Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Stereo or 2 channel input question

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

This may have been covered somewhere, but I haven't found it yet. I want to be able to get two discrete signals into my iPad. Basically I want to use the pickup on my acoustic and mic it at the same time. These run into my mixer where I can pan the two signals hard left and right and them send that "stereo" signal into...'unknown interface with stereo or two channel' in to lightning connector.

Is this possible?...yet? (I currently use the Apogee Jam to run single inputs in and love the sound!)

Thanks!

Comments

• edited April 2014

Yes it's possible, do you want to end up with 1 stereo track or two separate mono tracks?

See this video link lynda.com I'd recommend buying their tutorials any day, especially the Auria one.

• Thanks for responding so quickly!

Looking for two seperate mono tracks in Auria. So I can balance the direct and mic'd signals from the acoustic later in the mixing process. This is a commomn recording process (I sed to be a recording engineer_, but I haven't find an interface that will aloow me to do this. Do you know what interface I should be look at?

• There are lots of them (Focusrite here). Go to Sweetwater or Musciansfriend and look around, check Auria's website for confirmed working models.

• Presonus 22 vsl can do two separate, and the 44vsl can do 4 separate tracks.

• Pretty much all of the interfaces can be used as two mono or one stereo. At the DAWs at least. Apart from Master Fx though not too many effects can. For the inputs you mention (instrument and mic), the minimum Focusrite would be the Solo, but anything higher that grabs your fancy will do that and more. Budget is the decider.

• If you want to go cheap there's behringer uca 202. You will probably need a small mixer (soundlab g105aa) with mic preamps to drive it with a decent signal. This is a battery powered option. If you not too worried about being away from a power socket then there's plenty of options out there some have been listed above or just search this forum as this topic comes up all the time. Once you've connected an interface with two distinct inputs audiobus/Auria will let you choose your input source.

• Thanks everyone for the feedback! I ended up getting the Behringer Xenyx Q802USB. I have been using one of Beringer's non-USB mixers and have been pretty happy with the tonality, so I'm hoping this will be as good...