Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using the Launchpad Pro MK3 with Atom 2

So here it is, as promised, a first look into the functions that Atom 2 provides for the LP Pro MK3. I‘m focusing on the basics right now, and there will be more videos because Victor is already pumping out the updates and there is a lot more to explore (for example skinning and scripting).

I hope this helps you to see what you can do with that combination, so far I‘m really happy. This is going to be my goto app for a while, I already know that.

Comments

  • @FloRi89 said:
    So here it is, as promised, a first look into the functions that Atom 2 provides for the LP Pro MK3. I‘m focusing on the basics right now, and there will be more videos because Victor is already pumping out the updates and there is a lot more to explore (for example skinning and scripting).

    I hope this helps you to see what you can do with that combination, so far I‘m really happy. This is going to be my goto app for a while, I already know that.

    Great tutorial. I’ve added it to the wiki
    https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=atom_piano_roll_2#videos_and_tutorials

  • edited March 2021

    I've been enjoying using the Launchpad mk3 with Atom 2 recently, but I have one question for other users or @blueveek himself.

    I have each of my synths on Tracks 1-4 set to receive from their own MIDI channel ( 1-4 ), so I can switch which instrument I'm playing from the Launchpad Note settings page without touching the iPad. I can set each Atom 2 instance to the correct midi channel and they record and output correctly.

    However, since I'm also using the Launchpad as an input source on each track ( so I can always hot switch instruments and jam along even while not recording ), when I do either arm a track in Atom or open the Atom instance to record in, I end up hearing the MIDI note hitting the synth twice during the time i'm recording.

    I was wondering if there was a way to turn off the MIDI input from going through ATOM and transmitting to the synth while recording into an instance?

    In this setup I am always monitoring the incoming MIDI through its direct connection to the synth's own channel.

    ::EDIT::

    I realized I can keep the setup this way, but switch to a un-used MIDI channel from the Launchpad Note Settings page if I'm going to record. If I play notes to say Channel 9, the currently armed atom instance will handle them, and they won't be duplicated by the track I was previously just jamming on as it's no longer a target. As long as I don't have to go back to the iPad to switch from jamming to recording, I'm happy for now. Thanks for the awesome software!

  • Thank you for this, Florian - it's massively appreciated and really useful

  • Just checked this out and got it running quick! Thanks for the tutorial. Is there an easy way to create a LP template in AUM, or do you really need to set up every instance of atom, midi channels, routing, and all that one-by-one?

  • I just bought a Launchpad pro mk3. When using Atom2 in AUM on my IPhone 13, it works fine, the LP recognize the session mode. But when I’m using my IPad pro 2017 and use Atom 2, the LP stay on the “Note” mode and it is impossible to use the session mode. Any idea what I can do ?

  • @cuscolima said:
    I just bought a Launchpad pro mk3. When using Atom2 in AUM on my IPhone 13, it works fine, the LP recognize the session mode. But when I’m using my IPad pro 2017 and use Atom 2, the LP stay on the “Note” mode and it is impossible to use the session mode. Any idea what I can do ?

    Is there a difference in the hardware you use to connect your Launchpad on the devices?

    @slicetwo : Atom should recognize your Launchpad and automatically map it to the Atom instances. Make sure that Atom’s configuration is set to use the LP.

  • @espiegel123 said:

    @cuscolima said:
    I just bought a Launchpad pro mk3. When using Atom2 in AUM on my IPhone 13, it works fine, the LP recognize the session mode. But when I’m using my IPad pro 2017 and use Atom 2, the LP stay on the “Note” mode and it is impossible to use the session mode. Any idea what I can do ?

    Is there a difference in the hardware you use to connect your Launchpad on the devices?

    @slicetwo : Atom should recognize your Launchpad and automatically map it to the Atom instances. Make sure that Atom’s configuration is set to use the LP.

    No, I am using the same Apple dongle for connection + power. It is just that it works with my IPhone but not with my IPad... I can add that if I use LK, it works on both devices...

  • edited January 12

    Ok, I have deleted and reinstalled Atom 2 and now everything is ok !

Sign In or Register to comment.