Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

How to convert (or use) Kontakt samples in Logic or iPad?

edited March 2021 in Other

I have a set of UilleannPipes from KelanRooney_KONTAKT on Piano Book, going to have a go at creating a decent sample presets file does anyone know how to handle the different type of note, i.e. open, close :

Drones Close B0.wav
Drones Room B0.wav
Longs Close rr1 a3.wav
Longs Room rr1 a3.wav
Staccato Room rr5 b3.wav

Not the note value just the fact the a pipes not can be a different tone.

Thanks

Comments

• Audiolayer, or Koala Sampler is your friend. Seriously...
    A. Audiolayer would be the go-to if you want to use them as an AUv3.
    B. Koala Sampler if you want to have them as handy samples that you can trigger with drumpads, or easily share the project with multiple devices, and platforms.

Here’s a short video where I shared my thought process on both apps, and how I import the stems on Audiolayer.

Some other applications like Beatmaker 3, and Nanostudio 2 have their unique ways for this. I haven’t fully dived into them for this but I believe you can do this. These are more DAW specific solutions, which is why I don’t necessarily use them often.

• Thank you, was going to try with Decent Sampler as need to be able to play in Logic preferably, but will watch your video! :-)

• If you’re playing in logic, won’t decent sampler work? In just read about that the other day. But, one way to make samples of that in the logic sampler is to use the auto sampler, that might help to get it into sampler (formerly exs24).

• Here you go. You can use this method to sample any vst from logic and use on an iPad

This is how to do it from FL Studio

• But the samples are in Kontakt format not Decent Sampler format.

• Try Chicken Sys Translator, but it's hit or miss. Well more miss than hit :-) and you can't convert kontakt V6 libraries dues to the proprietary format.

• @NimboStratus said:
    But the samples are in Kontakt format not Decent Sampler format.

Are the samples in Kontakt format or just the instrument? Probably the lattter..,in which case you could construct an instrument using the samples.

• @jazzmess said:
    Try Chicken Sys Translator, but it's hit or miss. Well more miss than hit :-) and you can't convert kontakt V6 libraries dues to the proprietary format.

I’ve always avoided it as most users I know have had issues with it. It supposedly coverts just about any format, but it sounds pretty flaky based on the frustrations I have heard from people.