Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Going In To States : Drambo Ambient Track

Comments

• @echoopera said:
    Heavenly :)

Thank you for sharing your configuration and providing some feedback...

I'll (hopefully) move forward with my Drambo knowledge by studying your approach.

• @McD said:

@echoopera said:
    Heavenly :)

Thank you for sharing your configuration and providing some feedback...

I'll (hopefully) move forward with my Drambo knowledge by studying your approach.

Sure thing! Glad it's proving to be helpful.

• Is there a suitable module in Drambo to capture a recording of a performance?

• edited April 2021

@McD said:
    Is there a suitable module in Drambo to capture a recording of a performance?

I sometimes use MultiTrack to do that. Just add it to the Master Channel at the end of the chain.

Right now the Sampler only captures a certain amount of time...I want to say 5 minutes, but it might be less than that.

• @echoopera said:

@McD said:
    Is there a suitable module in Drambo to capture a recording of a performance?

I sometimes use MultiTrack to do that. Just add it to the Master Channel at the end of the chain.

Good answer. I happen to own the 4Pockets Multitrack Recorder.

• Give that a try...I think you can then export the set...

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

I wonder if Koala could also be used at the end of that FX chain?

Koala is NOT an AUv3 implementation... it's IAA. Won't load in Drambo.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

"MultiTrack Recorder Plugin" works great... multiple tracks so you can keep recording takes.

It's a bit tricky to set up:
    the sample rate defaults in Drambo (44Khz) and MultiTrack (48Khz) don't match.

I had to change the sample rate in a Multitrack Recorder standalone instance to get to the the sample rate widget which lies outside the AUv3 GUI frame. Then I'd kill it and load up in Drambo and it would go back to the 48Khz default.

So, I left the standalone running after selecting 44Khz and loaded a Drambo instance and they were both at 44Khz.

I found some relevant advice for aligning sample rates in a MultiTrack Recorder thread:

OK weird... at the moment it looks like if I add Mutlitrack recorder to a blank scene in NS2 (Which runs at 44khz) Multitrack AU initialy sets itself up at 48khz, which causes imported 44khz samples to import at 48khz and play back wrong . However, if after adding Multitrack Recorder I select 'New Song' within Multitrack Recorder it then assigns the same rate as NS2 (in this case 44 khz) and all is well from that point on. So not a fatal flaw from the looks of it, but still a flaw and something to be mindful of when using it.

For export you can export individual or groups of tracks with one pass. I selected the AUM Folder on my iCloud drive and when I open AudioShare I could see the file. MultiTrack creates file names using a default naming pattern and has a label function but the label is only some metadata in the app and it doesn't change the exported file name.

This looks like the right tool for the job.

• edited April 2021

@McD said:
    "MultiTrack Recorder Plugin" works great... multiple tracks so you can keep recording takes.

It's a bit tricky to set up:
    the sample rate defaults in Drambo (44Khz) and MultiTrack (48Khz) don't match.

I had to change the sample rate in a Multitrack Recorder standalone instance to get to the the sample rate widget which lies outside the AUv3 GUI frame. Then I'd kill it and load up in Drambo and it would go back to the 48Khz default.

So, I left the standalone running after selecting 44Khz and loaded a Drambo instance and they were both at 44Khz.

I found some relevant advice for aligning sample rates in a MultiTrack Recorder thread:

OK weird... at the moment it looks like if I add Mutlitrack recorder to a blank scene in NS2 (Which runs at 44khz) Multitrack AU initialy sets itself up at 48khz, which causes imported 44khz samples to import at 48khz and play back wrong . However, if after adding Multitrack Recorder I select 'New Song' within Multitrack Recorder it then assigns the same rate as NS2 (in this case 44 khz) and all is well from that point on. So not a fatal flaw from the looks of it, but still a flaw and something to be mindful of when using it.

For export you can export individual or groups of tracks with one pass. I selected the AUM Folder on my iCloud drive and when I open AudioShare I could see the file. MultiTrack creates file names using a default naming pattern and has a label function but the label is only some metadata in the app and it doesn't change the exported file name.

This looks like the right tool for the job.

Cool. Love seeing you chase down the rabbit for this little project. It’s exactly as i hoped. Someone would take my little somnambulistic reverie and create an extension of the dream in their own way and reinterpret the cosmic dream.

The ledger is being maintained and extended 🙏🏼💕

Thank you @McD

• @echoopera said:

Karma Blockchain?

Thanks for sharing your special skills. I love shortcuts to good sounding experiences.

• @McD said:

@echoopera said:

Karma Blockchain?

Thanks for sharing your special skills. I love shortcuts to good sounding experiences.

Did you try creating a new song in MTR while in Drambo? That should create the project at Drambo’s sample rate.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Did you try creating a new song in MTR while in Drambo? That should create the project at Drambo’s sample rate.

No. Thanks for the tip.

• Hey, Drambo just got an update!

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

@Intrepolicious said:
    Hey, Drambo just got an update!

https://forum.audiob.us/uploads/editor/tg/o3bo9uwltdaw.png

Filters look like they are interesting for adding complexity and to be more
    Moog like.

• Another track made from @echoopera's project... I added Analog Filters and recorded using
    MultiTrack Recorder:

• @McD loving these departures and advancements. Thank you 👊🏼™️

• @McD said:
    Another track made from @echoopera's project... I added Analog Filters and recorded using
    MultiTrack Recorder:

This is pretty cool! A nice ambient texture!

• @Intrepolicious said:
    This is pretty cool! A nice ambient texture!

I haven't even changed any of the notes in @echoopera's sequencing yet... just lowered the BPM for less energy in the output.

This is a gentle first step into the confusing world of Drambo... then questions or videos
    can be used to understand what's going on.

• edited April 2021

Just remember @McD what happened to Alice when she chased after the Rabbit :)

Enjoy the trip because it's a very fulfilling one.

Have a listen to this one I am building up using native Drambo instruments and effects:

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0vU6TNG189ASK_Ryjux6Zc4IA#Keeping_faith

MixBox and Tape Pro are the only auv3 you'll need or not...since it's on the MasterBus channel

• @echoopera said:
    Have a listen to this one I am building up using native Drambo instruments and effects:
    https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0vU6TNG189ASK_Ryjux6Zc4IA#Keeping_faith

MixBox and Tape Pro are the only auv3 you'll need or not...since it's on the MasterBus channel

Nice! I encourage anyone with Drambo to download this one to see how it's done by
    someone that has put in the time and effort to learn the modules.

It sounds great without MixBox and Tape Pro loaded too. I purchased Tape Pro, however,
    to get the full effect but it's not required.

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

I started from scratch on my iPhone... downloaded this Drambo project and customized it with my app and preset choices.

• Nice @McD way to do it👊🏼™️

• McDMcD
    edited April 2021

@echoopera said:
    Nice @McD way to do it👊🏼™️

This is obviously a collaboration... I'm just getting a deep dive into your workflow.

I recommend it for anyone wary of Drambo that has invested but not learned
    to master it yet.

• @McD said:

Nice! I encourage anyone with Drambo to download this one to see how it's done by
    someone that has put in the time and effort to learn the modules.

Alright, I took that challenge and downloaded his project. I don’t own Mixbox or the tape thing so I put Bark Filter (on the Triple band preset) and the 6144 EQ here. Other than that, no other AUv3s were used. All of the sounds you hear are Just stock Drambo modules that either came with Drambo, or were downloaded from patchstorage. Most of these instruments were carried over from @echoopera ’s project, but I did change a few and add a few more. I also added a few more tracks.

I added a few graphic modulators to things here and there to give it some life. Also added some heavier drum sounds towards the end of the piece to really drive it home. Threw in a Euclidean sequencer on one track as well.

• ^^^that was the “Keeping Faith” project.

• @Intrepolicious said:
    Alright, I took that challenge and downloaded his project.

Beautifully crafted piece... nice arc to the construction and a clever false ending before the
    last run and fade out.

I see you're using the "Keys" functions and know your away around Drambo.

I hope you inspire more to take the challenge and build from the downloadable project file.

• @McD said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    Alright, I took that challenge and downloaded his project.

Beautifully crafted piece... nice arc to the construction and a clever false ending before the
    last run and fade out.

I see you're using the "Keys" functions and know your away around Drambo.

I hope you inspire more to take the challenge and build from the downloadable project file.

Thank you!

This project he’s shared is actually a great starter for Drambo beginners, with each of the 8 native tracks already preloaded with instruments.

• @Intrepolicious Love it. Has this dark and haunting Depeche Mode meets mellow NIN undertones. Thanks for sharing.

• @echoopera said:
    @Intrepolicious Love it. Has this dark and haunting Depeche Mode meets mellow NIN undertones. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I'm calling it @echoopera inspired, since I changed pretty much everything in the project. Thank you for the motivation and the sharing.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@echoopera said:
    @Intrepolicious Love it. Has this dark and haunting Depeche Mode meets mellow NIN undertones. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks! I'm calling it @echoopera inspired, since I changed pretty much everything in the project. Thank you for the motivation and the sharing.

That's fair... you took your project in a whole new direction that bears little resemblance to
    the original work.