Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Quad Cortex

Anyone here on line to get Neural Dsp’s Quad Cortex. They just shipped the first batch today. I preordered one from Sweetwater. Hoping to get mine next month. Looks like a winner, but we’ll see!

Comments

• I finally received my QC back in June. A pretty impressive unit. Admittedly it is my first real amp modeler/capturer. I have never owned a Kemper, Helix or an Axe FX but I know what I like. Great tones, user friendly, great connection possibilities. I actually mostly use it now in conjunction with my iPad/AUM to record tracks of the effected signal as well as the D.I. signal which I can then reamp or just add some of the many FX apps I’ve got on my iPad. I’ve still only scratched the surface of what it can do.

The Quad Cortex still has a ways to go to catch up to some of some of the aforementioned modelers but I believe it’ll get there. Neural has already had a few updates to advance their product and many more being worked on. It may take some time but they’re on the right track.

• The interface (screen) looks exactly like the Helix. This thing is really expensive!. No GAS on this one.

• @tahiche said:
    The interface (screen) looks exactly like the Helix. This thing is really expensive!. No GAS on this one.

Respectfully disagree, at least for now. The demand is still there almost a year after it’s release. I could still resell my unit for more money than I paid for it if I was interested. I’m not!

• @Philh0954 said:

@tahiche said:
    The interface (screen) looks exactly like the Helix. This thing is really expensive!. No GAS on this one.

Respectfully disagree, at least for now. The demand is still there almost a year after it’s release. I could still resell my unit for more money than I paid for it if I was interested. I’m not!

That was a totally subjective and personal comment. I’m sure it’s amazing and I’d love to try it out. About the UI, you have to admit the layout and icons are just like the Helix. No?.
    It’s a curious market with these devices indeed, I sold my Helix for more than I bought it. Until one day you don’t… probably when the new model comes out.

• @tahiche said:

@Philh0954 said:

@tahiche said:

That was a totally subjective and personal comment. I’m sure it’s amazing and I’d love to try it out. About the UI, you have to admit the layout and icons are just like the Helix. No?.
    It’s a curious market with these devices indeed, I sold my Helix for more than I bought it. Until one day you don’t… probably when the new model comes out.

There certainly are similarities between the two products but since I never owned a Helix or any other high end modeler, I was ready to jump in somewhere. I guess I chose the Quad Cortex a bit out of impulse and I really love the simplicity of the form factor given my lack of experience with modelers in general. I suppose I could have waited for the Fractal FM9 or any of the others I mentioned but honestly, the learning curve seemed too steep for me. This one fits me pretty well.