUI shown, spike above 100% often)
    In this scenario, the sound always becomes gitchy with only one instances being PLAYED with its GUI shown.

Little question, which one needs more processing power, Model D or Model 15?
    My Model 15 is still in the last 2.2.4 version, i.e. version 2.2.4 build 261, and it doesn't have all those issues. But it might not work well when it got updated.

It sounds like you're testing with v1.3.2 and not v1.3.3. The about page should indicate Version 1.3.3 build 126. Could you double check?

I have a similar experience like @cadetrim with v1.3.3. - see my posts above ... the crackles/spikes are definitely related to the GUI being shown/touched - or putting AUM in the back- or foreground ...

Can’t remember this behavior happening with only 2 instances loaded at a buffer of 1024

Due to Apple's awful server, I actually downloaded 1.3.2 accidentally.

The new 1.3.3 performs better now on my device. Switching back and forth causing much less huge spikes and crackles.

It might not be ideal though. I used the default 256 frames in AUM previously. I don't think it took that much dsp in the past.

• I really wish Model 15 audiobridge insert/trunk instance could be shown in the midi routing page and accept midi notes and CC value directly. Then it would be more like a instrument instance with external sound source.

But maybe it's not a good time for bringing up suggestions of new features, as they are busy fixing bugs. 😂

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@FRibeiro said:
    Thanks for the quick response and update! :)

It's better, playable in standalone mode, but not as good as before.

Occasional glitches in standalone mode, even with mono patches.
    One single instance in AUM and it reaches 95% CPU. I've played three notes with the PADS: OPUS patch and notes got stuck with eternal sustain and glitch noises, had to boot the device.

iPad Air 1 iOS 12.5.1

Thanks! When you say before, do you mean Model D 1.3.1 or before that?

Sorry, I don't know for sure. The latest version before the problematic update a few days ago.

• I would just like to say thank you to @MoogMusicInc for actually taking the time to listen and try to fix the problem. Just for that, I’m gonna buy every app you have. I currently only own Model D, but that’s about to change.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

Model 15 is not approved yet for App Store distribution, but the external TestFlight is.

If you want to test Model 15 v2.2.6 build 269 with the performance fixes for older iOS devices, you can do so through this link https://testflight.apple.com/join/1hfc44jm

Have a great weekend!

<3 your friends at Moog

@Brad said:
    I would just like to say thank you to @MoogMusicInc for actually taking the time to listen and try to fix the problem. Just for that, I’m gonna buy every app you have. I currently only own Model D, but that’s about to change.

Epic! And given how long ago Model 15 was last on sale, a quick flash promo by @MoogMusicInc would probably trigger more pledges like that :)

• edited April 2021

Before updating can anyone try this AB3 session with 256 buffer size on Air2 (iOS 13)

http://preset.audiob.us/4tDVGdixalYRl1p

It should play without crackles , audio glitches only when switching GUI

Next is AUM , 256 buffer , playing 2 instances with the build in keyboard should be fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgzmomh47g589i4/ModelDtest.aumproj?dl=0

Very interested if anyone has an Air2 on iOS 12

• edited April 2021

@MoogMusicInc

Performance has unfortunately worsened here.

Device: iPad 2017 base model
    IOS 14.3

I just made a project in NS2 using three instances of Model D 1.3.1. It played back at around 85% CPU with no crackles using the NS2 high latency buffer.

I then updated to Model D 1.3.3, rebooted my iPad and now the same NS2 project stays at 100% and completely crackles.

• @AudioGus said:
    @MoogMusicInc

IOS 14.3

I just made a project in NS2 using three instances of Model D 1.3.1. It played back at around 85% CPU with no crackles using the NS2 high latency buffer.

I then updated to Model D 1.3.3, rebooted my iPad and now the same NS2 project stays at 100% and completely crackles.

Did you check that you actually have 1.3.3, not the flawed 1.3.2? Settings–>About inside the app.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

Have a great weekend!

<3 your friends at Moog

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

Have a great weekend!

<3 your friends at Moog

On the A14 performance is back to where it was. Thank you.

• @uncledave said:

@AudioGus said:
    @MoogMusicInc

IOS 14.3

Did you check that you actually have 1.3.3, not the flawed 1.3.2? Settings–>About inside the app.

• @AudioGus did you also change your settings in iOS? Open the iOS “Settings” app, then find the Model 15 in your list of apps, then see what your “Preferred Audio Buffer Size” settings are. Try a variety of settings (128, 256, 512). I found 512 works for me.

• I have always been curious about Model 15, how everybody says it is amazing. I never bought it because I deeply hate modular anything (hello Drambo). So I installed the TestFlight as a way to demo Model 15. It does sound very good.

How are the IAP presets.? Because I will never in a million year attempt to make my own.

• edited April 2021

@NeuM said:
    @AudioGus did you also change your settings in iOS? Open the iOS “Settings” app, then find the Model 15 in your list of apps, then see what your “Preferred Audio Buffer Size” settings are. Try a variety of settings (128, 256, 512). I found 512 works for me.

I did try it just now but I think an AU inside of a host just uses the hosts buffer size anyway, so there was no difference. Also, in the end it is still clocking in at least using 15% more CPU and I do not think buffer size would effect this.

• @ecou i bought this on sale and it’s great for learning how to program Model 15

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/video-guide-for-moog-model-15/id1151586866

• @qryss said:
    @ecou i bought this on sale and it’s great for learning how to program Model 15

I have no interest of any kind in learning modular.

Did you buy any if the preset packs? Any good?

• @qryss said:

Yep, it’s good to get some understanding of how the different elements of a modular system work, as it opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

• @ecou said:
    I have always been curious about Model 15, how everybody says it is amazing. I never bought it because I deeply hate modular anything (hello Drambo). So I installed the TestFlight as a way to demo Model 15. It does sound very good.

How are the IAP presets.? Because I will never in a million year attempt to make my own.

The IAP presets are excellent...but if you hate modular anything maybe this isn’t something you will love.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:
    I have always been curious about Model 15, how everybody says it is amazing. I never bought it because I deeply hate modular anything (hello Drambo). So I installed the TestFlight as a way to demo Model 15. It does sound very good.

The IAP presets are excellent...but if you hate modular anything maybe this isn’t something you will love.

I thought I’d enjoy modular because the app sounds so good. Turns out I don’t enjoy modular synths, or at least not virtual ones. I haven’t tried any hardware modular but I don’t think that’s on my radar either. Turns out I really enjoy mixing and recording music other people make more than making my own. Anything of my own is really just for fun.

• @ecou said:

I’ve never once tried to create a preset from scratch as I am ignorant and lazy in regard to such things but this is to my ears one of the best sounding synth apps on iOS.
    Presets are excellent.

• I love Model D, use it on everything. I’ve had Animoog forever. Should Model 15 ever get a decent sale, I’ll be adding it. And most of its IAPs.

• @ecou said:

@qryss said:

I have no interest of any kind in learning modular.

Did you buy any if the preset packs? Any good?

After a recent update Model 15 now includes a number of tutorials which take you through the app and various blocks.

As for the preset packs, Symbiotic Equations by Suzanne Ciani is excellent and free. Among the paid ones to me Sinfonietta Sintesi and Sonic Mayhem stand out, each one highlighting very different aspects of the synth.

• @Korakios said:
    Before updating can anyone try this AB3 session with 256 buffer size on Air2 (iOS 13)

http://preset.audiob.us/4tDVGdixalYRl1p

It should play without crackles , audio glitches only when switching GUI

Next is AUM , 256 buffer , playing 2 instances with the build in keyboard should be fine

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgzmomh47g589i4/ModelDtest.aumproj?dl=0

Very interested if anyone has an Air2 on iOS 12

Both projects are a disaster at 256. Air 2, 13.7, after restart. @MoogMusicInc

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

Have a great weekend!

<3 your friends at Moog

TestFlight build 269 in AUM at 256: 2 instances okay (75%), 3 instances cracklefest (110%). This is with the GUI closed, opening it leads to spikes but still playable with 2 instances.

Air 2, iOS 13.7, fresh start.

• edited April 2021

I saw Prince live only once. But it was in my top 3 concert. I have see a lot of artists.

Two interesting things happened during the concert

• At one point Prince yells to the band STOP It. And he points to this guy in the front row and says you are clapping out of time. So he tries to teach the guy how to tap in time but he was not getting it. So Prince goes I know what kind of music is for you and he start playing some country on his guitar. 😂😂

• The concert gets to the part where Prince yell Maceo can you blow? Everybody is looking all over for Maceo. Maceo starts his solo and I think man that solo is very loud in the mix. Well Maceo was standing on the balcony right next to me. The show was in a proper music hall not a arena.

The sound quality was great. If you ever been to arena show they can be terrible.

• Model 15 v2.2.6 build 269 is now live on the App Store with the performance fixes for older iOS devices.

We've disabled the public TestFlight link since you can get the released version as a proper update.

Thanks for all your testing, reporting, feedback and patience.

Have a great weekend!

❤️ your friends at Moog

• @ecou said:
    I saw Prince live only once. But it was in my top 3 concert. I have see a lot of artists.

• At one point Prince yells to the band STOP It. And he points to this guy in the front row and says you are clapping out of time. So he tries to teach the guy how to tap in time but he was not getting it. So Prince goes I know what kind of music is for you and he start playing some country on his guitar. 😂😂

• The concert gets to the part where Prince yell Maceo can you blow? Everybody is looking all over for Maceo. Maceo starts his solo and I think man that solo is very loud in the mix. Well Maceo was standing on the balcony right next to me. The show was in a proper music hall not a arena.

The sound quality was great. If you ever been to arena show they can be terrible.

Maybe intended for a different thread?

• @espiegel123 said:

@ecou said:

Maybe intended for a different thread?

Maybe Prince was playing a Moog app with suddenly worse cpu performance?