Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Claim a free app / Make a pledge (see spreadsheet for latest)

Comments

• @Paulinko I did already claim something so maybe let’s wait a a couple days to see if anyone else is interested before I claim something else.

• Someone in the US who doesn’t have SynthScaper LE please stand up, please stand up, please stand up. You don’t even have to be the real slim shady either. Lol. All are welcome.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    Someone in the US who doesn’t have SynthScaper LE please stand up, please stand up, please stand up. You don’t even have to be the real slim shady either. Lol. All are welcome.

Haha i would be awesome if the real slim shady did stand up tho

• edited March 2021

Edit. I dont like to tell lies.

• @telecharge said:

@Paulinko said:

@telecharge said:
    @tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Good on ya @tk32 for keeping the list updated, I can’t believe all of these aren’t flying off the shelf quicker.

I have 4 theories...

1. We are all hopeless app-a-holics and have all bought most of the apps being offered already
    2. The country restrictions are making it a bit slower to find recipients for some pledges
    3. Some people are still a little shy about asking for a gift app (they shouldn’t be).
    4. Users may have not yet realised that this thread is offering free apps with no strings attached.

let’s see what happens on the next few days.

It just feels weird asking for a gift. It might be a cultural thing, but I only do it when close friends or family ask me what I want for a special occasion.

That said, if anyone in the US had made a pledge that will go to waste, I will accept it with gratitude and pay it forward. I have lots of apps, but nothing on the list except Sunrizer and Impaktor from BeepStreet.

Kudos and respect to the OP and pledgers for this kind initiative.

If you want BitWiz, DM me. I can also supply you with a collection of codes to use in BitWiz and how you can use the app.

Thank you for the offer, but from what I'm seeing and hearing, it seems like one of those apps I might open on those rare occasions when I'm itching for a technical challenge or experimenting with something I'm not familiar with.

@gusgranite said:

BitWiz is killer.

Do you happen to know of any good demos? I checked out the videos and SoundCloud on the Kymatica product page and didn't find anything very musical. (No offense to the brilliant Jonatan Liljedahl.) The most interesting application was using it as an effect in the Audiobus filter slot.

No, I wouldn’t call BitWiz musical. But as a bit crushing/vocoder-ish/early gaming FX full of surprises I really like it. Cool visuals too.

• @reasOne said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Someone in the US who doesn’t have SynthScaper LE please stand up, please stand up, please stand up. You don’t even have to be the real slim shady either. Lol. All are welcome.

Haha i would be awesome if the real slim shady did stand up tho

That it would. Lol.

• @telecharge said:

@Paulinko said:
    If you want BitWiz, DM me. I can also supply you with a collection of codes to use in BitWiz and how you can use the app.

Thank you for the offer, but from what I'm seeing and hearing, it seems like one of those apps I might open on those rare occasions when I'm itching for a technical challenge or experimenting with something I'm not familiar with.

@gusgranite said:

BitWiz is killer.

Do you happen to know of any good demos? I checked out the videos and SoundCloud on the Kymatica product page and didn't find anything very musical. (No offense to the brilliant Jonatan Liljedahl.) The most interesting application was using it as an effect in the Audiobus filter slot.

Sorry for continuing this slightly off-topic thread (and for raising a technical challenge):
    I have just been looking at Caustic (which, despite its age now, is still a brilliant app) and came across its 8BitSynth there. This synth has a very similar (identical?) foundation to the BitWiz, except that:

• only t is permitted (no other settings, such as CCs, x/y coords, channels, or variables may be included)
    • and t is apparently a strict 8-bit value, unlike the t in BitWiz which is 32 bit (though only the lowest 8 bit determine the sound).
    • the t-expressions are used in defining presets for the synth in 8BitSynth. - I.e. the expression is evaluated at the various chromatic note pitches.
    • the 8BitSynth presets also allow for full tuning (octaves/semis/cents) on the 'pitch' and you can mix audio output between two expressions. The resulting sounds are Chip-Tune'ey.

My question: is it possible to make BitWiz play chromatically, like the 8BitSynth does?
    It receives CC values, so these could fill in as the note to be played.
    Apparently the path to 'pitch' the synth is to set r, which locks in the samplerate as: 44100Hz / r. The default is r=6, i.e. 7350 Hz.

• @NoiseFloored @tk32 If still possible, I'd like to ask for a code for Rozeta Sequencer. Drambo would have been my first choice but it seems to me too pricey for a gift!

• @enkaytee said:

@enkaytee said:
    OK - I pledge 2 copies of Velvet Machine by Yuri Torov from the UK app store...

@tk32 Both now gone...

Thanks for your generosity. I'll mark both pledges in my list of completed gifts.

• Latest update...

CURRENT AVAILABLE PLEDGES

US Appstore
    * Any Beepstreet, BramBos or FAC app - 1 license (US) - pledged by @NoiseFloored
    * SynthScaper LE - 1 license (US) - pledged by @Poppadocrock
    * BitWiz - 3 licenses (US) - pledged by @Paulinko
    * Drum Computer or FRMS - 1 license (US) - pledged by @iOSTRAKON
    * Piano Motifs - 1 license (US) - pledged by @spiteface
    * Koala Sampler - 3 licenses 1 license (US) - pledged by @Fingolfinzz (2 claimed so far)
    * Any Jim Pavlov app (Pure Acid, Poison-202, GR-16) - 1 license (US) - pledged by @Prog1967

UK Appstore
    * Moodunits - 1 licenses (UK) - pledged by @tk32
    * Radio Unit OR Der Voco - 5 licenses 3 licenses (UK) - pledged by @0tolerance4silence (2 claimed so far)
    * WoOTt - 5 licenses (UK) - pledged by @winconway
    * Koala sampler - 1 license (UK) - pledged by @PeteSasqwax

Other
    * Branches - 1 license (Colombia) - pledged by @dvi
    * Koala Sampler - 2 licenses (Austria) - pledged by @FloRi89
    * BeepStreet Zeeon - 1 license (Vietnam) - pledged by @aleyas

• edited March 2021

FYI - I have a feeling Drum Computer won't be possible as a gift app, because the base app is free with an IAP to unlock the full version.

• @gusgranite said:

@telecharge said:

@Paulinko said:

@telecharge said:
    @tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Good on ya @tk32 for keeping the list updated, I can’t believe all of these aren’t flying off the shelf quicker.

I have 4 theories...

1. We are all hopeless app-a-holics and have all bought most of the apps being offered already
    2. The country restrictions are making it a bit slower to find recipients for some pledges
    3. Some people are still a little shy about asking for a gift app (they shouldn’t be).
    4. Users may have not yet realised that this thread is offering free apps with no strings attached.

let’s see what happens on the next few days.

It just feels weird asking for a gift. It might be a cultural thing, but I only do it when close friends or family ask me what I want for a special occasion.

That said, if anyone in the US had made a pledge that will go to waste, I will accept it with gratitude and pay it forward. I have lots of apps, but nothing on the list except Sunrizer and Impaktor from BeepStreet.

Kudos and respect to the OP and pledgers for this kind initiative.

@gusgranite said:

BitWiz is killer.

No, I wouldn’t call BitWiz musical. But as a bit crushing/vocoder-ish/early gaming FX full of surprises I really like it. Cool visuals too.

I didn’t know BitWiz could be used as an effect. Thanks.

• edited March 2021

I changed it to 2 copies of MONONOKE

I reached out to @spiteface since he claimed Drum Computer

And I’ll contact the 2nd user that wanted DC

@tk32 said:
    FYI - I have a feeling Drum Computer won't be possible as a gift app, because the base app is free with an IAP to unlock the full version.

• @Poppadocrock said:

I want it!!

• I’d like to claim the GR-16 pledge if still available @Prog1967 (I’m in the US)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @tk32 Very nice idea! Thank you for that!

I'd love to pledge 2 (two) of Cem Olcay's "Bud"- Apps! Choose any (Scale, Step, Rhythm, Chord, Arp)
    I've got them all, love them, use them less often than I should
    and i think this dev deserves to be supported!

But ... I'm in Germany!

• @PartOfPayn said:
    @tk32 Very nice idea! Thank you for that!

I'd love to pledge 2 (two) of Cem Olcay's "Bud"- Apps! Choose any (Scale, Step, Rhythm, Chord, Arp)
    I've got them all, love them, use them less often than I should
    and i think this dev deserves to be supported!

But ... I'm in Germany!

Thank you <3 . I am adding this to the pledge list now...

• Germany here... I have ChordBud, would love to try out Rhythm. Gruß aus Frankfurt

• @Peanutcram said:
    Germany here... I have ChordBud, would love to try out Rhythm. Gruß aus Frankfurt

Excellent - but you probably need to tag @PartOfPayn (or send a DM)

• edited March 2021

@NoiseFloored I’d be interested in Alteza if your pledge hasn’t been claimed yet

Also one more pledge left for koala in the US, fellow comrades

• @tk32 Koala is claimed, mate. Is it the practice to say who claimed it or just to say that it is no longer available?

• So much <3 in this room.

It feels great to know that we are building community, helping users, and helping devs too.

Thanks again to all the pledgemakers... and all the users who have claimed apps so far.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    @tk32 Koala is claimed, mate. Is it the practice to say who claimed it or just to say that it is no longer available?

Thanks Pete. I'll list the app as claimed in the OP.

I think it's up to the person who claimed the app whether they make themselves known publicly or not.

It's lovely if they post a public "thank you" reply here - but we're also totally cool if they want to remain anonymous.

• @tk32 indeed! In general such a lovely community!☺️

From Germany too👋 @PartOfPayn @Peanutcram .Just wanted to say hi, im currently in no need for a new app🙂

• edited March 2021

Edited, realized I’m ineligible.

• @cvwonder said:
    I’d live to try out FAC bandit if still available!

Hey @cvwonder - you need to mention or DM the person pledging a FAC app.

If you're in the US this is @NoiseFloored

Note - I notice you haven't been on the forums for 3 months yet (joined mid Jan 2021) so it will be up to @NoiseFloored how strictly he follows this rule.

• We should follow the rule! I didn’t realize how new I actually am. Seems like I’ve been here for a long time. Carry on, this is such a fun thread.

• @tk32 I'm waiting for a claim confirmation, for now my pledge is for any FAC, BeepStreet or Bram Bos app that is $10 or less

• I'd like to offer one copy of Loopy HD or SampleBot from the US store in honor of our friend and host Michael.