Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Preset sharing in Virsyn’s Poseidon (Solved)

@VirSyn I’m making presets for Poseidon with the intention of sharing. Seems like it’s not possible to create and name a new specific folder for user-made presets. There’s only a “user” category where ALL user presets get stored. Also seems like Poseidon will only export one patch at a time, and only via email! And another thing, I’m only seeing an export function, no import function. I’m assuming import happens automatically for the recipient of the email when they open the patch data(?). How would I share say 20, 30 or more presets here if email is the only option? Email them to myself one at a time and copy them here one at a time? 😅🤔 Would that even work? Am I missing something? Any suggestions/ideas very much appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• @Spidericemidas said:
    @VirSyn I’m making presets for Poseidon with the intention of sharing. Seems like it’s not possible to create and name a new specific folder for user-made presets. ... Any suggestions/ideas very much appreciated. Thanks!

Do consider saving your presets into AUM as AUM presets. Then zip up the directory:

• 7672736E706F736461756D75

from 'My iPad -> AUM -> AUM Presets', which will have your saved presets.
    I used that approach for sharing RX950 as well as PSA1000 / PSA1000Jr presets.

Folks can unzip into the same location and then use the AUM presets on the synth. If desired, once an AUM preset has been loaded, it can be re-saved into the app - when the app supports it: in the above example RX950 does not have its own preset management, while PSA1000 does. Once re-saved in the app, one can then use the preset in other hosts also. Definitely has the leg up on e-mail / one-preset-at-a-time processing.

• @Tim6502 said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    @VirSyn I’m making presets for Poseidon with the intention of sharing. Seems like it’s not possible to create and name a new specific folder for user-made presets. ... Any suggestions/ideas very much appreciated. Thanks!

Do consider saving your presets into AUM as AUM presets. Then zip up the directory:

• 7672736E706F736461756D75

from 'My iPad -> AUM -> AUM Presets', which will have your saved presets.
    I used that approach for sharing RX950 as well as PSA1000 / PSA1000Jr presets.

Folks can unzip into the same location and then use the AUM presets on the synth. If desired, once an AUM preset has been loaded, it can be re-saved into the app - when the app supports it: in the above example RX950 does not have its own preset management, while PSA1000 does. Once re-saved in the app, one can then use the preset in other hosts also. Definitely has the leg up on e-mail / one-preset-at-a-time processing.

Hi Tim6502, many thanks for replying with this very interesting gem of information. I must admit even after all this time on the platform (5 years), my still rather limited awareness of the workings within certain areas on iOS meant that I initially had absolutely no idea what you were referring to. However, I followed what you’d written, and did a little test by saving a test preset into AUM from Poseidon. Then a click on AUM in my files app led me to an AU presets folder where I found a folder with the long directory number you referenced, with my test preset present inside it! Might sound silly, but I’ve never been there or seen that before! (Never needed to in the past). Then I suddenly understood what you were suggesting! That was an education for me! That’s a pretty cunning workaround. Thanks so much for this excellent tip and knowledge. Very much appreciated! I will continue with the presets and then see about sharing them via your method. Brilliant! 🙏

• And I've used the PSA1000jr presets shared by @Tim6502 . It was easy to load the zipped folder into the AUM folder in Files. Then, I could load each one in an AUM session including PSA1000jr, then save it inside the app. Tedious but definitely workable.

• Creative workarounds aside, a proper patch sharing system would definitely add value to Poseidon (or any app for that matter) @VirSyn

• @Spidericemidas : you might want to email virsyn via the email addresses on the web site.He reads his email promptly (even if he doesn't reply). I don't know how often he is on AB Forum.

• @Philandering_Bastard said:
    Creative workarounds aside, a proper patch sharing system would definitely add value to Poseidon (or any app for that matter) @VirSyn

Agreed!

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Spidericemidas : you might want to email virsyn via the email addresses on the web site.He reads his email promptly (even if he doesn't reply). I don't know how often he is on AB Forum.

Yeah I was thinking of contacting Virsyn directly. Poseidon is pretty old now in iOS years. Not sure if they’d want to apply their time and resources on adding a bank sharing facility on such an ‘old’ unit, but it’s worth a shot!

• @Spidericemidas said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Spidericemidas : you might want to email virsyn via the email addresses on the web site.He reads his email promptly (even if he doesn't reply). I don't know how often he is on AB Forum.

Yeah I was thinking of contacting Virsyn directly. Poseidon is pretty old now in iOS years. Not sure if they’d want to apply their time and resources on adding a bank sharing facility on such an ‘old’ unit, but it’s worth a shot!

So glad to hear that you could make it work, @Spidericemidas!

The app must support AUv3 for this trick to apply, so it cannot be super old. With IAA-only apps, presumably a similar hack might be possible using Audiobus.

• @Spidericemidas
    Do you still have the original .fxb files that were exported from Poseidon? I would import your presets one by one, by clicking and holding a file and share it with Poseidon. There it just needs to be saved to user category. 30 presets should be done in a few minutes...

• I should still have the files somewhere, I will check for you and come back. Cheers.

• edited May 2022

@ZankFrappa said:
    @Spidericemidas
    Do you still have the original .fxb files that were exported from Poseidon? I would import your presets one by one, by clicking and holding a file and share it with Poseidon. There it just needs to be saved to user category. 30 presets should be done in a few minutes...

Hopefully this works. It’s the zip file from the presets folder in AUM. I think if you can save it to your files app and then tap on it, it will create a folder with the individual presets files inside. Let me know if you have any luck with it. Cheers.