Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

B-Step Sequencer

edited April 2014 in General App Discussion

Anyone already have it? Or know the final introductory price.
28th April is the release date.

Comments

• I am lucky enough to have an early play with this on iOS. It has some really cool features and plays well over virtual MIDI. Very intuitive workflow and so easy to create melodies and chord lines. I seem to think there will be a launch offer price so watch out for this one.

• Can it be used for traditional song structure?

• @MoonWolf yes, I would say so because you can easily copy and edit sections

• Any teasers available?

• Cool, i hope it works with AB, i saw a video of the vst and looks awesome for chords an melodies as you said, in a few hours will be 28 here.

• Videos and some pics etc here : http://b-step.monoplugs.com/

• edited April 2014

Out in the New Zealand store at $20.99 NZ dollaros ($17.99 US ?)

App info:

Transform your iPad to a real music-sequencer workstation with B-Step!

The sequencer comes with native support for one or two Novation Launchpads. B-Step supports CoreMIDI, Virtual MIDI ports, Network MIDI and a lot of MIDI hardware devices!

It also supports MIDI Learn, so you can control B-Step's user interface with any MIDI controller
    you like!

B-Step Sequencer can work as MIDI clock master or you can sync it to another clock master.

With B-Step you program your melodies in a few seconds and you can't hit a wrong note. This sequencer is designed for improvisation and live use - your synthesizers will love B-Step.

Features:

• native Novation Launchpad support.

• advanced MIDI learn.

• drag'N'drop.

• 3 color profiles.

• clean and simple user interface.

• run in background

Specification:

• 16th step resolution.

• 4 tracks (we call them strings).

• 16 bars.

• 5 x 6 chords per project.

• pattern auto chain.

• MIDI Clock master (up to 400 BPM) or slave

MIDI:

• CoreMIDI.

• Virtual MIDI ports.

• Network MIDI.

• Support standard MIDI hardware devices.

• @ChrisG Thanx a lot for the info, Its expensive!! :( For introductory price i was thinking in that price as a regular price. Is like Final Touch regular price. Looks cool but i stay with StepPolyArp

• Ah, ChrisG I was hoping you would say $14.99 US. Lol that's what's left in iTunes account.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Ah, ChrisG I was hoping you would say $14.99 US. Lol that's what's left in iTunes account.

Lol. Well I just used a currency converter and took a guess, so maaaaybe..it'll be tight tho..:)

• ChrisG. Did you buy it?

• Nope, just logged into the NZ store and looked it up

• Ok thx

• Thanks for the link @ChrisG!

• Here is out now and is like 4 dlls less from the final price of 22 :(, i will pass this app for that intro price, and save my money for the iMPC Pro or Cubasis 1.8, so i keep Thesys and Steppolyarp as my midi sequencers for arpeggios.

• Feeling pretty covered on step sequencers but hard to say without more videos. There other app looks a little more interesting http://cythar.monoplugs.com/. Says they plan on creating 'a special touch screen version'.

• With so many step sequencers on the market already, what makes this special?
    Intro price does seem a bit steep.

And, well there's no accounting for taste, but I think the interface looks really, really ugly...cluttered and fussy, with colors that don't go well together.

• There is a trial version for Mac and PC on their website. Standalone & VST versions. No sign-up required, straight download.

• @thinds said:

There is a trial version for Mac and PC on their website. Standalone & VST versions. No sign-up required, straight download.

Thanks, I'll try it. Right now, I'm already covered for my domestic purposes.

• The developer said there will also be a trial version of the app hitting the App Store soon, so you can try before you buy

• Dev just messaged me that there will also be a 25% discount until May 15th.

• @mgmg4871. The discount is another discount or is already in the appstore price?

• It will be a updated price. Not sure how long it will take to post. The price in store is $16.99 US so discount will be 25% of that. So somewhere around $12.75 US.

• Thats great, thanx :)

• Anyone in NZ seeing the discounted price.

• edited April 2014

Pricing psychology is funny. I'd buy this for $4.99, without even thinking hard about it. For $9.99, I'd seriously consider it. But even with that discount, I'm thinking "too much".
    That's not at all a judgement on its "worth"- it looks like a great app and right up my alley. More a reflection of all my recent purchases and wondering if I really "need" it.

• @mgmg4871 said:

Anyone in NZ seeing the discounted price.

Not in Oz yet 10am

• @thinds said:

@mgmg4871 said:

Anyone in NZ seeing the discounted price.

Not in Oz yet 10am

Thanks @thinds

• I just spend my money on Xynthesizr instead of this because no disccount , and i have to say i love Xynthesizr, B-Step looks good too but i agree the price is really high with 11 dlls more i bought Korg Gadget introductory price.

So i will pass this app for a long time, i was expecting a better deal for an app of this kind :(