Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Chow centaur overdrive app demo.

I use my luke,AUM,overloud tone impera rig,mixbox for reverb and my apogee quartet.
This app is really good.It reacts very well to pick attack and nuances.
To my ears,it’s best use is with moderate gain.
Thanks!

Comments

• I could listen to this all day.

• @flo26 : sounds great. Is there another pedal that sounds as good?

I have been finding that even for clean sounds (with gain set low) that this pedal adds a certain very satisfying something in front of just about any amp sim.. and when feeding my actual amp (Jc-120)

• @mjcouche said:
    I could listen to this all day.

Thanks a lot!

@espiegel123 said:
    @flo26 : sounds great. Is there another pedal that sounds as good?

I have been finding that even for clean sounds (with gain set low) that this pedal adds a certain very satisfying something in front of just about any amp sim.. and when feeding my actual amp (Jc-120)

Thanks a lot !
    Nembrini pedals sound great!
    Ifx rack has really good overdrives too.

• "Honey". It adds a sweetness but also a kind of sludge for the workings of the machine.

It's an extra that I can't seem to live without. I'm a honey addict. Magic Death Eye has the
    same tube based "extra" quality for all inputs. It's probably even-order harmonic distortion
    and is typically called saturation as a description of the tube hitting it's limits.

Did we mention this app is FREE. Expect more from this Stanford Engineering Student. Hopefully he'll keep researching great hardware and make us more clones: @chowdsp.

• Jatin (The developer) is new to iOS development, but is working on creating a tip box for this app.

Please support him when it is updated 😊

• Thanks @flo26 for showing it off! Whether it sounds “authentic” or not is not for me to say, but it certainly sounds great and even more so in your hands. Perhaps one of the unique aspects of the original Klon and this emulation is a dual path signal where the clean sound gets mixed in with the overdrive sound as you crank up the knobs. Perhaps this has something to do with the good pick attack response, articulation, and nuance you mentioned.

I love the Nembrinis so much as well, the Boss, Fuzz, and tube screamer emulation. Nembrini is working on a new shimmer and a new overdrive btw. Of course for a preamp style overdrive it’s worth mentioning the PSA1000 and FabFilter Saturn 2. The Fulltone OCD inside Amplitube is also a great overdrive, but not reason enough for me to use the app.

Of course the Brunetti Vanilla and Taxi drive are great inside th-u, and I really like their new analog boost pedal. I also like their Fat Muff and even their orange and yellow Boss emulations.

And now ChowCentaur is easily on this list. Looking forward to more releases from @chowdsp

• Great app! Free as well!
    Sounds great. Reminds me of the Boss Overdrive pedal.

• I just saw @espiegel123 mention using 2 of these in series to really saturate the tone and
    get the pick noise to be percussive. It's one of the keys to the Stevie Ray Vaughan sound.

And 2 times FREE is double FREE.

• edited March 2021

• @espiegel123 said:

This AU is a "Klon Centaur" type of overdrive. There are many many pedals out there that go for "this type of OD".

A quick google of "Klon Clone Shotout" yields:

• @boberto said:

@espiegel123 said:

This AU is a "Klon Centaur" type of overdrive. There are many many pedals out there that go for "this type of OD".

I guess my question wasn't clear.., I am well aware what Chow Centaur is emulating. My question was about other AU that sound as good not about physical pedals. I've tried many and to ear Chow Centaur is the most satisfying, bit I haven't tried some of TH-U or amplitube pedals.

• @boberto said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yeah but these are hardware pedals, not a digital plugin like ChowCentaur. Not exactly sure what your point is. I think a few plugin emulations have existed in some outdated guitar suite softwares, but this release is the first standalone emulation and a legitimately great free plugin. Klon Centaur has long been considered “gear without a plugin”, until now.

A good article of the hardware clones nonetheless, the J. Rockett Archer has been singled out by many. But it doesn’t mention the one considered to be the best of the Klones, which is the Mythical Overdrive. The other article mentions it though.

https://www.rimrockeffects.com/store/p1/Mythical_Overdrive_-_All_Versions.html

According to @pbelgium the Mythical Overdrive is tops for a hardware Klone. It has the correct diodes, and it also uses a charge pump for vintage correct 18v power for more headroom. I want to buy this for my birthday so bad, though I don’t really need it.

• edited March 2021

Wasn't sure he was aware of the pedal being emulated and that that pair with a JC-120 could be accomplished sans-ipad. (er, not the most rawkin' of tones but it's not like I didn't own one)

As for the Klons themselves - they are the single biggest source of complete and total BS in all of "boutique guitar" gear. As it literally says screen printed on top of the Klon KTR pedal (the commercial pedal/circuit currently being produced that is blessed by the original creator/manufacturer) "Kindly remember: the ridiculous hype that offends so many is not of my making." and that really says it all. If someone thinks a true-bypass vintage NOS Unobtanium-pedal is suddenly going to make everything perfect, I wish them the best of luck and hope it makes them happy. Can only be jealous since I don't have the money to buy guitar pedals anymore (aka, thank god iOS apps/plugins are so cheap!).

• Free app. But only because the developer is a student and this app is tied to his
    published paper on the project and other academics need free access to evaluate the work.

People that crave vintage gear will always seek out the real deal (this one sells for $7000) but we get a reasonable facsimile based on the application of science. Of course spending $7000 on a pedal is BS but some people have more money than brains. We have more brains and precious little money. We even complain about free.

As far as free goes this one is in the top 5.

• @McD said:
    Free app. But only because the developer is a student and this app is tied to his
    published paper on the project and other academics need free access to evaluate the work.

People that crave vintage gear will always seek out the real deal (this one sells for $7000) but we get a reasonable facsimile based on the application of science. Of course spending $7000 on a pedal is BS but some people have more money than brains. We have more brains and precious little money. We even complain about free.

As far as free goes this one is in the top 5.

I would say it is in the top 5 iOS distortion pedals paid or free. I prefer it to any of my paid pedals.

• edited March 2021

@boberto said:
    Wasn't sure he was aware of the pedal being emulated and that that pair with a JC-120 could be accomplished sans-ipad. (er, not the most rawkin' of tones but it's not like I didn't own one)

As for the Klons themselves - they are the single biggest source of complete and total BS in all of "boutique guitar" gear. As it literally says screen printed on top of the Klon KTR pedal (the commercial pedal/circuit currently being produced that is blessed by the original creator/manufacturer) "Kindly remember: the ridiculous hype that offends so many is not of my making." and that really says it all. If someone thinks a true-bypass vintage NOS Unobtanium-pedal is suddenly going to make everything perfect, I wish them the best of luck and hope it makes them happy. Can only be jealous since I don't have the money to buy guitar pedals anymore (aka, thank god iOS apps/plugins are so cheap!).

I don’t think anybody here thinks that. I hope not. The original did start a boutique overdrive pedal craze, many great boutique pedals have come since. What was once unique about the Klon in 1994 has been recreated and reproduced without any problems. Of course it’s overhyped, just like an original Nocaster or Esquire is overhyped, but doesn’t mean it doesn’t sound great. Anyway I don’t have a problem with paying $200 for a boutique pedal made in honor of it, or any pedal, as long as it sounds great. The ChowCentaur sounds great and is free, win win.

• edited March 2021

@flo26 said:
    I use my luke,AUM,overloud tone impera rig,mixbox for reverb and my apogee quartet.
    Thanks!

Wow, thanks for making this demo! It's really awesome to hear how the plugin sounds in the hands of an actual guitarist (I'm more of a keyboard guy who tries to fake it with the guitar :smile:). Would you mind if I share this video around a little bit?

Thanks,
    Jatin

• @chowdsp said:

@flo26 said:
    Thanks!

Wow, thanks for making this demo! It's really awesome to hear how the plugin sounds in the hands of an actual guitarist (I'm more of a keyboard guy who tries to fake it with the guitar :smile:). Would you mind if I share this video around a little bit?

Thanks,
    Jatin

Thanks for asking.
    Feel free to use it.I hope it will help😉.
    Flo