Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

MPC as some kind of heart/brain ...

Hi all!
Hope you all are okay. I got a couple of synths, a little mixer, nothing fancy - and been looking for something to tie them all together. Yes, I could use the iPad, and do sometimes. However, sometimes I would be able to just jam dawlessly. What do you guys use?
I also happen to be in need of a drum synth/rhythms to comp me while jamming.
So I have been looking at a MPC One. Seems really comprehensive, able, etc. Is it worth it? Money well spent?
What say you, fellow musicians/nerds/whatever - should I instead put my money on a Digitakt, use that for sequencing stuff (seems a bit limited-i love playing fat chords, am a pianist), or perhaps reach for a Model:Cycles - man, I love the sounds of that. Sequencing there, too. Or is Rolands TR-6s the better pick here. Small, but really capable. FM, samples, etc.
You get it. I’m in some deep shit here - choices choices ;)
Nah. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with any of the mentioned machines. Would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks. /Simon from Sweden (Which points me straight at Elektron stuff, right? ;)

Comments

• About twenty years ago I used an MPC2000XL, after that an MPC1000 (timing wasn’t good I remember) and at last an MPC60 (primarily for sequencing hardware). Sold all my gear and a few years ago started with iOS. Last year it tickled and I got myself a Moog Grandmother and now also have a small Eurorack setup. After having seen a MPC One I became curious and also thought of a Digitakt. I decided to go for the Akai MPC One because of its features (also has CV/gate) and because I was familiar with MPC’s. Still think it was a good choice, the MPC still amazes me....but beware: there IS a learning curve and you WILL need to spend some time with it to get used to (and) find some of its functions. It’s a versatile machine that handles samples and outboard gear but also contains a drumsynth, bassynth and a electric piano. Sample editing is quite easy once you get the hang of it. You can tap in your drums, use the XOX sequencer, draw automation, play notes, chords, progressions etc. At the moment I’m awaiting an Expert Sleepers ES-9 to create a connection between my Eurorack stuff and iOS synths, effects and modular stuff to eventually sample a lot and sequence it within the MPC. Personally I see it as “the best of both worlds”. In short: I would recommend the MPC One but only if you are willing to give it the time needed.

• These guys do a lot of work with the MPC as a hub

Tefty & Meems plus they make some nice grooves.

• @SimRed I suggest you take a closer look to Akai Force . I have Mpc One but I think Force is better because of the Clip style recording / playback .
    This is what I miss from MpcOne since the only way to sample in bars is using the Looper ,but it doesn't support assigning on the fly to a pad and live loop

Rumors say that in current beta it will get disk streaming , meaning no restriction to audio tracks bacause of RAM ,lso it has an arranger which many people love it and compare it with a DAW ,plus more Qlinks ...

• The current crop of MPC’s (Live, X, One) are really great as a centerpiece ever since the 2.8 OS update where they added multitimbral MIDI. You can even sequence iOS apps from them (my buddy does it with his X).

• @Apex said:
    The current crop of MPC’s (Live, X, One) are really great as a centerpiece ever since the 2.8 OS update where they added multitimbral MIDI. You can even sequence iOS apps from them (my buddy does it with his X).

Noice!

• @SimRed said:
    Hi all!
    Hope you all are okay. I got a couple of synths, a little mixer, nothing fancy - and been looking for something to tie them all together. Yes, I could use the iPad, and do sometimes. However, sometimes I would be able to just jam dawlessly. What do you guys use?
    I also happen to be in need of a drum synth/rhythms to comp me while jamming.
    So I have been looking at a MPC One. Seems really comprehensive, able, etc. Is it worth it? Money well spent?
    What say you, fellow musicians/nerds/whatever - should I instead put my money on a Digitakt, use that for sequencing stuff (seems a bit limited-i love playing fat chords, am a pianist), or perhaps reach for a Model:Cycles - man, I love the sounds of that. Sequencing there, too. Or is Rolands TR-6s the better pick here. Small, but really capable. FM, samples, etc.
    You get it. I’m in some deep shit here - choices choices ;)
    Nah. However, I would love to hear from anyone who has experience with any of the mentioned machines. Would you recommend? Any help appreciated. Thanks. /Simon from Sweden (Which points me straight at Elektron stuff, right? ;)

I can’t offer my opinion on things I don’t own like the Digitakt or the Roland but I do own an MPC Live 2 and it’s rock solid. The MPC One is basically the same software , more hardware buttons etc. I did end up buying a 5 pin midi to usb a to use it to sequence apps on my iPad . I run AUM and load all my apps and plugins, the sequence with the MPC . Then record the Audio in AUM and use the stems inside whatever Daw I want to use it with.