Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPhone iOS music resources

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

I keep seeing references here & there on the forum about the iPhone & its somewhat superior performance compared to most iPad models currently available or in use (still). Are there iOS music resources online that deal strictly with what one can do & what is available for the iPhone? It's tough to wade through the forum to dig up nuggets of useful information on the subject as practically EVERYBODY here has iPads or Airs... seems to be a matter of no one having much valuable info because they don't use their iPhones for iOS music - which I get, trust me... Any advice, besides "Get an iPad!" ;-)

Comments

• One area I need clarification on is what outboard gadgets are good to use with the iPhone... This was brought on by the recent iConnectMIDI4 thread, as well as threads concerning docks (and what's a 'cck'?) for connecting gadgets & charging them... USB hubs... The head swims...

• edited May 2014

Cck = Apple Camera Connection Kit... a glorified USB adapter. Don't go generic on the USB adapter or you'll be sorry. I've yet to get one for my ipad, but my son uses the same CCK with both his iPod and ipad 3 with no problems. He's using a Line 6 Mobile Keys 99-072-0515 Midi Controller as an input device (the Line 6 came with its own 30-pin interface for iPod/iPhone/iPad 2,3) as well as guitar interface (see the last post in guitar interface sticky to see what interface I use.). Also see the sticky post on "recommend an interface". There's probably some stuff on iPhone in there.