Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

5 Reasons Why iOS Music Production Is The Future

1235»

Comments

• @dendy said:
    I'm now for more than year using exclusively HW only .. but in case i return anytime in future into classic DAW workflow, i'm pretty sure iPad is only choice for me. Will NEVER EVER return to desktop :-)

I thought that too for a long time. The thought of keyboard/mouse again was such a turnoff but getting Maschine has been the perfect bridge for making desktop worthwhile for me again. Part of it is the hardware of course (mmm pads/knobs etc) but also the Maschine software is just so super straightforward and cozy

ut i think unfortunalelly progress slowed down a significantly in recent 2-3 years.. 2010-2018was much more groundbreaking than 2019-2022 ... many apps died in recent 2-3 years, many promising new things are lost in dust.. feel overall huge slowdown in progress .. let's see if it changes in next 2-3 years..

I think there is general app fatigue for sure. Plus eroding headphone jack numbers means that the new app-curious musicians have one more workaround to deal with / eventually bail on. I look forward to a flood of sweet touch screen enabled hardware over the next ten years more than app-life stabilizing. Although I hear this Loopy Pro thing is pretty cool.

• edited February 2022

I still love using my computer to create music. Always have. I tried and ended up abandoning iOS for music after two or so years because it fell short - turned out to be more of an experiment than anything else (though I don’t rule out returning again). I added hardware synths and effects over the last couple years to use alongside the computer (it’s all desktop modules), and it’s been much more enjoyable than iOS.

Until I can do what I want, how I want, on iOS, iOS is not the future of music for me.

I do constantly suggest it to people starting out with a limited budget or looking for portability etc on other forums, and also suggest they come to this forum.