Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Claim a free app / Make a pledge (see spreadsheet for latest)

Comments

• @tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Good on ya @tk32 for keeping the list updated, I can’t believe all of these aren’t flying off the shelf quicker.

I have 4 theories...

1. We are all hopeless app-a-holics and have all bought most of the apps being offered already
    2. The country restrictions are making it a bit slower to find recipients for some pledges
    3. Some people are still a little shy about asking for a gift app (they shouldn’t be).
    4. Users may have not yet realised that this thread is offering free apps with no strings attached.

let’s see what happens on the next few days.

I am in category 3 and would happily have the apps offered but feel too bad as there may be someone else who needs them more. It’s the most wonderful idea and I hope they help folk to make music.

• edited March 2021

Unclaimed apps achieve no good for our precious devs.

If anyone is shy or sitting on the fence, just get in there and make a claim. You can do it privately by DM’ing the pledgemaker if you prefer.

FYI - I have plenty of apps, but I still (gratefully) accepted a copy of MoodUnits from @MisplacedDevelopment earlier today. just sayin’

• @rud said:

@tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    Good on ya @tk32 for keeping the list updated, I can’t believe all of these aren’t flying off the shelf quicker.

I have 4 theories...

1. We are all hopeless app-a-holics and have all bought most of the apps being offered already
    2. The country restrictions are making it a bit slower to find recipients for some pledges
    3. Some people are still a little shy about asking for a gift app (they shouldn’t be).
    4. Users may have not yet realised that this thread is offering free apps with no strings attached.

I am in category 3 and would happily have the apps offered but feel too bad as there may be someone else who needs them more. It’s the most wonderful idea and I hope they help folk to make music.

You (or anyone else) really shouldn’t feel bad about any of this... :)
    This is as much about devs as about the user. If you don’t have it and think you can find use for it then go for it :)

• Not sure if it's been claimed already, but I wouldn't mind that copy of Drum Computer (US)

• @tk32 said:

CURRENT AVAILABLE PLEDGES

• Any one of the BeepStreet, BramBos or FAC apps - 1 license (US) - pledged by @NoiseFloored
    • Atom Piano Roll 2

• 3 licenses 1 license (UK) - pledged by @tk32 (2 claimed so far)
      • 3 licenses 1 license (US) - pledged by @onerez (2 claimed so far)
    • Moodunits - 2 licenses (UK) - pledged by @MisplacedDevelopment / @tk32 (1 each)

• Radio Unit OR Der Voco - 5 licenses (UK) - pledged by @0tolerance4silence
    • WoOTt - 5 licenses (UK) - pledged by @winconway
    • Branches - 1 license (Colombia) - pledged by @dvi
    • ApeSoft Electric Vintage - 1 license (UK) - pledged by @d4d0ug
    • SynthScaper LE - 1 license (US) - pledged by @Poppadocrock
    • Koala Sampler - 2 licenses (Austria) - pledged by @FloRi89
    • BitWiz - 3 licenses (US) - pledged by @Paulinko

Yes, Piano Motifs in USA.

• edited March 2021

If you live in the US and don’t have SynthScaper LE please speak up? Alsoplease be a member for at least a little while. @tk32 said three months, I guess that’s still the rule, but if @tk32 will allow it, since this is his awesome game we are all playing, I’ll do mine within 1 month. What do you think? @tk32 This would only be in relation to my pledge.

• @NimboStratus said:
    What an amazing community :-)

Ain't it tho.

I realised that - aside from the music and a chronic app addiction - the central psychological reason I come here is to detox from the nightly news ... just to watch people co-operating, helping and building something... it warms the heart.

I wonder if Apple could catch this infectious altruism ... If they would come at discounts for bulk app gifts for example ... say knock off some of that 30% commission if you buy 5 units as gifts ... heresy I know... not part of the business model. It's the principle of the thing. But it's actually a very sensible commercial strategy all round.

Managers in the music or literature trade will typically take 25% .. and for that they will actually work for you - promote you, organise tours, events, contracts and more... run your life if necessary. But here with Apple 30% is just the price of admission... you're on your own.

• Yeah - ultimately it’s up to the individual pledgemaker’s discretion whether they let the apps go to users who haven’t been here 3 months yet.

I picked 3 months as it seemed like a good threshold, and I wanted to avoid a situation where people were signing up to this forum only to grab a freebie (hit ‘n run)

• @rud said:

@tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I have 4 theories...

That’s very thoughtful of you, but feel free to claim mine if you are in the US, if you don’t have the app SynthScaper LE. Heck you seem like a nice, & thoughtful person I hope you claim it based on that. Let me know. Cheers.

PS. I won’t need any info, I will just send you the code on this forum via DM.

• Cheers @Poppadocrock, I’m in England and have Synthscaper LE and just gladly lost an hour in Fieldscaper (just purchased tonight). I’ve been fortunate enough to win a couple of apps from our lovely YouTube guys and so I’ve done ok.
    That said, I admit to appaholism and spend too much time scouring the sales thread but it’s a wonderful time to be alive for us iPad music folk.
    Keep up the good work, your posts are appreciated 👍

• edited March 2021

I pledge: (1) Mela 2 Synth & FX US. @tk32

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Love this idea! I don't really have anything I can accept, alas (bloody appaholics anon., obvs) although I've never seen Branches before and whilst I can't accent a gift from Colombian iTunes, I will buy it as it looks most intriguing.

Also, it wouldn't be right if I didn't pledge Koala so put me down as offering that (in the UK)

• By the way, if anyone outside the US wants to claim mine, I can do a PayPal transfer too.

• edited March 2021

Latest update...

CURRENT AVAILABLE PLEDGES

US Appstore
    * Any Beepstreet, BramBos or FAC app - 1 license (US) - pledged by @NoiseFloored
    * SynthScaper LE - 1 license (US) - pledged by @Poppadocrock
    * BitWiz - 3 licenses (US) - pledged by @Paulinko
    * Drum Computer or FRMS - 1 license (US) - pledged by @iOSTRAKON
    * Piano Motifs - 1 license (US) - pledged by @spiteface
    * Mela 2 Synth & FX - 1 license (US) - pledged by @gothamoddisee

UK Appstore
    * Atom Piano Roll 2 - 3 licenses 1 license (UK) - pledged by @tk32 (2 claimed so far)
    * Moodunits - 2 licenses (UK) - pledged by @MisplacedDevelopment / @tk32 (1 each)
    * Radio Unit OR Der Voco - 5 licenses 4 licenses (UK) - pledged by @0tolerance4silence
    * WoOTt - 5 licenses (UK) - pledged by @winconway
    * Koala sampler - 1 license (UK) - pledged by @PeteSasqwax

Other
    * Branches - 1 license (Colombia) - pledged by @dvi
    * Koala Sampler - 2 licenses (Austria) - pledged by @FloRi89

—-
    (see page 1/OP for details of how to claim/pledge)

• edited March 2021

I’d like to claim the US Drum Computer, if available. @iOSTRAKON

• @dvi Just grabbed Branches and it's absolutely fantastic. More people need to know about this incredible app! It's like a Swedish cousin for Bram's Ripplemaker.

• Thanks to @onerez for a Atom 2 code and thanks for this thread!

• edited March 2021

@tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I have 4 theories...

It just feels weird asking for a gift. It might be a cultural thing, but I only do it when close friends or family ask me what I want for a special occasion.

That said, if anyone in the US had made a pledge that will go to waste, I will accept it with gratitude and pay it forward. I have lots of apps, but nothing on the list except Sunrizer and Impaktor from BeepStreet.

Kudos and respect to the OP and pledgers for this kind initiative.

• Initially, I felt the same way too. To alleviate that tension and keep the good vibes flowing, I made a pledge. Not something we can all do, but generosity needs folks on both sides of the equation to work. Don’t feel shy about receiving or giving when the gift is made in goodwill.

@telecharge said:
    It just feels weird asking for a gift. It might be a cultural thing, but I only do it when close friends or family ask me what I want for a special occasion.

• @PeteSasqwax said:
    @dvi Just grabbed Branches and it's absolutely fantastic. More people need to know about this incredible app! It's like a Swedish cousin for Bram's Ripplemaker.

I use to pre-plan patches for the Volca Modular. It’s great.

• I would like to claim the Mela 2 please.

• edited March 2021

If Mela 2 is still available, I’d be happy to claim it.

I will also pledge Koala 3x for the US store

• How do you buy (gift) an app you already bought? The “gift app” option isn’t available for me

• edited March 2021

Man, unlikely there are gonna be any pledgers in my zone lol.

Anyway, I’d like to pledge Zeeon by Beepstreet if there is anyone using the Vietnam AppStore.
    https://apps.apple.com/vn/app/zeeon-synth/id1230960440

• edited March 2021

@telecharge said:
    @tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I have 4 theories...

That said, if anyone in the US had made a pledge that will go to waste, I will accept it with gratitude and pay it forward. I have lots of apps, but nothing on the list except Sunrizer and Impaktor from BeepStreet.

If you want BitWiz, DM me. I can also supply you with a collection of codes to use in BitWiz and how you can use the app.

• @Paulinko said:

@telecharge said:
    @tk32 said:

@Poppadocrock said:

I have 4 theories...

If you want BitWiz, DM me. I can also supply you with a collection of codes to use in BitWiz and how you can use the app.

BitWiz is killer.

• Gift App appears in the share sheet when within the apps AppStore entry.

@iOSTRAKON said:
    How do you buy (gift) an app you already bought? The “gift app” option isn’t available for me

• @tk32 My Mela 2 pledge has been claimed!
    @JeffChasteen check your inbox 😁