Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Morning Soup (Soup And Noodles)

edited March 2021 in Creations

First off I would like to say a massive thanks to this community for not only welcoming me but also answering my many questions as I try and get to grips with music making in this realm.

Seriously, THANK YOU!

I’d like to send out a special thanks Doug @thesoundtestroom, Gav @Gavinski and @Svetlovska

So... please be gentle with me, it’s my VERY first attempt at writing and publishing electronic music but also creating a video for YouTube!

I think it only fair and right to give back to community - what have I learned in the few weeks I’ve started this crazy, fun, venture?

I worked mostly in AUM. The main soundscape was created in Xynthesizr. I wanted to create a rising, evolving motif and did it by adding rising curves each time it looped round. The synth in Xynthesizr was really suited to the sound i was trying to create.

Some of the bird song was from BBC samples ( plus the frogs ) but some of the later birds were created with goofing around with the reso in Xynthesizr. Additional crashes and clangs were from Decent Sampler, stuff like glasses and bowls, oh and wind. I just love DS. I exported the stems (annoyingly at first separately but as it turns out this process actually works in my ‘workflow’ ) from AUM into Logic so I could then apply automation for fades etc. Reverb and mastering were done in Logic.

Also...

This community is amazing!

The iPad is a fantastic creative tool and there are some ace devs and mind blowing apps, wow.

For me, to finish/master it makes more sense to use a desktop DAW. This last piece has been probably the biggest and most important things I’ve learned. By that I mean what people refer to as workflow. Until you actually work through a piece from beginning to end you won’t know what workflow to adopt. My advice? Noodle and see what soup works for you!

Please comment, like, subscribe, share, etc. Thank you 😌

Comments

• Well, I like it but my seven year old son’s review is that it is too ‘tweety’ and ‘lifelike’... Can’t please everyone!

• @gusgranite said:
    Well, I like it but my seven year old son’s review is that it is too ‘tweety’ and ‘lifelike’... Can’t please everyone!

Thank you. The next one will be less soup and more noodles!

• A good start. Keep ‘em coming.

• Good work! Very chilled.