Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Artemyev: Atom 2 and aPolyvoks together at last :)

edited March 2021 in Creations

Inspired by discovering the AU update to the excellent, eccentric and free aPolyvoks ‘Soviet style’ synth https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apolyvoks/id1456476986 and Atom 2 https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/atom-piano-roll-2/id1536259776 on the same day, I had to bring these two together in a tribute to two other great Soviet things, the 1972 sci fi movie Solaris, and the ambient-anticipating pioneering electronic soundtrack for it by Eduard Artemyev.

Just four instances of the synth, sequenced from hand drawn loops made in Atom 2, and a little light reverb from Alteza, BLEASS and Zero, all sounds from the aPolyvoks. Thank you, @blueveek and @ashekochikhin! Enjoy! (I hope) :)

Comments

• Very inspiring!

You should add VirtualANS to this as well!

• edited March 2021

@cian : good thought, the weird Soviet synth Olympics :) I’ve got it, could have done it, but, hey - I didn’t think of it. It really would have fitted in too. (Just checked Wikipedia - Artemyev started his career on the real ANS - doh!) I could have taken the still from Solaris I used for the SoundCloud and found out what it sounded like... Damn. Might have to go do a remix now... :)

• Do a second track and call it Stalker :)

• :) Might just do that...

• @Svetlovska said:
    Inspired by discovering the AU update to the excellent, eccentric and free aPolyvoks ‘Soviet style’ synth https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/apolyvoks/id1456476986 and Atom 2 https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/atom-piano-roll-2/id1536259776 on the same day, I had to bring these two together in a tribute to two other great Soviet things, the 1972 sci fi movie Solaris, and the ambient-anticipating pioneering electronic soundtrack for it by Eduard Artemyev.

Nice job & great inspiration from a truly great film, filmmaker and musician 👏

• edited March 2021

Great music for a Roadside Picnic 😁

• @Krupa said:
    Great music for a Roadside Picnic 😁

Zoned out while stalkers steal my sandwiches.

• edited March 2021

@barabajagal : thank you! Yes indeed. Saw Solaris, 1972 vintage the first time a year ago (after I saw the Clooney remake, which I guess was a sci fi film just not that sci fi film) , and images and ideas from it have stayed with me like few other things I have seen. And I can’t even work out why...

I have yet to see Stalker, though the book Roadside Picnic (thank you too, @Krupa :) ) it was based on is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. I played the video game based on it (!) and it seems to me by repute anyway that at least two recent, and rather good, sci fi films I have seen owe it a pretty heavy debt in different ways: Arrival, and, much more directly, Annihilation? Stalker is definitely high on my must-see list now.

• The book Annihilation definitely is influenced by it (read the books Annihilation was based upon if you haven't), though the movie Stalker is much better.

Honestly though, you can't go wrong with any Tarkovsky film. Mirror, Ivan's Childhood (one of the most gut wrenching war films - though it has competition from half a dozen other Soviet war films)...

• I put off/saved Stalker for years, it’s my perfect film I think, just beautiful. The book is great too, I wouldn’t know what to recommend first though...