Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Are you addicted to audiobus forum?

Hmm are you checking for updates a little too often? Be honest!
Me i'm new here and already feel the pull every day :# :o <3 Is there a helpline for this?
No I'm not talking about app addiction - no time for those I too busy scanning the forum :D

Time to decide
  1. Are you addicted to AB forum?103 votes
    1. Yes hopelessly I admit it!
      87.38%
    2. No I am in control ... or denial ;)
      12.62%

Comments

• Yep I've got it bad. Sometimes I realize that I'm scrolling through pages of comments about apps that I don't own or have any intention of buying... Go and make some bloody music!

• @FPC said:
    Yep I've got it bad. Sometimes I realize that I'm scrolling through pages of comments about apps that I don't own or have any intention of buying... Go and make some bloody music!

yea man, this is me all over!

• Of Course!

• Yes and I also think the forum should get a commission from Apple for all the extra app sales.

• I can stop. I can stop. I CAN stop. I can stop. I can STOP. I can stop. I can stop. I CAN STOP!

• edited March 2021

I use to be, but for me coming here seemed counterproductive after many years. This place is like the QVC channel for apps and gear. I admit I learned a lot about creating hacks for patching together apps and workflows, but I haven’t done much with the knowledge or all of the apps I’ve bought.

Aside from several visits, I practically ceased coming here around last year. I felt discouraged that my M2 was pushed to its limits, and I would have felt like a terrible father and husband had I upgraded my iPad—you know, with me being the only source of income and the uncertainty of the pandemic and all.

But I didn’t come here to throw a pity party. My habits have changed, resulting with less desire and more contentment. I’ve been reading again, focusing on training my ears, some theory, and learned to kinda play ukulele. I’ve always wanted to learn a stringed instrument. It’s quite joyful to play even though I’m bad at it. The sound of acoustic strings feels so refreshing after years of synth loop arrangements and noodling.

I really enjoy ear training, cause I experience listening to music a little differently now; also, unlike muscle memory, it stays with you if you don’t practice for a awhile. I think it’s a better long term investment than gear. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway. That once I’m ready to blip and bleep again, the newest and shiniest will just be the means to an end, rather than the end of my creativity; that I’m going to come out of nowhere like Robert Redford from The Natural :-)

The best thing about this place has honestly been some of the music that I’ve listened to here.

• All the real people have got to be here, or at least lurk. This is where you learn the real deep wisdom of the sages, passed down from iOS generation to iOS generation.

Visits: 14,231
    Comments: 13.7K

Nah. I just randomly drop by once in awhile. :D

• @wim said:
    Visits: 14,231
    Comments: 13.7K

Nah. I just randomly drop by once in awhile. :D

This is an exponential curve from where I am at....well...at least for the comments. I’m a little over half your visits 3 years into the game.

• If you’re reading this, you are either have been addicted to ABF, are currently or will be in the future

• Bless me father for I have sinned, it has been half an hour since my last forum visit.

Balls deep.

• edited March 2021

There are alot of crazy things in this world to be addicted to...this one’s all wavey gravey...

• Just divide my visits by the time I joined and you can see i might be addicted but not as bad as @wim 😂 wim has the real problem 😎

• edited March 2021

I can quit anytime on my own doc. I swear.

• Audioforum Anonymous

• 12,900 visits, 5,200 comments, 360 tracks in the past three years. That’s about 10 visits a day and one new track every three days. I am retired, I am old, I am Spartacus.

• And a legend amongst mortals

@LinearLineman said:
    12,900 visits, 5,200 comments, 360 tracks in the past three years. That’s about 10 visits a day and one new track every three days. I am retired, I am old, I am Spartacus.

• Dang @LinearLineman, kicking ass and taking names.

8,587 visits since Feb 2014. That works out to 3.29256135 visits per day. I'm going to get that down to 3.28 visits per day.

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    And a legend amongst mortals

@LinearLineman said:
    12,900 visits, 5,200 comments, 360 tracks in the past three years. That’s about 10 visits a day and one new track every three days. I am retired, I am old, I am Spartacus.

This is mine. Thing is guys, I actually checked and the AB Forum does not record these things remotely accurately. I would say realistically I check this place at least 20 times a day, and frankly, it is probably more than that lol

• I don’t have a problem.
    I can quit whenever I want.

• Does anyone know when NS2 will get audio tracks?

• I think I have a problem and I have only been on this forum for a year.
    Why is it? What is it about this forum or others that people get addicted too?
    Are we craving community for things we are interested in? Is it just human nature?

• Good questions Soundtemple. I think it is a mix of all these things. Certainly, in real life I only know one other person who makes music on an ipad and he is no longer in my city any more lol. I'd say I am currently obsessed with all things iOS music related, but this place, with the camaraderie and the anticipation of new apps and excitement over them certainly stokes that obsession.

• I am, and to be honest this forum is my go to place for inspiration and positivity in a dark period of my life. In my country the economy is in the gutter, and wave after wave of hyperinflation has decimated my salary and purchasing power. My bank savings are frozen and I’m only allowed to use 50$ of them monthly for online purchases. At first I came here to read about apps and figure out if I should get them and if my ipad’s cpu can handle them. However, the positivity ,support and camaraderie of the forum members is what keeps me coming back.

• This forum is really great . I’ve learned so much from many people here .
    Audiobus for a free humanity ! Audiobus where cool people are ! Audiobus it’s a way of life ! Ask me about Audiobus. How do you Audiobus?

Im thinking stickers and shirt slogans .🤓

• No, I am never here. I'm not here now, I'm at work. Working.

• @soundtemple said:
    I think I have a problem and I have only been on this forum for a year.
    Why is it? What is it about this forum or others that people get addicted too?
    Are we craving community for things we are interested in? Is it just human nature?

Making music and production can be a very lonely business. Especially with many of us stuck at home most of the time these days.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Am I addicted? Just because I check the forum every 5min for new messages? Naaah, don't be ridicioulus :D