Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NS2 start recording in sync with external app

In Xequence 2 I can load GR-16 and X2 into AUM, enable multitrack record and hit record in X2. GR-16 is then automatically started in sync with the recording and no further editing is required. Hitting record in NS2 with the same setup just starts recording immediately and does not start GR so nothing is recorded. I can manually hit play in GR then manually hit record in NS2 but then need to edit the NS2 recording so it starts in the right place.

Is there a way of achieving this automatic in-sync recording in NS2?

Comments

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    In Xequence 2 I can load GR-16 and X2 into AUM, enable multitrack record and hit record in X2. GR-16 is then automatically started in sync with the recording and no further editing is required. Hitting record in NS2 with the same setup just starts recording immediately and does not start GR so nothing is recorded. I can manually hit play in GR then manually hit record in NS2 but then need to edit the NS2 recording so it starts in the right place.

The other apps have Link Start/Stop enabled but NS2 doesn’t have this, hopefully it will get added at some point.

I was looking for a workaround to record midi into NS2 in sync with AUM the other day but gave up in the end and put NS2 back in the box.

• @GrimLucky said:

@MisplacedDevelopment said:

The other apps have Link Start/Stop enabled but NS2 doesn’t have this, hopefully it will get added at some point.

I was looking for a workaround to record midi into NS2 in sync with AUM the other day but gave up in the end and put NS2 back in the box.

Thanks, that will save me continuing to bang my head against this wall! X2 exported to NS2 seems painless enough with the “seperate sub tracks” option set, and of course remembering to turn quantise off.