Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blank

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited April 2014

There is a visual clue in the Audiobus side bar on apps which are utilising the newer Audiobus SDK if you're also running Loopy. You can see the loop length (which you can change on the fly) and a clock going round which shows you when the next loop will trigger. Much better than just the green and red recording sign.

• edited April 2014

I made myself a click track loop and saved it. You could record yourself doing a count in too, I suppose, and then open up that loop when you start a new project. Just set it up to do a 1 bar lead in before it records.

• As long as you have a BPM defined and the metronome is on, Loopy will count in as many bars as you have set in the preferences. The only gotcha is that you have to keep an eye on where in the loop you are, there are visual cues for this both within Loopy itself and in the Audiobus panel.

For example, if you have a four bar loop playing, and you have defined a 2 bar count-in, wait until the marker is at the six o clock point (half way through) before activating the record function, then when the marker reaches the top, recording will start.

If you have no BPM defined and are recording the first loop, you need a footswitch to trigger the record on/off.

• edited January 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can use any midi foot pedal to control Loopy HD, btw. Works like a charm for me. Super easy to bind commands to pedals, as well. It uses a learn function.

• edited April 2014

@MoonWolf said:

You can use any midi foot pedal to control Loopy HD, btw. Works like a charm for me. Super easy to bind commands to pedals, as well. It uses a learn function.

Totally agree. I don't know what Vdl-1 can exactly do but software loopers will always be a one up on their hardware counterparts in terms of flexibility. Of course your vox will be more sturdy but loopy and blueboard are a very good solution and when running within audiobus you can use them in a combo with other tempo synced apps and it all stays in sync beautifully (not all apps of course). Out of curiosity, does your vox have a count in?