Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

ATOM Piano Roll 2 . Use this script for iOS 13/Launchpad Compatibility

Currently, if you use iOS 13 with Atom 2 and a Launchpad, the Launchpad needs help getting into the right state. @MrBlaschke has figured out some sysex that solves the problem. Below is a Mozaic script you can use to make things work right with a Launchpad X or LaunchPad Mini.

If you use iOS 13, run this Mozaic script before opening a project that contains ATOM in order to put your Launchpad X or Mini into the correct state. After that ATOM will work as expected with them.

@Description
Run this before you open a project with Atom or add any
Atom instances. Connect this to a LaunchPad X , Pro or Mini’s DAW-In port
Tap the pad that corresponds to your LaunchPad and the Session button will light up on the Launchpad and will now work with Atom.
@End
@OnLoad
LabelPad 0, {LPX} 
LabelPad 1, {LP MINI}
LabelPad 2, {LP Pro}
lpxMess=[0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0c, 0x10, 0x01]
lpMiniMess = [0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0D, 0x10, 0x01]
lpProMess= [0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0E, 0x10, 0x01]
@End

@OnPadDown
if (LastPad = 0) 
log {lpx}
SendSysex lpxMess, 7
elseif lastPad = 1
sendsysex lpMiniMess, 7
elseif lastPad=2
sendsysex lpProMess, 7
endif
@End

Comments

• edited March 2021

Thanks @espiegel123
    Maybe add the LaunchPadPro MK3 to your description - works the same. Tested here at my desk.
    Just to avoid asking for that specific model...over again :wink:

I was not sure to ask Victor if i should make a „Fix Patch“ publicly available as one needs to have Mozaic and i didn’t want to distract him any more. This is now solved with this little Patch. Thanks :blush:

The SysEX Data for the Pro is this

header = [0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0E]  //Novation Default header Info
      daw_mode = [0x10, 0x01]   //DAW Mode

which is the same as for the mini from your code - so the mentioning for the Pro should be enough.

** And one additional note for the peeps that are going to use this **
    You don’t need to load a session after activating DAW mode manually.
    You can start adding ATOM2 nodes right away in the same project.
    So after Victor possibly fixes this thing for good you just need to throw away your additional Mozaic node.

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Thanks @espiegel123
    Maybe add the LaunchPadPro MK3 to your description - works the same. Tested here at my desk.
    Just to avoid asking for that specific model...over again :wink:

I was not sure to ask Victor if i should make a „Fix Patch“ publicly available as one needs to have Mozaic and i didn’t want to distract him any more. This is now solved with this little Patch. Thanks :blush:

The SysEX Data for the Pro is this

header = [0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0E]  //Novation Default header Info
      daw_mode = [0x10, 0x01]   //DAW Mode

which is the same as for the mini from your code - so the mentioning for the Pro should be enough.

** And one additional note for the peeps that are going to use this **
    You don’t need to load a session after activating DAW mode manually.
    You can start adding ATOM2 nodes right away in the same project.
    So after Victor possibly fixes this thing for good you just need to throw away your additional Mozaic node.

Updated.

The reason I recommend running this before opening an ATOM Session is that if you disconnect your Launchpad and then run the script from a session that has Atom..the Launchpad/Atom interaction is a little goofy until you do a few things. But if you run the script before there are any atom instances things work perfectly right away.

• edited March 2021

There’s a typo in the message for the Mini, it should be 0x00, 0x20, 0x29, 0x02, 0x0d, 0x10, 0x01 (my fault for bad copy pasting when chatting with @espiegel123 )

• Ok. Maybe it‘s safer that way. Had nothing goofing up here so wasn‘t aware of this.

• So to recap:
    mini is 0x0d
    X is 0x0c
    pro is 0x0e

• @MrBlaschke said:
    Ok. Maybe it‘s safer that way. Had nothing goofing up here so wasn‘t aware of this.

Yeah. It took me a while to realize that running the script before running Atom was the way to go.

I updated the top post with the message mentioned by @blueveek

Do I need to update it with different mini and pro pads. I wonder if what he meant is that mini and pro use different codes.

• @blueveek said:
    So to recap:
    mini is 0x0d
    X is 0x0c
    pro is 0x0e

Will fix in just a sec.

• @espiegel123 said:

@MrBlaschke said:
    Ok. Maybe it‘s safer that way. Had nothing goofing up here so wasn‘t aware of this.

Yeah. It took me a while to realize that running the script before running Atom was the way to go.

I updated the top post with the message mentioned by @blueveek

Do I need to update it with different mini and pro pads. I wonder if what he meant is that mini and pro use different codes.

Yup, see above :)

• (the script is now correct)

• This worked great. Thanks!

• edited April 2021

Thank you for this, very useful for me. - - wish I’d seen it six days ago :)