Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MIDI Player/Tab Editor?

This might be pretty random but does anyone know any programs similar to TablEdit, either for desktop or iOS? I'm trying to score a video game for a friend and that old school MIDI-generated sound is what I'm looking for. This stuff is completely new to me so I figured some folks on this forum would have recommendations.

Comments

• Reflow on IOS?

• There's also progression and guitar pro. I haven't used either of them enough to recommend one over the other. But I'd be interested about other people's recommendations.

• edited April 2014

Without wanting to plug myself, www.jammaestro.com might be what you're looking for. Check it out.

(You'd have to midi sequence another apps with the 8-bit sound with it though if thats what you were going for)

• @JamMaestro said:

Without wanting to plug myself, www.jammaestro.com might be what you're looking for. Check it out.

(You'd have to midi sequence another apps with the 8-bit sound with it though if thats what you were going for)

I picked up your app last week. It's amazing, but yeah, i'm trying to get that 8-bit sound. TablEdit has a nice layout but it's $50. I was hoping there was an iOS or open source equivalent, as I'd need to learn from scratch and don't want to drop a bunch of money on it to find out I don't like it.

• And to clarify, I'm just interested in 8-bit sounds. Definitely going for an old-school vibe.

I just looked at Progression and Guitar Pro but they're $50-60. I don't understand....how were people doing this previously? I've gotta believe there are MIDI sound generators out there for much cheaper, right?

• Check them out on iOS maybe, the price is much lower there. But I'm not sure they will let you do what you have in mind. Maybe check some reviews.