Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

PD Space Guitar Synthesizer public beta (auv3)

Comments

• @Paul_Driessen the sustain pedal looks awesome! I’m not sure what the remote function is doing; are you using an expression pedal?

• @spiteface said:
    Thanks so much for this! Works great! Hope an official release is on the horizon soo I can pay you for it :)

Thanks Spiteface!
    The official release will be when the presetmanager is ready, that'll be fixed after this remotes thingy is received and approved.
    I have allready told my creative department (me) to quit adding new ideas and stuff, but the marketing department (also me) gets ignored more often.. ;)

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @Paul_Driessen the sustain pedal looks awesome! I’m not sure what the remote function is doing; are you using an expression pedal?

thanks T.!
    I'm using a breathcontroller here, but you can use any kind of midicontroller. Those are mostly floorboard footcontrollers like the Behringer FCB1010 and McMIllen Softstep or small footpint USB controllers like the Korg Nanopad. In this demonstration the breathcontroller from https://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-controller was used.
    Space Guitar supports MIDI PC (Program Changes) to switch presets ( the preset number displayed is also the midi program number), and CC ( Continuous Controllers ) to act on the remote knobs.
    So with a floorboard, and iphone/ipad plus interface, you'll have a complete outrageous guitarsetup.
    The idea is also, to have this setup as a sidechain for Kemper,Cortex,Helix etc. users: they can use Space Guitar as an add on:
    those devices send midi PC and Space Guitar then can switch presets along with the main fx unit.

• @Paul_Driessen said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    @Paul_Driessen the sustain pedal looks awesome! I’m not sure what the remote function is doing; are you using an expression pedal?

thanks T.!
    I'm using a breathcontroller here, but you can use any kind of midicontroller. Those are mostly floorboard footcontrollers like the Behringer FCB1010 and McMIllen Softstep or small footpint USB controllers like the Korg Nanopad. In this demonstration the breathcontroller from https://www.tecontrol.se/products/usb-midi-breath-controller was used.
    Space Guitar supports MIDI PC (Program Changes) to switch presets ( the preset number displayed is also the midi program number), and CC ( Continuous Controllers ) to act on the remote knobs.
    So with a floorboard, and iphone/ipad plus interface, you'll have a complete outrageous guitarsetup.
    The idea is also, to have this setup as a sidechain for Kemper,Cortex,Helix etc. users: they can use Space Guitar as an add on:
    those devices send midi PC and Space Guitar then can switch presets along with the main fx unit.

Roger that. Sounds great!

• Added Damping for the piano sustain pedal.
    Higher frequencies are prone to decay faster in the natural world: I added a frequency depended decay, so you dial in a more natural decay sound.
    (its a passive piezo here, it hums a bit)

• I've just added a double sine with detuning now, that works also great with the pedal

• In a few days PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.0 will be released via testflight for ios.
    Lots of new functions and sounds. Some great, some... well… ;)

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    In a few days PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.0 will be released via testflight for ios.

Impressive.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Paul_Driessen said:
    In a few days PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.0 will be released via testflight for ios.

Impressive.

Yeah, super impressive. This app is so much more responsive than others. You gonna share that preset, @Paul_Driessen? That's one thing that I think needs development before launch--presets matter especially when appealing to guitar players.

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    Also upcoming: remotes!

Awesome. Cheers.

• Yeah, super impressive. This app is so much more responsive than others. You gonna share that preset, @Paul_Driessen?
    That's one thing that I think needs development before launch--presets matter especially when appealing to guitar players.

the upcoming beta has separate factory and user presets, so that further updates will preserve existing user patches. And: yes. there will be lots of factory patches..

• @Paul_Driessen said:

Yeah, super impressive. This app is so much more responsive than others. You gonna share that preset, @Paul_Driessen?
    That's one thing that I think needs development before launch--presets matter especially when appealing to guitar players.

the upcoming beta has separate factory and user presets, so that further updates will preserve existing user patches. And: yes. there will be lots of factory patches..

Muy bien.

• edited April 2022

A first glimpse at the new presetmanager in upcoming PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.
    Instead of having to fumble with menu popups and large lists with small fonts, I chose to have a floorboardlike layout, making it easy to organise sounds.
    I'm optimising the filters now to keepup with the new level of hifi that this app now features and making presets while doing so.

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    A first glimpse at the new presetmanager in upcoming PD Space Guitar BETA 1.1.
    Instead of having to fumble with menu popups and large lists with small fonts, I chose to have a floorboardlike layout, making it easy to organise sounds.
    I'm optimising the filters now to keepup with the new level of hifi that this app now features and making presets while doing so.

Looks great!

• A liittle noodle with dropsplit and piano sustain mode
    the hold function can work like a normal hold pedal, holding the sound which was sounding at the moment of the pedal press and it can also continuesly refresh itself: that is the auto hold.
    At a certain pluck treshold, the hold notes then will be the refreshed. this gives the piano/harp effect.

• Can’t wait for the next beta build, @Paul_Driessen ! So many cool new things

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Can’t wait for the next beta build, @Paul_Driessen ! So many cool new things

thanks.. and I havent even shown you everything! ;)

• edited April 2022

SG Beta 1.1 has been uploaded, awaiting apple review

• edited April 2022

This is a big update, with lots of new features:

• PRESETS A compact floorboard based presetmanagent, with factory and user presets.
Factory presets are read-only: trying to save them will redirect [CODE][/CODE]you automatically to the user presetrs. User presets are secured for updates. Standlone presets and IR's are available in the file system for backup and restore.
Great little trick: durings save-as you can use your floorboard to point to the proper location. You may browse far away to seek a sound, choose it, enjoy it? click save as, and hit your floarboard, now the sound is saved at the right spot!

• CHROMATIC mode what is says: silly autotune or realistic organ sounds, you choose..

• ORIGINAL waveform with formant preserve - the tone knob rule sthe maount of formant preserve. great for keeping the gutiarsound bright enough while pitching down.

• DUAL waveform with variations under the tone knob: 12 string, unisono and organon (fifth), all with adjustable detune

• REMOTE tab with 4 assignable CC's:
volume (selectable blend, synth,amp), whammy, filter and the hold pedal.

• 
The hold pedal work as normal hold AND as a piano sustain pedal.. Auto Hold sensitivity has to be set to a higher senstiivity to enable it: -35 db is a typical vlaue. At +30dB it is firmly shut off..The sound at the press of the hold pedal will be hold anyway, this is the normal hold.
whenever the hold pedal is down, and level exceeds the aut hold level, the sound is refreshed: this gives the piano effect.
    • Small hickups and bugs are to be expected: the filter system is not in its final form. the attack knob has a misleading name now: it actually is a decay from the peak
  • Live-recorded the whole track only with PD and acoustic guitar.

This is an amazing effect!

Thanks

• @Yngvarr said:
    Live-recorded the whole track only with PD and acoustic guitar.

This is an amazing effect!

Thanks

you're welcome Yngvarr! nice "tocata" you played there!

• Setting up a hold pedal by foot in Space Guitar is easy:
    1) make sure your midi footcontroller is enabled for input in the config screen
    2) open the REMOTE tab, and set the HOLD cc to the CC that your footpedal transmits
    3) the Auto Hold knob Level determines whether or not sound is refreshed while holding. Keep it on 30 dB for a normal hold. Setting it to about -30dB will make it behave like a piano sustain.

The HOLD button will go on and off according your footpedal. In the interface, however, it works like a toggle. So you can save a preset with the HOLD function allready enabled, which is very handy if you havent got a floorpedal.

• ..working on triggered fitlerenvelops

• @Paul_Driessen said:
    ..working on triggered fitlerenvelops

Interesting. Triggered by velocity?

• Interesting. Triggered by velocity?

yes. plucks are detected and an attack/decay filter envelop started.

• @Paul_Driessen said:

But is the intensity of the pluck changing the attack and decay of the filter? If so, then I'm all in on that feature... I can think of so many great use cases.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Paul_Driessen said:

But is the intensity of the pluck changing the attack and decay of the filter? If so, then I'm all in on that feature... I can think of so many great use cases.

there will be 2 modes: one that sets the attack target to the max whe ntreshold is corssed (triggered) and the other that places it on velocity with the attacksetting as limit/scale, the latter being that what you are interested in.

• @Paul_Driessen said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@Paul_Driessen said:

there will be 2 modes: one that sets the attack target to the max whe ntreshold is corssed (triggered) and the other that places it on velocity with the attacksetting as limit/scale, the latter being that what you are interested in.

Perfecto! Thanks, looking forward to test driving... I'm loving the latest build, btw. The new preset manager is the bomb! And the piano mode is fantastic too. I hope guitar players give this app a try when you release--it just feels like it was designed for players. Responsive and musical.

• Perfecto! Thanks, looking forward to test driving... I'm loving the latest build, btw. The new preset manager is the bomb! And >the piano mode is fantastic too. I hope guitar players give this app a try when you release--it just feels like it was designed for >players. Responsive and musical.

thanks! well, I use myself as a guinea pig, that way it should kind of also work with other players: that is the reason that it feels like designed for players ;)