Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Help me buy more apps on a tight budget

2»

Comments

• @IOSSOS said:
    AudioStretch

Downloaded the free version, will check it out after work.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Hursoom said:

Is there any realistic sounding guitar app that I can play with geoshred?

Nembrini has a free amp model.

I do have it, what I’m looking for is a realistic sounding guitar synth/samples to play using geoshred. The app’s guitar sounds are meh at best.

@Littlewoodg said:
    SunVox is not at all like the modular synths (Ripplemaker and Model 15) that you mentioned. A world unto itself, a toolkit...and AUv3. A must have. Read your comment this morning and checked this year’s sunvox competition winners. Will check a tutorial as soon as I can.

@rs2000 said:
    Your list looks quite complete @Hursoom.
    The only thing I'd be really missing is TB Equalizer. Not just an EQ but quite a powerful dynamic sound shaper. I was using apefilter for eq before I fixed my laptop and bought a sound card. I think I’m going to use the ipad mainly for composing and recording, and mix using reaper.

@McD , my situation is that I either buy now or wait indefinitely.@LinearLineman previously said it, this is more like a deserted island scenario purchase. Thanks for your pep talk and advices, will carry on with my future defining researches ;).

@Samu said:
    BeBot (No, I'm not kidding).

Sure it's IAA/AB but it still works fine and is a blast to play!

Oh I have BeBot, doesn’t everyone ?

• A sad example how devastating the sanctions can be for normal people. In which country are you living? Well, keep it disclosed if its better for you. I guess it might be Iran.

Anyway, good proposals. Here my recommendations for extending your setup to new workflows

Exploring an Ableton Live style session based sequencing.

Grab Atom 2, LK, 4Pockets MultiTrack and a second hand Novation Launchpad (LK can use also the older LP mini mk2, Atom has support for the modern mk3 versions but you could script an Atom 2 support for the mk2 yourself).

Improve your mixing

For mixing on the iPad the Tone Boosters plugins are a good alternative to the Fab Filter plugins. But you said that you are using them on your laptop. For a good integration of your laptop with the iPad consider Studiomux as this would allow you to have separate audio streams for each iPad synth to your laptop. The current version seems to be broken on iPadOS 14+ but they are working on an update, it’s already in beta.

Creative sequencers

You said, you work with Xequence 2 which is a great sequencer but it’s so much fun to use AUM or apeMatrix with a set of small sequencers. I love Cykle, Polyphase, PolyStepArp and of course the Rozeta suite.

• @krassmann said:
    A sad example how devastating the sanctions can be for normal people. In which country are you living? Well, keep it disclosed if its better for you. I guess it might be Iran.

Anyway, good proposals. Here my recommendations for extending your setup to new workflows

Grab Atom 2, LK, 4Pockets MultiTrack and a second hand Novation Launchpad (LK can use also the older LP mini mk2, Atom has support for the modern mk3 versions but you could script an Atom 2 support for the mk2 yourself).

Improve your mixing

For mixing on the iPad the Tone Boosters plugins are a good alternative to the Fab Filter plugins. But you said that you are using them on your laptop. For a good integration of your laptop with the iPad consider Studiomux as this would allow you to have separate audio streams for each iPad synth to your laptop. The current version seems to be broken on iPadOS 14+ but they are working on an update, it’s already in beta.

Creative sequencers

You said, you work with Xequence 2 which is a great sequencer but it’s so much fun to use AUM or apeMatrix with a set of small sequencers. I love Cykle, Polyphase, PolyStepArp and of course the Rozeta suite.

Hello! It’s completely fine, I’m from Lebanon. The situation here have changed dramatically in the past couple of years for the whole population. This has so little to do with sanctions and more to do with mismanagement and corruption. More than a year ago the economy collapsed, then we had covid, the country defaulting on it’s payments,the Beirut explosion, and a political gridlock preventing the formation of a government to manage the crisis. The $ was worth 1500 lbp with the average salary around 900$ now it’s worth 14000 and the average salary is around 100$. And the country imports most of it’s needs.
    LK can only do 4/4, that’s a deal breaker for me. Atom 2 requires Ios 13. Maybe atom 1? Or Maybe I can get the bundle and use atom 2 on my iphone and 1 on the ipad.

In a perfect scenario I’d love to do all my mixing on an Ipad, I already spend 9 hours at work in front of a computer soI prefer the ease of use of the ipad and the creativity it inspires in me over a desktop.

You’re completely right about running sequencers in Auv inside AUM, it’s much more immediate and this is mainly what suites my workflow. I use xequence more as a midi recorder for later editing. I usually run a few synths, patterning and ifretless inside an aum session and play them using kb-1 and roseta. Drambo is always there i need to midi record a certain melody or riff. Tonality is awesome for such a workflow; recording a chord progression or a melody in aum. Before trying it out I was considering chordpolypad. I love arps but I find them to be a bit limiting, and the random steps are unpredictable. My main concern with getting a sequencer/arpegiator is that I don’t want to buy a new one and then realise that Drambo or fugue machine can already do what it does.

• edited March 2021

@Hursoom said:

@krassmann said:
    A sad example how devastating the sanctions can be for normal people. In which country are you living? Well, keep it disclosed if its better for you. I guess it might be Iran.

Improve your mixing

Creative sequencers

Hello! It’s completely fine, I’m from Lebanon. The situation here have changed dramatically in the past couple of years for the whole population. This has so little to do with sanctions and more to do with mismanagement and corruption. More than a year ago the economy collapsed, then we had covid, the country defaulting on it’s payments,the Beirut explosion, and a political gridlock preventing the formation of a government to manage the crisis. The $ was worth 1500 lbp with the average salary around 900$ now it’s worth 14000 and the average salary is around 100$. And the country imports most of it’s needs.

Thanks for being open. OMG, that’s almost 1000% inflation. Your country has been in a crises as far as I can remember and I’m 53. It makes me very sad that one of the most liberal countries, if not the most liberal country, in the Arab world has to suffer so much. I hope very much for a brighter future.

LK can only do 4/4, that’s a deal breaker for me. Atom 2 requires Ios 13. Maybe atom 1? Or Maybe I can get the bundle and use atom 2 on my iphone and 1 on the ipad.

True, but it’s a highly requested feature to change that and Imaginando is listening very closely to the community and improving LK constantly. I would bet that you will see this feature in the not too distant future.

In a perfect scenario I’d love to do all my mixing on an Ipad, I already spend 9 hours at work in front of a computer soI prefer the ease of use of the ipad and the creativity it inspires in me over a desktop.

It is also one of the main reasons for me to do music on my iPad. So then I would definitely recommend the Tone Boosters plug-ins. They are the best alternative to Fab Filters if you’re on a budget. The EQ is almost a clone.

You’re completely right about running sequencers in Auv inside AUM, it’s much more immediate and this is mainly what suites my workflow. I use xequence more as a midi recorder for later editing. I usually run a few synths, patterning and ifretless inside an aum session and play them using kb-1 and roseta. Drambo is always there i need to midi record a certain melody or riff. Tonality is awesome for such a workflow; recording a chord progression or a melody in aum. Before trying it out I was considering chordpolypad. I love arps but I find them to be a bit limiting, and the random steps are unpredictable. My main concern with getting a sequencer/arpegiator is that I don’t want to buy a new one and then realise that Drambo or fugue machine can already do what it does.

StepPolyArp is not just an arpeggiator. Watch Gavinski’s tutorial about it. He did some more tutorials about a lot of other creative sequencers. Polyphase, and the Art Kerns plugins for instance. If you’re more into rhythmical music than ambient, I would recommend to take a look at StepPolyArp, Riffer and Cykle.

Now I remember that you said you’re using an iPad Air 1 so I guess CPU resources is an issue for you. There are some interesting threads here in the forum about synths with low CPU consumption. I definitely can confirm that for the synths of IceWorks, Bram Bos, Poison 202, iSem. Definitely get the iSem, it’s such a great sounding synth and you can use many instances of it.

• @Hursoom said:

@IOSSOS said:
    AudioStretch

Downloaded the free version, will check it out after work.

@Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Hursoom said:

Is there any realistic sounding guitar app that I can play with geoshred?

Nembrini has a free amp model.

I do have it, what I’m looking for is a realistic sounding guitar synth/samples to play using geoshred. The app’s guitar sounds are meh at best.

Roli Noise us free and has a good electric patch.

• Sales. Buy a few to tide you over, it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of most apps any way, so do that but in the meantime make a list of apps you want, as I see you’ve already done. Then sign up for an account on appsliced.com and set a reminder for any time one of the apps you want drops in price. You can also check the apps sale history on appsliced to see when it has dropped in price in the past and kind of gauge when it might do so in the future. This way you can maximize your apps for value. Best sales are Black Friday to Cyber Monday, even BF to New Years Day, but there are tons of other holidays and parts of the year or certain developers drop some of their apps in price.

There’s also a new thread where people are literally giving away apps called, Claim a Free/Make A Pledge, where you can claim a free app. It’s going right now and it’s real, lol. I claimed and pledged, someone already claimed mine, but there are several left. You can thank @tk32 for that great idea.

Join the public beta’s of some apps just use this forum search bar, there’s a few on page 1 & 2 at the moment.

Subscribe and follow @Gavinski @SoundForMore and a few others on YouTube who regularly give away app codes for their app review videos. Just read the instructions under the video to make sure you comply with the rules but they are typically very basic, like, subscribe, comment, so easy enough. No guarantee you win but if you do it enough eventually you will get one.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Sales. Buy a few to tide you over, it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of most apps any way, so do that but in the meantime make a list of apps you want, as I see you’ve already done. Then sign up for an account on appsliced.com and set a reminder for any time one of the apps you want drops in price. You can also check the apps sale history on appsliced to see when it has dropped in price in the past and kind of gauge when it might do so in the future. This way you can maximize your apps for value. Best sales are Black Friday to Cyber Monday, even BF to New Years Day, but there are tons of other holidays and parts of the year or certain developers drop some of their apps in price.

There’s also a new thread where people are literally giving away apps called, Claim a Free/Make A Pledge, where you can claim a free app. It’s going right now and it’s real, lol. I claimed and pledged, someone already claimed mine, but there are several left. You can thank @tk32 for that great idea.

Join the public beta’s of some apps just use this forum search bar, there’s a few on page 1 & 2 at the moment.

Subscribe and follow @Gavinski @SoundForMore and a few others on YouTube who regularly give away app codes for their app review videos. Just read the instructions under the video to make sure you comply with the rules but they are typically very basic, like, subscribe, comment, so easy enough. No guarantee you win but if you do it enough eventually you will get one.

You might even get two eventually like @Poppadocrock has. I think there have been one or two ppl who have won 3 times

• @Poppadocrock hoping for a spring/easter sale in the coming days.
    @Gavinski I believe it is region specific, no?

• @Hursoom said:
    @Poppadocrock hoping for a spring/easter sale in the coming days.

No, the codes I give people are usable in any app store, there is no region limit for codes issued by developers

• @Gavinski I’m not sure if gifting an app is the same as getting a code directly from the developer. There’s no harm in trying, I’ll head over to the other post and check if someone is willing to try. Thanks!!

• The gifting of bought apps is region specific

The gifting of dev generated apps is not

• @Gavinski said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Sales. Buy a few to tide you over, it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of most apps any way, so do that but in the meantime make a list of apps you want, as I see you’ve already done. Then sign up for an account on appsliced.com and set a reminder for any time one of the apps you want drops in price. You can also check the apps sale history on appsliced to see when it has dropped in price in the past and kind of gauge when it might do so in the future. This way you can maximize your apps for value. Best sales are Black Friday to Cyber Monday, even BF to New Years Day, but there are tons of other holidays and parts of the year or certain developers drop some of their apps in price.

You might even get two eventually like @Poppadocrock has. I think there have been one or two ppl who have won 3 times

Yea I started following @Gavinski and @SoundForMore since very beginning when not as many people entered the contests, and yes I’ve won 2 from Gav and 2 from SFM since they both started giving away codes. So I’ve been lucky on that front.

• edited March 2021

@Hursoom said:
    @Poppadocrock hoping for a spring/easter sale in the coming days.

There will be some sure, All Virsyn apps are on sale for Spring/Easter Right now, but it’s hard to know what apps, and what developers might do a sale. Check the apps pricing history on appsliced to see if it went on sale around this time in the past.

• Also follow developers on social media, they sometimes announce them on their before they happen.

• edited March 2021

Oh yea there is also a huge list of free and very useful apps out there, like the stuff by @NeonSilicon @Blamsoft @NembriniAudio plus many more

check this google spread sheet to find all the apps that cost $0.00

Some very nice person created and maintains this list, but I forget who...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vydiVIIZR48AFiRcfANzmRnec-eZ-6yiE5C21ztkU6A/htmlview#

• Thank you everyone! The limit went down to 20$ instead of 50 and I ended up getting steppolyarp unit and scatterbrain😎. I Have to figure out what to chose between LK matrix and Atom 1 for next month . Cheers! you’ve been a great help.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Hursoom said:
    Thank you everyone! The limit went down to 20$ instead of 50 and I ended up getting steppolyarp unit and scatterbrain😎. I Have to figure out what to chose between LK matrix and Atom 1 for next month . Cheers! you’ve been a great help.

What’s your home country that the banks and all are clamping down (if you don’t mind me asking)?
    Anything listed here?
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/44368/claim-a-free-app-make-a-pledge-13-available-56-claimed#latest

• Yes, as @AlmostAnonymous was saying above...

if you live in any of the countries listed below, you can send a message to that user to claim one of the apps listed....

USA

• BitWiz - 3 licenses 2 licenses - pledged by @Paulinko (1 claimed)

Canada

UK

• WoOTt (UK) - 5 licenses 3 licenses - pledged by @winconway (2 claimed)

Ireland

Austria

• Koala Sampler - (Austria) - pledged by @FloRi89 (1 claimed so far)
    • RadioUnit - (Austria) - pledged by @Thacapos (1 claimed so far)

Poland

• SunrizerXS Synth (iPhone version) - (Poland) - pledged by @dakti
    • Modizer - (Poland) - pledged by @dakti

Other countries

• Bebot - Robot Synth - (Germany) - pledged by @Zaubrer
    • Branches - (Colombia) - pledged by @dvi
    • BeepStreet Zeeon - (Vietnam) - pledged by @aleyas
  • @Hursoom said:
    Thank you everyone! The limit went down to 20$ instead of 50 and I ended up getting steppolyarp unit and scatterbrain😎. I Have to figure out what to chose between LK matrix and Atom 1 for next month . Cheers! you’ve been a great help.

Great! U will get a lot of value and fun from StepPolyArp. Also Gauss, for me, is one of the most versatile and fun things yoty could ever buy on iOS. It will multiply the pleasure u get from all your other apps

• Re-1 tape machine for delays and vibes.
    iDensity is a lot of fun.
    IVCS3, which you mention. It’s a beast. I really recommend it, specially if you teach me how to get a tuned note out of it 😬