Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midiflow for audiobus can do this ?

Hi, I have a quite complex question,
I have to mute or unmute a channel on my x32 mixer based on certain conditions, if I'm playng on my midi keyboard, the channel have to be unmuted, either if i'm not playng the channel should bu muted.
x32 mixer support CC midi in to mute or unmute the channels.
My goal is:
connect Midi out of my midi keyboard to iPad midi in (throught external sound card)... then connect midi out of iPad (sound card) to the x32 mixer.
So I'm searching an app that can send this Midi CC message to mixer when the keyboard is playing and send another Midi CC message when the keyboard is not playng.

The problem is that in the keyboard I can obviously play more than one note at the same time, so the idea to send CC (unmute) on Note on and CC (mute) on note OFF is not possible, I think that the app have to send CC (unmute) when receive the first Note On and collect all the note ON received and only when receive the last Note OFF (so no other keys is pressed on the keyboard) have to send the CC (mute).

I have to do this to hack a Vocoder to stop sound when I'm not pressing any keys in the keyboard.

Can Midiflow do this ?
Do you know any other app that can to this ?
Is there any developper that can do this ?

Thanks, Luca.

Comments

• @murakami1978 said:
    Hi, I have a quite complex question,
    I have to mute or unmute a channel on my x32 mixer based on certain conditions, if I'm playng on my midi keyboard, the channel have to be unmuted, either if i'm not playng the channel should bu muted.
    x32 mixer support CC midi in to mute or unmute the channels.
    My goal is:
    connect Midi out of my midi keyboard to iPad midi in (throught external sound card)... then connect midi out of iPad (sound card) to the x32 mixer.
    So I'm searching an app that can send this Midi CC message to mixer when the keyboard is playing and send another Midi CC message when the keyboard is not playng.

The problem is that in the keyboard I can obviously play more than one note at the same time, so the idea to send CC (unmute) on Note on and CC (mute) on note OFF is not possible, I think that the app have to send CC (unmute) when receive the first Note On and collect all the note ON received and only when receive the last Note OFF (so no other keys is pressed on the keyboard) have to send the CC (mute).

I have to do this to hack a Vocoder to stop sound when I'm not pressing any keys in the keyboard.

Can Midiflow do this ?
    Do you know any other app that can to this ?
    Is there any developper that can do this ?

Thanks, Luca.

Streambyter and Mozaic could do this with a few lines of scripting

• Try posting this on the Audeonic forum, https://audeonic.boards.net/. Nic and others enjoy helping with questions like this.

• @murakami1978 : is this logic what you are looking for. If not perhaps you can refine it, it will help you if you decide to write the script or the person that helps you:

When the script starts:

• set the numberOfNotesPlaying to 0

When a note on is received:

• if NumberOfNotesPlaying is 0, send VocoderOnCC
    • Add 1 to NumberOfNotesPlaying

When a note off is received:

• subtract 1 from NumberOfNotesPlaying
    • If NumberOfNotesPlaying is 0, send VocoderOffCC
  • Thanks a lot, I'm studing streambyter... I'm a C# developper so with a minimum I think I will do it.
    Thanks to all

• @murakami1978 said:
    Thanks a lot, I'm studing streambyter... I'm a C# developper so with a minimum I think I will do it.
    Thanks to all

StreamByter is straightforward for this. The one thing that takes getting used to is that it is a register p-based approach. So, you apply operations to a variable rather than evaluate expressions.