Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Acustica Audio are bringing Sienna to iOS

I'm sure they will create an official launch thread on release but Acustica Audio have said they will be bringing their Sienna headphone correction/studio and speaker sim software to iOS

https://www.sienna.studio

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:
    Mixing with AirPods? Enough to make me curious :)

That would be great

• Thanks @gusgranite .... here I was thinking I'm pretty happy with my set up and you swing this under my nose. Going off to trial it now....I hope I don't like it as much as I think I'm going to. If they have the full Guru part included in the iOS version I think they'll make a few sales, that looks really cool. Time to find out if the sound is as good as the promise.

• Is this the same thing as TB Morphit?

• @gregsmith said:
    Is this the same thing as TB Morphit?

Looks pretty similar

• @gregsmith said:

Headphone correction like Morphit but also room/monitor simulation I see from the blurb.

• edited March 2021

There’s a new app that I think (stress on the word think) works similar to these, with any headphones, i’ve downloaded it but I haven’t tried it yet. Maybe someone could confirm it’s usability.

Its called Fresh n’ Rebel. It’s free.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fresh-n-rebel-personal-sound/id1528971268

I do believe this is for audio listening more then audio mixing, mastering. Not sure how it would compare to the others.

• I didn’t realize acustica did one of those. I’ve been using morphit and now more recently morphit in conjunction with waves ocean way plugin on Mac and it works really well.

• @MadGav said:

@gregsmith said:

Headphone correction like Morphit but also room/monitor simulation I see from the blurb.

That sounds dope.

• I just wish something could correct BT audio latency so i could make jams with my airpods

• @BCKeys said:

@MadGav said:

@gregsmith said:

Yes! That's why I never adhered to Morphit, when you are used to a HD25, DT770 etc.. I don't see the point of simulating another headset

The big advantage of Sienna is to simulate a space with monitors, you can then mix everywhere, at the beach, in the train or in the toilet ☺️

I can't wait to try this thing !

I don’t use Morphit to simulate other headsets.
    I use it to flatten the frequency response curve of my own headset (Sennheiser HD-600)

It really does make a difference. Even with headphones that sound great on their own.

As soon as you disable/bypass Morphit, you realize that it is necessary for those occasions when you need to mix/master on headphones.

Just remember to never record through it.
    Keep it on a separate bus after your recording bus.
    When flexible bussing isn’t possible, turn it off when recording.

• Until October 1st, Acustica is giving away a free version of Sienna Pro which contains the best simulation in the full product - the Spitfire Mastering Suite with B&W speakers. This goes so much further than Sonarworks or Morphit as it's a simulation of the speakers and room, not just a correction profile for headphones. Waves have attempted something similar with their NX derived products (such as Abbey Road), but they're nowhere near as good as Sienna.

This is obviously a desktop plugin right now. But with luck, Sienna will use a similar promotion on iOS when the product is finally ready.

Using Sienna is the first time I've felt like I wasn't wearing headphones (a relatively new pair of Sennheizer HD 660s's, that replaced my trusty old HD 650's). The bass and lower mids really sound like a room and speakers. That's always the hardest aspect to mix on headphones. Also, the sound stage is more solid. Open-back headphones are very revealing in the upper mids and highs but the sound stage is far too wide. Instruments that sound like they have prominence in a headphone mix can disappear altogether via speakers.

The negatives are that it's fairly processor intensive and it introduces noticeable latency. If you care about the latency, track with something like Sonarworks or Morphit and save Sienna for when you're mixing and mastering.

As mentioned, the promotion only runs until October 1st so you have to have both installed and activated the plugin by that date.

One last thing of note. Sienna doesn't currently have a systemwide component, so you'll need to use something like Audio Hijack Pro on macOS or DDMF's Virtual Audio Stream if you want to use the plugin to listen to streaming services like Tidal, Spotify or Apple Music. Just make sure you have loudness normalisation disabled on your streaming services as they can colour the sound in a very negative manner. If you're technically minded you can also use the free Jack Audio Kit in place of Audio Hijack Pro or Virtual Audio Stream; but for the relatively low cost of the paid options, I think that's the better route to go.

Download Sienna Rooms Free from here: https://www.sienna.studio/

• i have it on desktop along with one of the room bundles. its great. pick one room and learn it and stick with it.

I'll sometimes use the cell phone, speaker, and car emulations as well to see how something will sound on a consumer product.

• One thing with the Spitfire Mastering Room is that you generally get a more honest response from the room simulation without the sub-bass simulated. The room with sub-bass is good for checking if you've overdone it on the bass front; this is especially important if you're creating music for club sound systems. A big flappy 'waffle' of bass is so easily created when mixing on headphones. These two Spitfire room treatments helps you tune things in a way that will translate equally well for radio, home hi-fi and club sound systems.

• From Zaphod, the Acustica Audio CEO:

There is currently NO WAY to process DRM-protected music in the Apple world, apart from being a close relative of Tim Cook (and by close relative I mean uncle, cousin, nephew or any relation of that order).
    Nothing and no one can process DRM protected music. EVER.

AUv3 is not a solution, because it's a plugin for a host that is supposed to load music anyway - and again to load music somewhere it has to be unprotected.
    However on Sienna, you can listen to podcasts when they are downloaded from iTunes and pretty much all of them work, or for your own music, that is, music NOT from streaming.
    As for streaming, all streaming services are revoking APIs from developers to avoid interference in royalty counting, so you can't have Spotify for example. There is still a window open for Tidal, which we are working on, but it's hard to make a prediction because it's not so much a development issue on our side as a "grant" issue on theirs.

All I can advise is to pray. Literally. To pray that the MacOS world does not become like IOS and is not merged together. But there was a CEO who said "you can't fight gravity". In fact, sooner or later all this will happen and it will be popcorn for everyone.

Acustica
    www.acustica-audio.com
    CEO
    What's coming next
    https://www.instagram.com/acusticaaudiog

• I’m not sure why he’s stuck on DRM-protected music?

• @gusgranite said:
    I’m not sure why he’s stuck on DRM-protected music?

Maybe someone asked about it?

• @uncledave said:

@gusgranite said:
    I’m not sure why he’s stuck on DRM-protected music?

Maybe someone asked about it?

Lol that’s not what I meant. I mean I’m not sure why DRM changed the whole model of the plugin (he originally said it was going to be AUv3).

• As things stand, this is as useful as a pair of skis for an otter.

The whole of my desktop experience goes through SIenna. Streamers require a nifty utility app from DDMF. And when producing in Ableton the VST3 works beautifully.

Yes, the latency sucks and it's very processor-heavy so be sure to have plenty of powerful cores.

I hate to use this phrase, but it has been a game-changer for my audio workflows; Sonarworks is banished never to return!

• @jonmoore said:
    As things stand, this is as useful as a pair of skis for an otter.

The whole of my desktop experience goes through SIenna. Streamers require a nifty utility app from DDMF. And when producing in Ableton the VST3 works beautifully.

Yes, the latency sucks and it's very processor-heavy so be sure to have plenty of powerful cores.

I hate to use this phrase, but it has been a game-changer for my audio workflows; Sonarworks is banished never to return!

About as useful as a chocolate teapot!

• @gusgranite said:

@jonmoore said:
    As things stand, this is as useful as a pair of skis for an otter.

About as useful as a chocolate teapot! :)

• edited October 2021

Really needs an option to play from local storage and obviously more headphone profiles. At that point it might have some use for checking mixes…