Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PD Space Guitar Synthesizer public beta (auv3)

Comments

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    This is a big update, with lots of new features:

• PRESETS A compact floorboard based presetmanagent, with factory and user presets.
Factory presets are read-only: trying to save them will redirect [CODE][/CODE]you automatically to the user presetrs. User presets are secured for updates. Standlone presets and IR's are available in the file system for backup and restore.
Great little trick: durings save-as you can use your floorboard to point to the proper location. You may browse far away to seek a sound, choose it, enjoy it? click save as, and hit your floarboard, now the sound is saved at the right spot!

• CHROMATIC mode what is says: silly autotune or realistic organ sounds, you choose..

• ORIGINAL waveform with formant preserve - the tone knob rule sthe maount of formant preserve. great for keeping the gutiarsound bright enough while pitching down.

• DUAL waveform with variations under the tone knob: 12 string, unisono and organon (fifth), all with adjustable detune

• REMOTE tab with 4 assignable CC's:
volume (selectable blend, synth,amp), whammy, filter and the hold pedal.

• 
The hold pedal work as normal hold AND as a piano sustain pedal.. Auto Hold sensitivity has to be set to a higher senstiivity to enable it: -35 db is a typical vlaue. At +30dB it is firmly shut off..The sound at the press of the hold pedal will be hold anyway, this is the normal hold.
whenever the hold pedal is down, and level exceeds the aut hold level, the sound is refreshed: this gives the piano effect.
    • Small hickups and bugs are to be expected: the filter system is not in its final form. the attack knob has a misleading name now: it actually is a decay from the peak

Hi Paul,
    Couple of questions:
    (1) On the presets, I can't find them in the File directory when I save using the AUv3 as an effect. Is that because saving presets that get reflected in the directory is only supported in standalone? Is there any way to move a preset from AU version to standalone or do I have to recreate it in the standalone if I started in the AUv3 version?
    (2) On the iPhone version, I don't see the Original waveform and the shape to the far right is called "12s". The 12s setting is very cool!

• Hi Paul,
    Couple of questions:
    (1) On the presets, I can't find them in the File directory when I save using the AUv3 as an effect. Is that because saving presets that get reflected in the directory is only supported in standalone? Is there any way to move a preset from AU version to standalone or do I have to recreate it in the standalone if I started in the AUv3 version?
    (2) On the iPhone version, I don't see the Original waveform and the shape to the far right is called "12s". The 12s setting is very cool!

1) yes: current only the standalone presets and IR's are published in the File system.
    2) that's a glitch of mine, the iphone version has shorter texts. i forgot to update them: it is just the naming. "12s" corresponds to "dual" in ipad layout. so the "dual" knob ought to be just as cool ;)

• @Paul_Driessen said:

Hi Paul,
    Couple of questions:

1) yes: current only the standalone presets and IR's are published in the File system.
    2) that's a glitch of mine, the iphone version has shorter texts. i forgot to update them: it is just the naming. "12s" corresponds to "dual" in ipad layout. so the "dual" knob ought to be just as cool ;)

Yep, it's just as cool!

How did you get that banjo sounding preset in the video posted previously? I've been futzing with the settings for a while and I can get close by not quite as banjo-like as you did. Screen shots of the settings you have for that?

• How did you get that banjo sounding preset in the video posted previously? I've been futzing with the settings for a while and >I can get close by not quite as banjo-like as you did. Screen shots of the settings you have for that?

the filtersystem as it is now, is not complete. The banjo effect was only possible with another experimental setup that regrettably was not working with the main dish of filter settings, so I had to leave it out for this release.

• @Paul_Driessen said:

How did you get that banjo sounding preset in the video posted previously? I've been futzing with the settings for a while and >I can get close by not quite as banjo-like as you did. Screen shots of the settings you have for that?

the filtersystem as it is now, is not complete. The banjo effect was only possible with another experimental setup that regrettably was not working with the main dish of filter settings, so I had to leave it out for this release.

Aha! That's actually a bit comforting as I figured I was just being really inept with the current app. Hope that filter system comes back later. ;)

• I was quite impressed while tapping on an eight string. This felt great and I was not getting those typical glitches of the Roland type. And the poly part was kind of insane as normally tapping is hard for guitar synths I've tried. Cheers and epic tones, the latency feels nice and im not sure if thats cause its playing the notes so well or its real. So far so good man, unless im just tripping out it like never glitches when I set it right. Hails to that.

• @oceansinspace said:
    I was quite impressed while tapping on an eight string. This felt great and I was not getting those typical glitches of the Roland type. And the poly part was kind of insane as normally tapping is hard for guitar synths I've tried. Cheers and epic tones, the latency feels nice and im not sure if thats cause its playing the notes so well or its real. So far so good man, unless im just tripping out it like never glitches when I set it right. Hails to that.

It's the real deal. No glitches that I've heard and Paul keeps baking in more goodness as he goes. Really great sound shaping tool.

• PD Space Guitar BETA 1.3.41
    Intelligent harmoniser on iOS anyone? got you covered!

• It’s better and better with each new beta! 🙏🏻😍

• edited January 2023

..pimped the amp with 2 new knobs: "warp" and "triode". Together with the existing softclipper from "overdrive" these knobs allow for a huge range of color now. Available in a few days.

• Lookin very interesting

• Someday everyone is gonna catch up with the magic you throwin down with this app!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Someday everyone is gonna catch up with the magic you throwin down with this app!

that'll be the day ;)
    The next offical release will be more fullfletched as the initial release, where I deliberately added no preview video in the appstore. I hope that at some point, more people might discover my work. But it is a long haul, I'm not settling on cheap marketing manoeuvres.

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    that'll be the day ;)
    The next offical release will be more fullfletched as the initial release, where I deliberately added no preview video in the appstore. I hope that at some point, more people might discover my work. But it is a long haul, I'm not settling on cheap marketing manoeuvres.

The word will spread! Ios music community on youtube will surely help.

• @Icoustik said:

@Paul_Driessen said:
    that'll be the day ;)

Yep, word will spread with good marketing videos in the community. Maybe get others to show different use cases (synths?) and styles? Your virtuosity on the guitar helps make the app more intuitive and musical for guitarists—but it might throw some folks off who wonder how much magic is in the app vs in the fingers. Just a thought.

• edited January 2023

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Icoustik said:

@Paul_Driessen said:
    that'll be the day ;)

Yep, word will spread with good marketing videos in the community. Maybe get others to show different use cases (synths?) and styles? Your virtuosity on the guitar helps make the app more intuitive and musical for guitarists—but it might throw some folks off who wonder how much magic is in the app vs in the fingers. Just a thought.

goodpoints ofcourse!
    I play just he way i feel like I should be playing, in time there will be enough people that can play better or worse than me demoing SG. I'm not that virtuoso anyway, there are way worse examples!
    I encourage anyone to make their own music with it and to share it!

• ❤️ PD on Vocal as fx SYNTH

• @szczyp said:
    ❤️ PD on Vocal as fx SYNTH

thanks!
    it is however not clear to me whether a) you want to do vocal fx with it or b) allready do vocal fx with it

• I recently bought this after watching a few videos. This really is a great app. Some of the presets are fantastic. This may end up being my go to guitar app, and I have them all. The tracking is amazing. Pretty easy to tame some of the wilder presets into something usable for my purposes. Well done @Paul_Driessen! I had never tried any of the betas and I guess most of the videos I watched were using a beta version.

My question is, is the version that I bought the same as the most recent beta? Pretty darn good just the way it is, I’d say. Not that I wouldn’t welcome any improvements you’re making.

• edited January 2023

@Philh0954 said:
    I recently bought this after watching a few videos. This really is a great app. Some of the presets are fantastic. This may end up being my go to guitar app, and I have them all. The tracking is amazing. Pretty easy to tame some of the wilder presets into something usable for my purposes. Well done @Paul_Driessen! I had never tried any of the betas and I guess most of the videos I watched were using a beta version.

My question is, is the version that I bought the same as the most recent beta? Pretty darn good just the way it is, I’d say. Not that I wouldn’t welcome any improvements you’re making.

Thanks for the support! The app is still in its relative infancy.
    The new beta version has a few options more:

• intelligent harmoniser in the shaper. adds a minor/major 3rd or normal/flat 5th according to a key.
    • improved drop function (smooth border between low and high range)
    • a leslie mode for the chorus,
    • multitap delay with tap tempo,
    • 3 semi-free assignable cc/envelop remote automation channels that can alter the fx/amp/shaper settings.
    • amp/modulation/delay order is now free. (e.g. delay before amp now possible )
    • full stereo amp layouts, (Single, Double, Quatro). make everything a bit bigger.
    • an autofilter with multimode (BP,LP,HP) and remote control in the amp (for e.g. wah and auto wah)
    • amp now has a "Squeel" knob that offers even harmonic waveshaping.
    • the waveshapers in the amp now are oversampled.
    • the tone knob in the amp is specially tailored for rolling of more overdrive grain than guitartone when turned to the left.

You're welcome to try on https://testflight.apple.com/join/gHe6ZWUc

• Hi,
    Can this be used without a guitar &/or audio interface? Eg, can I use it as an effect processor on an AU synth in AUM?

• edited January 2023

@gdog said:
    Hi,
    Can this be used without a guitar &/or audio interface? Eg, can I use it as an effect processor on an AU synth in AUM?

Yes, it works very well for this use case, especially the beta version that will hopefully soon become the App Store version.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@gdog said:
    Hi,

Yes, it works very well for this use case, especially the beta version that will hopefully soon become the App Store version.

Thanks Luke for letting us know & for the video 👍, will definitely check this out now 😺

• @Paul_Driessen said:

@szczyp said:

thanks!
    it is however not clear to me whether a) you want to do vocal fx with it or b) allready do vocal fx with it

b) just fast tried and pd allows to hear some nice sounds, I will try also with melodica...
    why I love it? Because its allow for low latency pocessing with good-and unique sound.

• @szczyp said:

@Paul_Driessen said:

@szczyp said:

b) just fast tried and pd allows to hear some nice sounds, I will try also with melodica...
    why I love it? Because its allow for low latency pocessing with good-and unique sound.

Agree! Vocaltune Pro into PD Space! Sweet

• edited February 2023

Source > SPRINGS> PD space guitar (BRASSY WOBBLY) 🔥
    There is a lot great build in patches! Sold.

EDIT; @Paul_Driessen I found this section hard to read labels, FYI.

Also… any chance to add something to change in time the sound of delay Feedback? Like Optional filtering each repetotion (kind of dub delay). Sometimes it is nice to have clean delay, but mostly changing echo in time is more „analog” If you know what I mean.

i recorded shor „demo” with Voice in the sampler , next one I will try with melodica live.
    So far this SYNTH is sometimes amazing, sometimes muddy/not clear - but I found it very inspiring me. This kind of „mudd”, dirt, is musical distortion, contratulation of making such app!

• And melodica 5 min trying (random patches) and roxyn. Bought, and I miss tap tempo button available on beta version.

• @szczyp said:
    And melodica 5 min trying (random patches) and roxyn. Bought, and I miss tap tempo button available on beta version.

nice melodica playing there!