Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Time Stretching Examples

13»

Comments

• @soundtemple said:
    @espiegel123 Were you using the new IAP for higher quality time stretching on Segments?

As noted in my post revealing the order, the first is koala, the second the new pro algorithm and the third is the old sEGments algorithm.

• edited September 2021

Slightly sort of off topic, but I would love someone to do a direct IOS port of the Paulstretch algorithm for ultra ultra slooooooooow time stretching. You can virtually make a whole track out of a snare hit with that amazing thing…

https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

For this, I would pay.

• @Svetlovska said:
    Slightly sort of off topic, but I would love someone to do a direct IOS port of the Paulstretch algorithm for ultra ultra slooooooooow time stretching. You can virtually make a whole track out of a snare hit with that amazing thing…

https://xenakios.wordpress.com/paulxstretch-plugin/

For this, I would pay.

This one sounds excellent to my ears:
    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiostretch-lite/id647190921

Shame it’s not an AUv3 though 🤨

• @echoopera : hi, yes, I was an early advocate of the full version of this on this forum as being the nearest thing to Paulstretch, despite it being marketed as a riff-learner. It’s good, the best alternative we currently have for sure, I use it a lot for it’s stretching abilities - but it isn’t Paulstretch. That can quickly and efficiently convert samples out to literally hours of wild ambient sound if you want, and gives you a lot of tweakability over the process too.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @echoopera : hi, yes, I was an early advocate of the full version of this on this forum as being the nearest thing to Paulstretch, despite it being marketed as a riff-learner. It’s good, the best alternative we currently have for sure, I use it a lot for it’s stretching abilities - but it isn’t Paulstretch. That can quickly and efficiently convert samples out to literally hours of wild ambient sound if you want, and gives you a lot of tweakability over the process too.

Yeah PaulStretch is pretty amazing. Wish a dev would port it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    If you just listed the apps, no audio, I would have guessed BM3, Segments, Koala. After audio it’s clearly B, A, C to my ears. Koala, BM3, (very close) and segments in last.

Thanks @espiegel123 for doing this , this is a cool little test. I was hoping for better results from sEGments, but good to know the true quality of koala. I have all 3. Any others for comparison would be welcomed. I see you are working on it. Maybe break them into categories, either by type of app, or price, or whatever. I would definitely be interested in hearing a few of the other apps mentioned above just to see what my best options are….

Just a thought… Maybe use same samples with same everything just use 3 new apps. Instead of a long list, there will be 3 apps in each. Just thinking out loud. Lol.

Thanks again.

To be honest, in all the tests that I've done...even with different material, the relative quality has been similar when the tempo is slowed significantly. When the tempo is slowed less, the the differences are less noticeable.

Yea that makes sense. The more drastic the tempo change, the harder it would be for an app to stretch accordingly. Typically when I do stretch something I try to select something that’s “in the ballpark” tempo wise, for that very reason.

• I wonder how AUDIOSTRETCH and transcribe+ sounds compared to these ones, or even auditor

• @rickelal3 said:
    I wonder how AUDIOSTRETCH and transcribe+ sounds compared to these ones, or even auditor

Auditor was mentioned up-thread a bit: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/932378/#Comment_932378

• imo, Audiostretch is the closest one to Paulstretch.. great for sound experimentation

• wimwim
    edited September 2021

@echoopera said:

@Svetlovska said:
    @echoopera : hi, yes, I was an early advocate of the full version of this on this forum as being the nearest thing to Paulstretch, despite it being marketed as a riff-learner. It’s good, the best alternative we currently have for sure, I use it a lot for it’s stretching abilities - but it isn’t Paulstretch. That can quickly and efficiently convert samples out to literally hours of wild ambient sound if you want, and gives you a lot of tweakability over the process too.

Yeah PaulStretch is pretty amazing. Wish a dev would port it.

It's open source. Unfortunately it's GPL licensed though and that isn't compatible with the App Store. A developer would need to obtain a differently licensed version from the original author, which is theoretically possible.

https://www.fsf.org/blogs/licensing/more-about-the-app-store-gpl-enforcement