Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Model D 1.3.2 update is out

Comments

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

thanks for the feedback. On the devices we tested we got better AUv3 CPU behavior but it seems we might have missed some combinations. We'll look over the iOS and device details reported in this thread and try to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. We apologize for the annoyance and inconvenience and will push a new update out as soon as possible.

<3 your friends at Moog

<3 Thank you for the reply!
    As a user, with the new version, I expected better optimization for the hardware. The opposite happened. I hope it's a work accident.
    Greetings.

Could you please provide the exact details of the device you're using with the iOS version? Thank you!

As I described in the mail (57344), it's the iPad 6th gen (2018). MMMD Seems to work as the standalone, but not as the AUv3 in hosts (AUM and/or Keystage). Previous version uses much more DSP than other apps, but was Okay (for me).

Could you also please share which iOS version you're using?

If you'd like another data point, I'm on a first generation iPad Pro 9.7" with the latest iOS14 beta and Model D glitches in both standalone and AU settings.

It was fine before the latest update even on my old hardware and running the OS betas.

All your software synths sound terrific BTW.

• @VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

thanks for the feedback. On the devices we tested we got better AUv3 CPU behavior but it seems we might have missed some combinations. We'll look over the iOS and device details reported in this thread and try to reproduce the behavior you're seeing. We apologize for the annoyance and inconvenience and will push a new update out as soon as possible.

<3 your friends at Moog

As a user, with the new version, I expected better optimization for the hardware. The opposite happened. I hope it's a work accident.
    Greetings.

Could you please provide the exact details of the device you're using with the iOS version? Thank you!

As I described in the mail (57344), it's the iPad 6th gen (2018). MMMD Seems to work as the standalone, but not as the AUv3 in hosts (AUM and/or Keystage). Previous version uses much more DSP than other apps, but was Okay (for me).

Thank you!

• edited April 2021

@McD said:
    Doesn't this app also run on the new Mac M1 computers? Maybe they are eager to make a great synth for that emerging market and the "Minimal DSP Resource" for IOS is the attempt to make the app functional for IOS devices.

No one has mentioned perceived changes in the sound... does anyone have an M1 to comment on impressions in that use case?

This is the latest v. 1.3.2 side loaded onto my M1 Mac Mini. The GUI isn’t all there. An external keyboard works, you can toggle the presets & access the settings.

As per noticeable differences in sound, I can’t say with the speakers I’ve got at the moment.

• For what it’s worth...
    iPad Pro 2020 12.9”
    iPad OS 14.4.2
    AUM 1.3.9, 44.1, buffer: 256
    Before update (1.3.1): 7 instances, monophonic, (playing) dsp: 97%-99%, sounds good
    After update (1.3.2): reload session dsp: 106%-110%. Total crackle fest, changed buffer to 512 and ok, 1024 pretty good and back to 95%-96%.
    Single ui was sluggish in both versions, more than that just keep getting worse.
    New version has a huge dsp spike just after loading the session that I don’t recall the old version having. Jumps up to 107% after all 7 instances are loaded then quiesces to 94% after a couple of seconds. Playing then jumps to 95%-96%

• In my case, loaded into GarageBand as an AUv3, resulted in horrendous static/white noise mixed in with all sounds. Quit GB and tried the apps in standalone mode and everything worked fine, so there is clearly something going on with the AUv3 and possibly chewing up too much memory. I switched the settings in iOS to 512 on the “Preferred Audio Buffer Size” and that seems to have solved the issue temporarily in my case, but beyond this I did no additional testing.

iPad Pro 12.9” (if I recall correctly, the second gen iPad Pro), running iOS 14.4.2

• @xor said:
    For what it’s worth...
    iPad Pro 2020 12.9”
    iPad OS 14.4.2
    AUM 1.3.9, 44.1, buffer: 256
    Before update (1.3.1): 7 instances, monophonic, (playing) dsp: 97%-99%, sounds good
    After update (1.3.2): reload session dsp: 106%-110%. Total crackle fest, changed buffer to 512 and ok, 1024 pretty good and back to 95%-96%.
    Single ui was sluggish in both versions, more than that just keep getting worse.
    New version has a huge dsp spike just after loading the session that I don’t recall the old version having. Jumps up to 107% after all 7 instances are loaded then quiesces to 94% after a couple of seconds. Playing then jumps to 95%-96%

Same iPad and iOS same behavior here 👍

• I think I'll hold off on upgrading till this gets sorted out.

• Yeah, the update has doubled resources 😢

• edited April 2021

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

Hi, Air 2 user. After the update, Model D will hover around 95% CPU in AUM, buffer 256. This wasn’t the case previously. A buffer of 1024 will bring it down to 40%, single instance. Any additional instance brings it back into the red.

Edit: iOS 13.7

• @MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

@VoytecG said:

@MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

Greetings.

Thank you!

14.4.2 iPad 6th generation

• Oh god. Thanks I’m still in iOS 13 :) & everything work fine without any glitches.

• Thanks everyone for posting your device and iOS combo.

Quick update: we have already found one problem and are testing a fix. We might not be able to do a full testing run tonight on all devices but are working as fast as we can. We only tested a selection of device/iOS combos for the last release and that caused this problem to slip through, so we want to be thorough this time.

Thanks so much for your patience and all the reports!

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Thanks everyone for posting your device and iOS combo.

Quick update: we have already found one problem and are testing a fix. We might not be able to do a full testing run tonight on all devices but are working as fast as we can. We only tested a selection of device/iOS combos for the last release and that caused this problem to slip through, so we want to be thorough this time.

Appreciate it.

• To be honest, my Model D was offloaded, I can’t remember when was the last time I used it.

With the update, I’m getting 70% - 100% DSP (big spikes when switching apps to type this) and sluggish UI with two AUs on AUM @128, which is the rate I use for everything else without issues. iPad Air3 with latest iPadOS.

• @MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks for being so responsive! Much appreciated.

• @NeuM said:

@MoogMusicInc said:

Thanks for being so responsive! Much appreciated.

Yes, thank you - definitely appreciate the response!

• edited April 2021

@Kandavu said:

@McD said:
    Doesn't this app also run on the new Mac M1 computers? Maybe they are eager to make a great synth for that emerging market and the "Minimal DSP Resource" for IOS is the attempt to make the app functional for IOS devices.

No one has mentioned perceived changes in the sound... does anyone have an M1 to comment on impressions in that use case?

This is the latest v. 1.3.2 side loaded onto my M1 Mac Mini. The GUI isn’t all there. An external keyboard works, you can toggle the presets & access the settings.

As per noticeable differences in sound, I can’t say with the speakers I’ve got at the moment.

The macOS release is not the same as the iOS release. Please don't side load an iOS binary on an M1 machine but rather download the dedicated macOS version from the App Store. The iOS binaries have none of the work we did for macOS.

[Update] only afterwards noticed you were trying Minimoog Model D, this use case is unsupported. Porting Model 15 took a significant amount of work, we don't expect that side loading Model D would work correctly.

<3 your friends at Moog

• @Littlewoodg said:
    Couple instances in Auria Pro, + Fabfilter Twin, + multi sample Piano instrument, + audio clips: cpu 44%. (Air 4th Gen latest iOS). I didn’t run more instances because that’s not my usual use case (I generally don’t run multiple instances of anything)

Edit: this report was pre update
    Same cpu after...

• @MoogMusicInc said:
    Hi everyone,

<3 your friends at Moog

Thanks! I hope it can be maintained to work on the older devices. I love this app - all Moog apps sound noticeably better than any other synth apps I have used, but I can't afford an iPad upgrade right now.

• I hope this gets fixed so i can update some time!

• I have not updated Model D yet. Is Model 15 having the same issues? Please say no. Model 15 is easily my favorite synth and I use it on everything. 🙏🏻

• Another user here who was stung by the update that claimed improvements!

• @Apex said:
    I have not updated Model D yet. Is Model 15 having the same issues? Please say no. Model 15 is easily my favorite synth and I use it on everything. 🙏🏻

At least on my iPad Air 2 Model 15 has the same type of issues and the macOS version 'crawls' on my 3Ghz 6-Core i5 MacMini.

But since I'm only using 1 instance most of the time I can live with the temporary 'glitch'.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    97% CPU On my Air2.

Soo, no?

Bummer...

Only 40% on my Air 3 - if that helps.

• I really need to stop updating Apps just because there is a new version.

• @tja said:
    I really need to stop updating Apps just because there is a new version.

I need to tattoo that somewhere visible.

• DSP 78 to 88 with 3 AU instances controlled by Fugue Machine AU on an iPad Air 3.
    That not such worse than before.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:

@tja said:
    I really need to stop updating Apps just because there is a new version.

I need to tattoo that somewhere visible.

😅😅😅

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Instances like this are the reason Apple should allow us the clone/properly backup. Then we could just revert back to the previous version. It would be less frustrating for us the users and for the developers as well.