Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Rhodes-off 2021! feat: NSKS2, Electric Vintage, House Mark I & VTines - Daveypoo, The MMM

2»

Comments

• @TimRussell IMHO Vintage Electric is more personal — more imperfections. Small on CPU w/full set of needed EFXs and some more. Worth checking.
    Greetings

• When going for pure Rhodes, I reach for VTines more often than NSKS2. I just dig it's particular tone ad it resembles my old Rhodes and is more my preference. I to prefer them a bit dirty, a bit rough around the edges, etc. I use VT for Rhodes & NSKS2 for Wurly & Clavinet sounds.

• Maybe I just need all the Rhodes’s’s’s…

• Well, yeah. Duh!

😉

• @TimRussell said:
    Huge fan of NSK2 here but tempted by the smaller footprint of V-Tines.
    I don’t like my Rhodes to sound too smooth (I like the imperfections) and this is something that NSK2 excels in.
    Can V-Tines scratch that itch or is it more aimed at recreating a Rhodes in perfect condition?

Listen to the video a couple of posts up.

• @Daveypoo said:
    When going for pure Rhodes, I reach for VTines more often than NSKS2. I just dig it's particular tone ad it resembles my old Rhodes and is more my preference. I to prefer them a bit dirty, a bit rough around the edges, etc. I use VT for Rhodes & NSKS2 for Wurly & Clavinet sounds.

Dave,
    Your video was the deciding factor for me (thanks). I have a question for you:
    Since the iPad version does not have the flexibility in the Amp (as does the Desktop version), have you tried turning it off and routing the audio through an amp sim (like a Fender Twin)?

Thanks!

• edited December 2021

@dhsherbert said:
    Dave,
    Your video was the deciding factor for me (thanks). I have a question for you:
    Since the iPad version does not have the flexibility in the Amp (as does the Desktop version), have you tried turning it off and routing the audio through an amp sim (like a Fender Twin)?

Thanks!

Yes, I've used both VTines & NSKS2 with an amp sim, even using Thafknar for a cab too but only when looking for a special or specific or different tone. More often than not I just use them "direct" - I just really dig EPs 😉. I use an amp/cab sim more with a Clav than with an EP. Just personal preference and laziness 😁

You're welcome!