Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Claim a free app / Make a pledge (see spreadsheet for latest)

Comments

• App giveaways by devs make me feel depressed about the community. :(

App giveaways by users, on the other hand, make me feel ecstatic. <3

Every bunch of codes a Dev offers a YouTuber is lost revenue, and I'm not yet convinced this strategy gives much ROI at all. Hope to be proven wrong here.

• @tk32 said:

Every bunch of codes a Dev offers a YouTuber is lost revenue, and I'm not yet convinced this strategy gives much ROI at all. Hope to be proven wrong here.

Most of them would likely not even bother making the videos if they didn't get 'free apps'. That's the sad reality.
    Look at all the 'paid reviews' of stuff on Youtube it makes me vomit (Unison Chordpack Anyone?)...

Personally I'd love to gift apps to users but it's a no-can-do when using gift-cards as store credit.
    (I removed my credit card info from AppStore to avoid falling back into app-o-holism a few years back).

On the positive side, in some cases the promo codes can help spread the word about the apps...
    ...If and when I get a promo-codes from developers I'll always do my best to assist AB Forum Members when they bump into issues with the apps in question but at the same time I will not 'sugar-coat' anything if it's not worthy.

Sorry for OT post but I think it's somewhat on topic ;)

Cheers!

• edited April 2021

@tk32 said:
    App giveaways by devs make me feel depressed about the community. :(

App giveaways by users, on the other hand, make me feel ecstatic. <3

IMNSHO you are misguided and have insufficient insight into this process. Not all YouTubers are created equal and developers have a limited number of free promo codes they have to give away. Presumably the developers can correlate their sales with the various YouTubers and optimize their distribution in a way that’s most effective in terms of increasing their app sales. Furthermore, they can view the videos posted by YouTubers to evaluate if their app is given a fair shake or not.

Many developers participate in the live stream release or premieres of YouTube videos so they can address their potential customers questions and concerns. They wouldn’t continue to do this if they believed it to be a waste of their time. Not all YouTubers are flooded with free music app codes. Once again this highlights how their content and audience is not sufficiently large enough to justify such an investment. It’s also not merely some form of ritual or give away of codes to a handful of YouTubers because they have nothing better to do with their promo codes.

Witness the rise of the @Gavinski YouTube channel where his attention to detail, honesty, and measured critiques based on his previously mentioned character traits have led to a very loyal and large following so that developers are providing him with an ample supply of free promo codes. He values his users so he doesn’t waste their time by creating videos for apps that are so buggy or half baked in terms of their feature set that they shouldn’t have been released because he wants his users to come away with practical insights into the app he’s reviewing so they’ll be able to buy or pass with confidence and feel like they don’t need to watch some more YouTube videos first (which of course would mean more of those pesky profit eating free code give aways you’re on about). Quality developers and YouTubers have invested time into what they do. We can support both if we choose to. Free promo codes given away to YouTubers isn’t a problem nor, while a nice gesture, forum members gifting app codes a solution.

• All I know is that since Costco stopped offering free food samples, I don’t shop there nearly as much!🙃

• edited April 2021

thanks for the detailed response @Paulinko

This is certainly a divisive and nuanced issue, and I worry that you may have charged some of my words with more meaning than I intended them.

I'm not knocking any YouTubers here - just lamenting the situation we find ourselves in, and the things our beloved devs seemingly have to do in order to try to stimulate sales.

I'm also not suggesting this thread is any kind of solution - but the generous response it garnered certainly did warm my heart.

• @tk32 said:
    thanks for the detailed response @Paulinko

This is certainly a divisive and nuanced issue, and I worry that you may have charged some of my words with more meaning than I intended them.

I'm not knocking any YouTubers here - just lamenting the situation we find ourselves in, and the things our beloved devs seemingly have to do in order to try to stimulate sales.

I'm also not suggesting this thread is any kind of solution - but the generous response it garnered certainly did warm my heart.

begin tumble dry humor attempt
    To be fair you offered me the opportunity to unleash some of my aggression with your provocative prove me wrong post. The ants in my kitchen and the retail workers in my community owe you a debt of gratitude. Without this tiny suggestion you might be open to changing your mind, I would never have responded. The world is an unfair and cruel place. I do my part to keep it that way.
    tumble dry humor attempt end

• edited April 2021

I'm always open to changing my mind and being proving proven wrong.

Having others correct my fallacious* views is what I love about forums.

* note to self: must be careful with that spelling!

• edited April 2021

@tk32 said:
    I'm always open to changing my mind and being proving wrong.

Having others correct my fallacious* views is what I love about forums.

* must be careful with that spelling!

Did you mean to write, “being proven wrong”? 😂

Once I’m able to unload the last two free copies of BitWiz I’ve pledged, I will pledge a more expensive and popular app.

• edited April 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I would like to give 2 licenses for SoundPrism Link Edition.

If someone have a license for Atom Piano Roll 2, I will be more than happy to try the app!

• Thanks @Montreal_Music <3

Judging by your name it looks like you are in Canada. Is that right?

(I need to know because your pledge can only be claimed by users in the same country)

• @tk32 said:
    Thanks @Montreal_Music <3

Judging by your name it looks like you are in Canada. Is that right?

(I need to know because your pledge can only be claimed by users in the same country)

Exact!

• @tk32 To celebrate the upcoming “patterns” update for Atom 2 and to thank the developer for the great set of features added so far, I would like to offer a copy of Atom 2. This is for the UK.

• @MisplacedDevelopment said:
    @tk32 To celebrate the upcoming “patterns” update for Atom 2 and to thank the developer for the great set of features added so far, I would like to offer a copy of Atom 2. This is for the UK.

Many thanks buddy. Glad you're enjoying the app.

@tk32 To celebrate the upcoming “patterns” update for Atom 2 and to thank the developer for the great set of features added so far, I would like to offer a copy of Atom 2. This is for the UK.

Thank you! :heart:

• I pledge one each of the following apps from the USA App Store...

• Gain Stage Vintage Clean
    • Gauss Field Looper
    • TTAP
  • Nice pledge @Schmotown

Added.

• FYI eveyone... in 5 days I lose the ability to edit the OP.

I’ll either have to..

1. Start a new thread and migrate the remaining pledges over.
    2. Ask the mods to let me continue editing after the 30 day limit (if possible)
    3. Continue running this thread without being able to edit the OP
  • I would love one of the Atom2 Uk codes If still available? Kindly donated by @MisplacedDevelopment

• @Oblique said:
    I would love one of the Atom2 Uk codes If still available? Kindly donated by @MisplacedDevelopment

Code sent by DM

@tk32

@Oblique said:
    I would love one of the Atom2 Uk codes If still available? Kindly donated by @MisplacedDevelopment

Code sent by DM

@tk32

Awesome thanks! Can’t wait to play

• edited April 2021

@tk32 said:
    FYI eveyone... in 5 days I lose the ability to edit the OP.

I’ll either have to..

1. Start a new thread and migrate the remaining pledges over.
    2. Ask the mods to let me continue editing after the 30 day limit (if possible)
    3. Continue running this thread without being able to edit the OP

How about externalizing the currently available pledges in a Google spreadsheet, linking to it and keeping all of the other minutiae in the first post?

• ...and that’s why we like having developers frequent these forums - they can apply their logical minds to any problem

• @Schmotown I would be interested in Gain Stage Vintage Clean if it’s still available.

• edited April 2021

I'd like to pledge a total of 4 of Erik Sigth's apps to 4 individual recipients through the USA App Store.
    Update: none left.

• I’d like to try out Voice Bot

@ocelot said:
    I'd like to pledge a total of 4 of Erik Sigth's apps to 4 individual recipients through the USA App Store.

• Voice Bot claimed // thanks @ocelot !!

• Thanks for the latest pledges and claims everyone.

Due to the imminent locking of the OP I have moved the active list of pledges to this Google sheet (also linked from the OP):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdjFpEBYSmtH2dtoIWGmW7Wfe_wkc_NaKTopxUXbZ3k/edit?usp=sharing