Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Space Guitar Beta (AUv3 included)

PD Space Guitar Synthesizer BETA 2 (1.0.2) for iPad
1) make sure you've installed "testflight" on your ipad (free download from the appstore)
2) then click on the following link
https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHe6ZWUc

PD Space Guitar is a polyphonic directsynth with square and sawtooth waveforms, polyphonic filters and detune. Effects onboard: simple ampssim with limiter, delay, modulation, cabinet and reverb.
A small example of the vast array of sounds obtainable with it:
Rock:
Synthy:

Regards,
Paul Driessen
https://www.facebook.com/experimentalPaul

Comments

• Seems a bit unstable as an AU in AUM. OK - I'm putting all kinds of signals through it (generally not guitar) but when I try to change presets the effect often crashes and has to be reloaded.

• @enkaytee said:
    Seems a bit unstable as an AU in AUM. OK - I'm putting all kinds of signals through it (generally not guitar) but when I try to change presets the effect often crashes and has to be reloaded.

thanks for the feedback! have you started Space guitar standalone before using it in AB?
    is there a special preset where it crashes?

• @Paul_Driessen said:

@enkaytee said:
    Seems a bit unstable as an AU in AUM. OK - I'm putting all kinds of signals through it (generally not guitar) but when I try to change presets the effect often crashes and has to be reloaded.

thanks for the feedback! have you started Space guitar standalone before using it in AB?
    is there a special preset where it crashes?

Hi @Paul_Driessen - yes, I've loaded the standalone but not put anything through it. What seems to be happening is that (sometimes) almost any change of preset causes a crash - see screenshot. Unfortunately I can't tie it down to any particular set of conditions but I'll keep testing.

• Just joined, will try it out soon. Sounds like a really cool app.

• edited March 2021

that second demo video sounds super cool. so how does it work, something like internal midi/pitch recognition + a synth or is rather the guitar signal warped beyond recoginition similar to roxsyn?

• @dobbs said:
    that second demo video sounds super cool. so how does it work, something like internal midi/pitch recognition + a synth or is rather the guitar signal warped beyond recoginition similar to roxsyn?

thanks! it is direct polyphonic pitch recognition and waveshaping.

• I'm using (6) instances of this on a per-string basis. I understand it's polyphonic.
    Someone mentioned a way to link multiple AUv3 instances in AUM. How?

• @nerVe said:
    I'm using (6) instances of this on a per-string basis. I understand it's polyphonic.
    Someone mentioned a way to link multiple AUv3 instances in AUM. How?

Space guitar itself is polyphonic, you only need more instances if you want to assign different sounds to different strings.
    If you use a host like audiobus (or AUM) as a host, you can use a single string for input for each channel you setup.
    You need a boss GP10 or SY1000 or a custom 6 channel interface to your hex pickup for this.

• Just downloaded, this seems right up my alley as I primarily use my iPad Afro guitar effects. Will report back if I remember to! ✌️ Thanks!

• I did a livestream with the beta some time ago. I really like this app but haven’t used it in a little while. I’ll revisit it again today.

• PD Space Guitar Synthesizer 2 is out in the ios appstore! It is a free update for the previe
    Here an on screen preset for you to copy.