Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audanika - The Successor to SoundPrism

That’s all Audanika just came out from the same developers of the SoundPrism series of apps. see App Store for more details.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audanika/id1547307555

Comments

• I don’t see anything about any connectivity in the App Store description. Not AUv3, not midi, nothing, so not sure if this only makes sound or can be used as a controller. Only $1.99

• Maybe the midi connectivity is assumed, per the ancestor, Soundprism

• I believe the gentleman behind the app (Gabriel) was on the Audiobus team, too. I wonder what @Sebastian is up to these days?

• Anyone took the dive.... ?

• @telecharge said:
    I believe the gentleman behind the app (Gabriel) was on the Audiobus team, too. I wonder what @Sebastian is up to these days?

Think SoundPrism was a joint venture of aorts. Sebastian (of AB fame) was the business part of the team.

• Interesting
    nice to see them getting back to the game

• edited April 2021

@RajahP said:
    Anyone took the dive.... ?

I did. There's no connectivity, and only one preset for the new layout. It does say it's the future successor to SoundPrism.

But the new layout is very cool, very interesting. There are "lead notes" and "chord notes"; horizontal movement chooses the lead note, vertical movement chooses the chord notes.

• Very odd. Indeed no obvious way to get at the noise from outside, but it IS lovely, and very much a variant of the SoundPrism universe. Can only presume it's the point man for further development or a (very) limited cash grab. Awfully pretty sound.

• Good to know, hopefully some updates on the way...

• Not for me. Yet.

Was thinking about app pricing. I think it would be fair enough to keep raising the price on each major update. So it rewards early adopters and the dev gets a bonus for their work.

• Just had this from Gabriel, the dev, in response to my query:

“ Yea, the Audanika (app) is still a "baby" which needs to grow. MIDI will be part of the next major update.

AUV3 is a frequently requested feature, which I hope to add soon too.”

• Totally lush sound - still love SoundPrism, so looking forward to see how this evolves....

• Nice. Waiting for it to mature.

• What sounds does it make, a sringy pad? If it connected and sent midi i by it could be cool

• edited April 2021

@enkaytee said:
    Totally lush sound - still love SoundPrism, so looking forward to see how this evolves....

SoundPrism Pro is still one of my favorite apps to just play with as a non-keyboard player. Better than Chordion, Navichord, HoneyChord, Shoom and Orphion. I've tried quite a few of them! Originally I had bought a bunch of the IAPs and it just makes beautiful music. Plus the interface makes finding 3rd and perfect 5ths super easy.

• Updated thread title to say the FUTURE successor to SoundPrism.

• Dont get it, how is Audanika different compared to Soundprisms?

• Ahhhh and still no AUv3 . Why? 😔

• I agree, kinda weird they started from scratch for audanika. It has a new mode which is definitely cool but could have easily fit into the original SoundPrism app. I am just hoping the reasons to start fresh will make it easier to go the auv3 route, because ive been dreaming of that for so long!

• @sloJordan said:
    I agree, kinda weird they started from scratch for audanika. It has a new mode which is definitely cool but could have easily fit into the original SoundPrism app. I am just hoping the reasons to start fresh will make it easier to go the auv3 route, because ive been dreaming of that for so long!

It’s a bit like Soundprism Link when they could have added link to the Pro version.

• Just noticed Gabriel is working on the rest of the rebranding. Has a new instagram and announced the changes on the youtube channel. The youtube channel will focus on the music learning side with kids, based on his thesis

• I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for Soundprism. Buying to support further development

• edited June 2021

One feature I always wanted in Soundprism was the ability to make your own custom chord shapes to be played with one press on the bottom row. Like you would just highlight right on the playing surface what you wanted to be played and then that shape is mapped to the respective bottom row buttons. So you’d have a custom voicing you could use to shred all over the surface with, in key of course

• edited June 2021

Been playing around more with this thing, the new play mode is KILLER. When midi out comes, which is said to be definitely coming at some point, I think we will all be very happy. The voicings you are able to get are just way better than Soundprism and easier to play, plus who doesn’t love the simplicity of such an interface?

• @db909 said:
    Been playing around more with this thing, the new play mode is KILLER. When midi out comes, which is said to be definitely coming at some point, I think we will all be very happy. The voicings you are able to get are just way better than Soundprism and easier to play, plus who doesn’t love the simplicity of such an interface?

I've been digging it too. I'm curious too about the videos Audanika will be dishing out

• edited June 2021

I spoke with the developer recently, maybe 7-10 days ago, and he is a member of this forum. He told me midi out and auv3 will be coming to this app, but didn’t give a time table. I’m particularly excited to get the midi out for Audanika. Then we can control basically anything.

• edited June 2021

Hi guys, I'm Gabriel, the developer of the Audanika app and I'm so happy to see this discussion. ❤️ I'm now starting to add MIDI to the Audanika. I'm planning to implement this concept and would be really happy to know your opinion / suggestions for it:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/45631/how-should-midi-be-implemented-in-the-new-audanika-app

• @syrupcore said:

@telecharge said:
    I believe the gentleman behind the app (Gabriel) was on the Audiobus team, too. I wonder what @Sebastian is up to these days?

Think SoundPrism was a joint venture of aorts. Sebastian (of AB fame) was the business part of the team.

Audanika was the company making SoundPrism. Gabriel and I used to run that company, with me focusing on the business side of things and Gabriel being the CTO.

These days Gabriel has taken over both parts (business and tech) and the new Audanika app is his vision for the future. Although I'm not involved in it, I'm very interested in where it's heading and I'm wishing him all the best. I'm really glad to see the community here is so supportive.

• @telecharge said:

I haven't been part of the (iOS) music scene since late 2017 but I'm keeping an eye on developments. It seems not that much has changed but it's good to know everything's still around. :)

As to what I'm currently doing: business development for large corporate entities with an emphasis on innovation. In case anyone would like to get a hold of me for those kinds of things you can find me on LinkedIn.

• 👋🏽 Great to see you @Sebastian. Glad things are going well.