Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

GSi VB3m tonewheel organ for iOS

I'm excited that GSi is porting their tonewheel organ to iOS. I hope it's a stable release. I also hope it will be a success so they'll bring all their plugins to iOS.

I couldn't find it by searching in the app store, I followed the big iOS link on their home page:

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=50

Comments

• I might get this. I wonder how it compares to the mighty Hammond.

• Is this AUV3?

• This gentleman confirmed that it is AUV3!

• @cyberheater said:
    I might get this. I wonder how it compares to the mighty Hammond.

VB3 has been one of the greatest emulations for years in the desktop world.

• @Stuntman_mike said:
    This gentleman confirmed that it is AUV3!

I haven't tried the AUV3 yet, only the stand-alone as that is how I'll be using it, but I'm happy to have AUV3 as an option. My first impressions of the app are good.

The font is a little fuzzy on my iPad Air v3, I find myself squinting. The GUI is just ok, besides the font there's nothing wrong with it, but it's not wonderful. My guess is it was designed for the phone and then just stretched for the iPad. I don't like that there is no way to trigger sounds directly from the iPad while changing drawbar settings. I need to have a controller keyboard plugged in. There's a lot of space, a little virtual keyboard on the organ page would be nice.

I like the sound a lot so far. I'll be running it from the iPad through a Neo Ventilator Leslie sim so I'm not worried about the Leslie emulation but I think it's a good sounding Leslie. Like most emulations I've heard it sounds better, more realistic, on slow. The drive is good with some drawbar settings, a little harsh with others. But overall it is in the right ballpark. The Neo has a beautiful drive, I love it on any instrument, this one isn't at that level. But this app is $15 and the Ventilator costs hundreds. The reverb on this GSi organ is excellent.

So for a core tonewheel sound this is great. I like the keyclick, the vibrato, the reverb, the overall tone. The GUI will do. I know IK make an expensive, very nice sounding Hammond app. I don't know how this compares with that one or others on the app store. I decided to get this GSi tonewheel clone based on the quality of their desktop instruments I've tried. The app seems very stable so far, but like I mentioned, I haven't checked out the AUV3. It's a good clonewheel, not perfect, I think it is worth the money.

I'd love to hear comments from people that have tried this and compared it with other tonewheel clones.

• So, @Daveypoo, how does it compare?

• Don't have it... Yet 😉

• 7 mb! Can you save drawbar settings? VST demos are first rate Hammond sound.

• Look - the dev is Italian, so this HAS to be good.

;)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The VB3m comes with only 16 presets. Is it possible to save a custom sound?

• edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @lano said:
    The VB3m comes with only 16 presets. Is it possible to save a custom sound?

I can't believe it but I don't see that option anywhere! I hope I'm wrong.
    @BCKeys- thanks for posting that video, I'm going to have a listen tonight.

• edited April 2021
  • @BCKeys said:

@abf said:

@lano said:

You’re welcome ;) it’s a desktop VST comparison but GSI and B3-x are reviewed and I think this video gives a great overview of the emulation of a Hammond in 2021!

And yeah, I don’t see any user preset option too, AppStore or GSI website ..

Btw, you can still use your DAW or AUM to save your own presets.I mostly use AUM for this purpose, because you can easily backup them to iCloud.

Cubasis do it too
    GB do it but no export.

My favorite is AUM, because I can use it in Garage Band through IAA 😍 powerful combo !

Cheers

So what if you came up with ‘the perfect preset’ in AUM and want to use it in another Host?

Like so many instrument that has this ‘limitation’..

• That said.. how does this stack up to the IKM B3-X?

• edited April 2021
  • @BCKeys said:

@RajahP said:

@BCKeys said:

@abf said:

@lano said:

You’re welcome ;) it’s a desktop VST comparison but GSI and B3-x are reviewed and I think this video gives a great overview of the emulation of a Hammond in 2021!

And yeah, I don’t see any user preset option too, AppStore or GSI website ..

Btw, you can still use your DAW or AUM to save your own presets.I mostly use AUM for this purpose, because you can easily backup them to iCloud.

Cubasis do it too
    GB do it but no export.

My favorite is AUM, because I can use it in Garage Band through IAA 😍 powerful combo !

Cheers

So what if you came up with ‘the perfect preset’ in AUM and want to use it in another Host?

Like so many instrument that has this ‘limitation’..

There’s still one possibility, screenshot and reproduce your perfect preset in your DAW...

I just described my favorite mechanism, GB+AUM offers so many options and very CPU-friendly compared to AUv3’s in a DAW. But yeah, if IAA dies, I die !

If saving presets is possible in the app, it is still very convenient for me to manage my presets with AUM. However, if I want to be able to use them in another host, AUM allows saving in the App but the developer must have activated some options like here :

Seems like that ‘save In plug-in’ don’t work..

Well, not in MidiSTEPs.. let me double check..

• This is great news!

• After watchng the tonewheel organ shootout I'm very happy to have this new GSi emulation. I think the IK version is the gold standard now, but the GSi sounds excellent, even without taking the price difference into consideration.

• Hey guys - here's my comparison video for Galileo 2, Hammond B-3X & VB3m

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    Nice video @Daveypoo, thanks ! 👍

Well, my conclusion is B-3X still on top, but the 2 others are really fantastic options if the Hammond is not a central piece of your productions.

Yep - that's my feeling as well. There's nothing WRONG with either Galileo or VB3m - they'll work just fine in a mix - but if you're a connoisseur of all things Hammond, then there's no other way to go than B-3X.

• Updated, seem to have preset saving..now..

• And scaling!

• Fantastic! Thanks!

• Just the app icon could be a little more appealing 😅

• Damn, this sounds really good. I’m actually liking it more than Galileo, could be to the simplicity of it but I do like the Leslie a lot on this. I’m sure IKs is still the best but I don’t have that kind of money

• @Fingolfinzz said:
    Damn, this sounds really good. I’m actually liking it more than Galileo, could be to the simplicity of it but I do like the Leslie a lot on this. I’m sure IKs is still the best but I don’t have that kind of money

Y'know there's a lot of tuning possible with Galileo, on all the effects including the Leslie. And even more if you buy the optional pack. It's a bit unfair to compare these apps "out of the box", without trying to tune them to your preference. Like not adjusting the seat in a car.