Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

||OT|| Do you collect antiques / oddities ?

edited March 2021 in Other

If so, show them off here

My recent find

His name is Budumbu

Comments

• edited March 2021

• My wife says that she does - she’s 11 years younger than me...

• @michael_m said:
    My wife says that she does - she’s 11 years younger than me...

• Rimshot!

@michael_m said:
    My wife says that she does - she’s 11 years younger than me...

• Nothing as... vaguely terrifying as that!
    But I have a few assemblages of odd things... a tin robot toy with a duck head, a Freemason poster, mannequin legs with strange stuff on top, an old Macintosh shrine...

• Nothing as... vaguely terrifying as that!
    But I have a few assemblages of odd things... a tin robot toy with a duck head, a Freemason poster, mannequin legs with strange stuff on top, an old Macintosh shrine...

• edited March 2021

Nothing as... vaguely terrifying as that!

• Erm, that’s kinda vaguely terrifying as well! 😲

• I blame the wife for this one.

• @gusgranite said:
    Erm, that’s kinda vaguely terrifying as well! 😲

haha, possibly :) I just find it sort of ... cute... I agree that dolls heads with broken eyes are quite spooky ... but Ned Flanders sanctifies the whole assemblage-aroonie.

• @SimonSomeone said:

@gusgranite said:
    Erm, that’s kinda vaguely terrifying as well! 😲

haha, possibly :) I just find it sort of ... cute... I agree that dolls heads with broken eyes are quite spooky ... but Ned Flanders sanctifies the whole assemblage-aroonie.

I think the duck really threw me...

• I have a thing for old calculators, which I guess could be called antiques:

• No. Unless 12 guitars count. Guitars that were selected as good bargains with 2 exceptions.

I do have boxes of cables... I could make a wig from them. I do need a wig.

• @NoiseFloored said:
    I have a thing for old calculators, which I guess could be called antiques:
    [...]

Antiques?! I can still be seen today sitting at my iPad with Apple Pencil drawing a diagram with my HP 42S to run some computations. The only reason I'm not still using the 41CV is because it became difficult to get the strange little batteries that it takes. (That did happen a long time ago now that I think about it.) My wife still has her 15C too.

I am very intrigued by that Addometer though. It looks like it might have been found in a shipwreck in the Aegean Sea.

I used to have a bunch of old engineering and science textbooks because the illustrations were amazing. I had to give those away though when we moved overseas and I didn't want to haul all of the boxes of books around anymore.

• Not really, the odd old hard case (small things) but I do have some old hand tool. I like that sort of stuff. Like an old hand planer, a router etc from mid 1900 in original but decayed boxes. I like that sort of stuff but it's more macro hoarding than a collection.

• I could screen shot a couple hundred iOS music apps that are collecting dust?

• I collect and restore antique dolls as a hobby. Here are a few of many.

That one is called Bunty Onions.

And that's Tottie Plantagenet.

And that's Winifred, who I just finished working on last week. She hasn't told me her second name yet. I'm really pleased I managed to save her dress as it's a hundred years old.

I also do the cheap, mass-produced 1970s porcelain dolls, like Honour Snelgrove here.

She has an inbuilt Sankyo 3S music box and kicked off my obsession with those. I have a spreadsheet with all the different arrangements up to 1986 - over a thousand! I've made a Snelgrove family band, but also I'll happily trawl for any old tat with a music box in. The more bizarre kitsch, the better. The 3S also comes in these wind up rotating mouse ornaments, so I have a whole bunch of those.

Anyway, that's probably more weird shit than anyone wanted to see, but, yeah, I think I've got 'antiques and oddities' covered. There are about a hundred dolls alone.

• Not really but ever since I watched 2 seasons of a show about buying and selling oddities I had some interest in it. I think the show was called Oddities.

• I collect old iPads

• I collected things when I was young that I wish I still had. I was very into finding old hand blown bottles in my teens. We lived in an area of the east coast US where a lot of old home foundations from the 1700's could be found in the woods. Wherever there was an old homestead, nearby there would be a place they'd dump their trash. Everything rotted away over time but the things made of glass metal or ceramic.

I ended up selling all of it in our yard sale when we moved in the 70's. In retrospect I now know I had a lot of rare valuable bottles. All different colors of glass. All different shapes and sizes. All were hand made and older than 1850. I had a bunch of what they called patent medicine bottles. That is the one thing I ever collected that I wish I knew better and had kept.

Otherwise, now I collect iOS Music Apps.

• I collect pins on pinterest.

• @NeonSilicon said:

@NoiseFloored said:
    I have a thing for old calculators, which I guess could be called antiques:
    [...]

Antiques?! I can still be seen today sitting at my iPad with Apple Pencil drawing a diagram with my HP 42S to run some computations. The only reason I'm not still using the 41CV is because it became difficult to get the strange little batteries that it takes. (That did happen a long time ago now that I think about it.) My wife still has her 15C too.

Well, fully-functional antiques :P
    I agree that the 42S is still a pleasure to use, but I don't need a calculator as much these days so I moved it to the "museum" section in order to preserve it and just keep a cheap 35s close by. The 41CV batteries are $7 for a pack of four in Amazon US by the way, it looks like they're not as hard to get as they were a few years ago.

I am very intrigued by that Addometer though. It looks like it might have been found in a shipwreck in the Aegean Sea.

I am very intrigued too, this was a garage sale find but they didn't know a thing about it. It does work perfectly though.

I used to have a bunch of old engineering and science textbooks because the illustrations were amazing. I had to give those away though when we moved overseas and I didn't want to haul all of the boxes of books around anymore.

I was kind of in the same situation; I had to let go of a number of a few beautiful books when we moved to the US from South America.