Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

YUMI: Synth - Get on the Bus?

I've read on the Jasuto website (same dev as YUMI: Synth) that he is planning to update YUMI: Synth to be on the Bus. This was a long time ago. I've sent an email to the dev, but received no response.

Anyone else want to help bug a developer to update YUMI: Synth?

Comments

• There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the developer's website.

http://www.jasuto.com/main/

• edited May 2014

Interesting. Last update May 2011. I think it's almost comical how all of these music apps from the early days of the App Store are kind of sitting around there, abandoned as forgotten novelties, and then AudioBus comes along and there's suddenly a way to record and turn even some of the cheesier apps into actual "instruments". Many of these developers probably "got out of the game years ago" and all of the sudden they're conscripted to add a bunch of SDK's so like 15 hardest-of-the-hardcore iOS musicians might now buy their app.

How are the string sounds in YUMI? Are they notably better than the strings in modern synth apps? I typically prefer Soundfonts (bs-16i) for a string sound over synths, though a few (Magellan in particular) has some that are pretty good.

• I would agree with what @synthandson said. It may not have the best sounding strings, but the interface makes for some unique playing, and the sounds can get quite nice.

I know the dev recently updated Jasuto, so I know he's not completely abandoning the game, but there does seem to be significant time in between app updates.

I'm no dev, but I can't imagine it's that hard to implement AB?