Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D 1.3.2 update is out

Comments

• @Brad said:
    Instances like this are the reason Apple should allow us the clone/properly backup. Then we could just revert back to the previous version. It would be less frustrating for us the users and for the developers as well.

That would be helpful. I suppose such a thing could be done easily on a desktop system, but not for a person who is iPad first.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Brad said:
    Instances like this are the reason Apple should allow us the clone/properly backup. Then we could just revert back to the previous version. It would be less frustrating for us the users and for the developers as well.

Perfect idea!

• @VoytecG said:

@Brad said:

Perfect idea!

Sadly, that is never going to happen.

• @NeuM said:

@Brad said:

That would be helpful. I suppose such a thing could be done easily on a desktop system, but not for a person who is iPad first.

It could be done, but Apple won’t ever allow it.

@wim said:

@VoytecG said:

@Brad said:

Perfect idea!

Yep! My frustration with Apple grows more and more. I’m seriously thinking about buying a pc laptop and going to Abelton. I don’t really want to, but in the future that might be the case for me.

• Hi everyone,

A quick update, we think we have a version ready but sadly several of our old devices have developed bulged batteries and don't hold their charge, which makes them behave strangely and hard to test. So we've submitted new versions to TestFlight for external testing and as soon as Apple approves them, we'll post a public link here. We would very much appreciate it if you could try those once they're available and let us know if they fix the problem on your device.

<3 your friends at Moog

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

A quick update, we think we have a version ready but sadly several of our old devices have developed bulged batteries and don't hold their charge, which makes them behave strangely and hard to test. So we've submitted new versions to TestFlight for external testing and as soon as Apple approves them, we'll post a public link here. We would very much appreciate it if you could try those once they're available and let us know if they fix the problem on your device.

<3 your friends at Moog

Ouch, that’s a tough situation. Thanks for communicating the issues. I’m sure there’s going to be plenty of people on here who will be able to check and provide feedback pretty quickly.

• @MoogMusicInc if you wanted to broaden your beta test group via TestFlight you would have a keen group of willing participants with all sorts of devices to pick from here.

Thanks for jumping on this one.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

This is one of the many reasons why Moog is the standard bearer. Thank you!

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

Ready when you are. Admirable work.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

Thanks for the communication. Looking forward to the update.

• I don’t know what the heck is going on. I’ve switched off the auto update in the settings for the modelD yesterday. Today I connected the iPad to the charger... what happened? It has updated the model D despite the auto update is still switched off...

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

You are amazing.

• @BCKeys said:

I believe that if you got the Model D update notification before you turned off the automatic updates, you will still get the automatic update for Model D.. In other words, it's like a waiting list that you get on and can't get off except by updating.
    The defects of iOS..
    But then, unless you had a concert scheduled tonight, Moog is really concerned by solving this issue as fast as possible :)

Yeah, luckily I didn’t plan to give a concert at Wembley tonight 😋

• @wim said:

@VoytecG said:

@Brad said:

Perfect idea!

It's so countercultural for Apple to relinquish control of anything to their users when it comes to how we interact with their devices or OS that this will never happen.

• edited April 2021

Good morning!

Apple has approved the release version of Minimoog Model D but not yet the TestFlight beta. So after more extensive testing during night (we were able to find a working iPad Air 1 and iPod Touch 6), we decided to push release 1.3.3.

Please let us know if this fixes the issues we mistakenly introduced in 1.3.2 for your devices.

The Model 15 update is also under review, but suddenly the Apple review team has decided that our App Preview video is not following their guidelines anymore after being on the store for many years, so we're working through that with them. Thanks for your patience and help!

<3 your friends at Moog

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    we were able to find a working iPad Air 1

Thank you from a user who's been in it since Filtatron and hasn't been able to upgrade lately.

• @GLacey said:

@BCKeys said:

I believe that if you got the Model D update notification before you turned off the automatic updates, you will still get the automatic update for Model D.. In other words, it's like a waiting list that you get on and can't get off except by updating.
    The defects of iOS..
    But then, unless you had a concert scheduled tonight, Moog is really concerned by solving this issue as fast as possible :)

Yeah, luckily I didn’t plan to give a concert at Wembley tonight 😋

The good news is that if you did, there wouldn’t be much of a crowd, so perfect time to have a non working setup.

Or, if you follow the news of what happens in our political process here in the USA (if you’re not in the USA), maybe your concert was scheduled to be held at wembley landscaping?

• @MoogMusicInc Thanks for the update!

It's a bit better but still not 'perfect' (Ie. as good it was before the 'improvements').

I'm using an iPad Air 2 (iPadOS 14.4.2) and mostly AUM at 44100 sample rate.

When using a 512 sample buffer the CPU usage hoovers around 50-60% depending on wether the UI is shown or not.
    When using a 256 sample buffer the CPU usage is around 80% when UI is not shown with UI show it's >100% and cracks up.

Using a 1024 buffer the CPU usage goes down to <50% with and without the UI show but the sound 'cracks up' (sounds almost as only half of the buffers are rendered?).

I'm happy with being able to use one instance reliably so for now I'll stick to using the 512 sample buffer.

Cheers!
    /Samuel

• @Samu said:
    @MoogMusicInc Thanks for the update!

It's a bit better but still not 'perfect' (Ie. as good it was before the 'improvements').

I'm using an iPad Air 2 (iPadOS 14.4.2) and mostly AUM at 44100 sample rate.

When using a 512 sample buffer the CPU usage hoovers around 50-60% depending on wether the UI is shown or not.
    When using a 256 sample buffer the CPU usage is around 80% when UI is not shown with UI show it's >100% and cracks up.

Using a 1024 buffer the CPU usage goes down to <50% with and without the UI show but the sound 'cracks up' (sounds almost as only half of the buffers are rendered?).

I'm happy with being able to use one instance reliably so for now I'll stick to using the 512 sample buffer.

Cheers!
    /Samuel

Thanks for the report Samuel, would you mind force quitting the app and restarting your iOS device? Do the CPU characteristics improve for Model D after the reboot?

• @BCKeys said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Good morning!

Apple has approved the release version of Minimoog Model D but not yet the TestFlight beta. So after more extensive testing during night (we were able to find a working iPad Air 1 and iPod Touch 6), we decided to push release 1.3.3.

Please let us know if this fixes the issues we mistakenly introduced in 1.3.2 for your devices.

The Model 15 update is also under review, but suddenly the Apple review team has decided that our App Preview video is not following their guidelines anymore after being on the store for many years, so we're working through that with them. Thanks for your patience and help!

<3 your friends at Moog

Just tried this last release, I had terrible crackles with 4 instances (iPad Air 3) with the previous version, now it works perfectly ! Thanks Moog ! So much appreciated 🥰

Thanks so much for the report, that's great to hear!

• edited April 2021

@MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks for the report Samuel, would you mind force quitting the app and restarting your iOS device? Do the CPU characteristics improve for Model D after the reboot?

I always do a reboot after installing updates before performing a test...
    But sure I'll do another reboot and give it a spin but it's highly unlikely the results will be different :)

After another 'Reboot' 1024 buffer works properly in AUM!
    Performance for 256 and 512 is about the same.

Selecting 2048 buffer in AUM causes 'Core Audio Click of Death'.
    (ie. all Audio is Muted until AUM is relaunched).

Two instances is with 1024 buffer is ok for me most of the time.
    (I mean the iPad Air 2 is old so I don't expect miracles from it).

Cheers!

• @GLacey said:
    I don’t know what the heck is going on. I’ve switched off the auto update in the settings for the modelD yesterday. Today I connected the iPad to the charger... what happened? It has updated the model D despite the auto update is still switched off...

You cannot switch auto update off for a single app. The "Background App Refresh" setting applies to the app refreshing itself, getting new data, etc. It really only applies to apps like news or weather, which rely on dynamic data. You can turn off App Updates for all apps in the App Store settings. That's what I do. AppStore still shows me a tag when updates are available, and I can update selectively, as desired.

• iPad Pro 9.7 here. I didn't update to 1.3.2, but straight to 1.3.3 and it does use more DSP now than before. I created a set up in AUM with Aphelian running a basic pattern. I could get 3 instances running at around 85% with crackles when I opened the GUI. Now 3 push it over the 100% mark and 2 sit around 85%. That's with a buffer setting of 512. I can run one instance comfortably so maybe that's going to be it until I decide to upgrade ye ol' iPad...it's been a bit of a workhorse.
    I swapped out Aphelian with Atom 2 and managed to get DSP usage to be at 80% with 3 instances at a 1024 buffer. 2 instances at around 65% with a 512 buffer. A buffer of 256 is putting things right on the edge. 1 instance is playing at 35-45%. Opening the GUI creates potential crackle issues. The Model D has always pushed it so this is not really beyond what I would consider normal behaviour on my iPad.

• edited April 2021

@MoogMusicInc Same as @Samu , it's better but still not as good as before the 'improvements'

• @Samu said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

I always do a reboot after installing updates before performing a test...
    But sure I'll do another reboot and give it a spin but it's highly unlikely the results will be different :)

After another 'Reboot' 1024 buffer works properly in AUM!
    Performance for 256 and 512 is about the same.

Selecting 2048 buffer in AUM causes 'Core Audio Click of Death'.
    (ie. all Audio is Muted until AUM is relaunched).

Two instances is with 1024 buffer is ok for me most of the time.
    (I mean the iPad Air 2 is old so I don't expect miracles from it).

Cheers!

Interesting and thanks so much for testing more.

On the iPad Air 2 we have with iOS 14.3, we can run two Model D instances in AUM at 512 buffers size with only 79% of CPU usage. We're upgraded to iOS 14.4.2 on that device now, you never know.

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Good morning!

<3 your friends at Moog

Air 2, 13.7:

at buffer 256 1 instance okay, two crackles
    ar buffer 512 2 instances okay

I did reboot after the update.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Good morning!

<3 your friends at Moog

Air 2, 13.7:

at buffer 256 1 instance okay, two crackles
    ar buffer 512 2 instances okay

I did reboot after the update.

Thank you! That sounds like what has been the case before 1.3.2.