Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Organisation Tips for iOS?

Hey guys,

A while back, my iPad did something funky where it reset and I had to reinstall a bunch of apps. For the ones that were still left on the iPad, they were no longer in folders for the most part (some were, some weren’t). Imagine deleting all of your apps then randomly downloading apps you have purchased over the years until your iPad is full. That’s what I was dealing with and I am still somewhat dealing with today.

Prior to this going down, my IPad was far from the most organized anyway but because I’d built up the apps over time, i still knew where to find everything (even in a completely wacky backwards system, it worked okay). Fast forward to now and it was such a mess I didn’t even know where to start honestly. I’ve tried to just kind of chip away at it in a couple of sessions of an hour or two each but the dent made versus the work still left to be done is daunting to say the least.

Looking for some outside the box solutions here or perhaps something I’m overlooking. Is there anyway to organise the ipad home screens without reviewing each app individually, deciding whether or not it should go in a folder, then which folder that should be? I don’t believe that there is but perhaps I’m missing something. If we assume there isn’t, is there any way you know of to get rid of all existing folders and “start fresh” or anything along those lines?

I’d also like to hear how you have chosen to organise your music apps specifically but at this point, just making sure I’m not missing any bulk options that could save some time.

I do know the trick where you can move multiple apps at once (hold down finger until all the apps start wiggling, click the app you want to move and then while you still have a finger on that first app, begin clicking other apps with a second finger. This will “grab” every app you touch with the second finger and essentially stack them all up under the first finger so you can move a bunch of apps at once. For someone in my situation here, this one trick has helped out tremendously and I actually think it was someone on this forum who shared it with me (I think I may have posted about this when it very first happened actually). Guess I’m wondering if there’s anything else I don’t know about?

I think I may just need to keep after it manually but it frightens me to think if I spend that amount of time and end up in the same spot again after all the work. Actually considering mass deleting all the apps and just downloading apps as I think of them and want to use them. This seems like it might be the best option available at the moment.

Look forward to hearing any of you savants have been keeping to yourselves! LOL. Thanks guys