Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

18687888991

Comments

  • edited November 2021

    @LarsDaniel said:

    I have only used Atom for 10 minutes, but it already has me worried about its CPU usage. As in, I put down five notes and then I zoomed out and instantly I had audio ticks (short glitches). So it seems that zooming in and out gives a huge spike in CPU use.
    I was in a project that was comfortably around 55-60% CPU (in AUM) and then a bit of zoom in Atom sends it glitching.🤷🏼‍♂️ I would take slower zoom over audio glitches any day.
    (I use a 2021 M1 iPad Pro.)
    Also I was surprised that only one instance of Atom 2 sent the CPU from 55-60% to the start 70s. (Granted, I could raise the buffer size and have a bit more CPU headroom.)
    Anyways, I hope that the CPU-spike-when-zooming is fixable, because Atom 2 does seem very promising.

    something else is going on, atom uses almost no CPU power. try reinstalling it or first try it on its own and see how many instances you can add before it begins to affect CPU (should be a lot)

  • @vasilymilovidov said:
    @LarsDaniel said:

    I have only used Atom for 10 minutes, but it already has me worried about its CPU usage. As in, I put down five notes and then I zoomed out and instantly I had audio ticks (short glitches). So it seems that zooming in and out gives a huge spike in CPU use.
    I was in a project that was comfortably around 55-60% CPU (in AUM) and then a bit of zoom in Atom sends it glitching.🤷🏼‍♂️ I would take slower zoom over audio glitches any day.
    (I use a 2021 M1 iPad Pro.)
    Also I was surprised that only one instance of Atom 2 sent the CPU from 55-60% to the start 70s. (Granted, I could raise the buffer size and have a bit more CPU headroom.)
    Anyways, I hope that the CPU-spike-when-zooming is fixable, because Atom 2 does seem very promising.

    something else is going on, atom uses almost no CPU power. try reinstalling it or first try it on its own and see how many instances you can add before it begins to affect CPU (should be a lot)

    Thanks, will try that.

  • I have tried various things now, but I suspect that Atom 2 does not like the buffer size 128 in AUM. When I am at buffer size 256 it behaves in a more "normal" way. As in, I can see that zooming affects CPU, but there are no huge spikes causing the audio to glitch.

  • wimwim
    edited November 2021

    @LarsDaniel said:
    I have tried various things now, but I suspect that Atom 2 does not like the buffer size 128 in AUM. When I am at buffer size 256 it behaves in a more "normal" way. As in, I can see that zooming affects CPU, but there are no huge spikes causing the audio to glitch.

    I'm running Atom2 on an iPad Air 2 and don't see anything like what you're reporting, even at buffer size 128. Something is wrong here.

    Maybe try rebooting your iPad?

  • @wim said:

    @LarsDaniel said:
    I have tried various things now, but I suspect that Atom 2 does not like the buffer size 128 in AUM. When I am at buffer size 256 it behaves in a more "normal" way. As in, I can see that zooming affects CPU, but there are no huge spikes causing the audio to glitch.

    I'm running Atom2 on an iPad Air 2 and don't see anything like what you're reporting, even at buffer size 128. Something is wrong here.

    Maybe try rebooting your iPad?

    Will do some more testing. And yes, I have tried rebooting the iPad.

  • Help with Atom 2 velocity please!!! I’m recording MIDI drum tracks using one shot samples in Koala. I’m finger drumming on a velocity sensitive Launchkey mini. It records well and at the played volume, but when Atom 2 starts looping it seems to play at the lowest velocity so the volume drops off significantly. I seem to be noticing this behavior (ie Atom not capturing as-played velocity) with some synths that are velocity sensitive. Is there a setting I’m missing to make sure Atom 2 is capturing MIDI velocity? TIA

  • @Whadubber said:
    Help with Atom 2 velocity please!!! I’m recording MIDI drum tracks using one shot samples in Koala. I’m finger drumming on a velocity sensitive Launchkey mini. It records well and at the played volume, but when Atom 2 starts looping it seems to play at the lowest velocity so the volume drops off significantly. I seem to be noticing this behavior (ie Atom not capturing as-played velocity) with some synths that are velocity sensitive. Is there a setting I’m missing to make sure Atom 2 is capturing MIDI velocity? TIA

    Have you looked at the output with a MIDI monitor to see if there is perhaps a cc recorded that is changing the instruments volume? you can also use a monitor to see if Atom is playing back at a different velocity than was played.

  • @LarsDaniel said:
    Will do some more testing. And yes, I have tried rebooting the iPad.

    Did you try disabling animations? If not, you can disable it in the Set Config menu.

  • edited November 2021

    I need some honest opinions on Atom 2, as its on sale.

    I already have Helium and LK. I love Helium but it’s not for live, more composition. I like LK but is not perfectly stable for live so it’s more for production.

    How is Atom 2: stability and live use? But also, it seems to have a deep learning curve. I’m not too much afraid of that usually, I like complexity, but some apps don’t talk to me and Atom 2 seems to be just really unusable without diving in the manual. I love deep apps you can learn by using and exploring them without referring too much to manual. And also there is concern about support in long term. I bought version 1, some things have never been fixed. Is version 2 mostly free of bugs? It’s not about price, more about investing some time in a workflow with little to no support.

    Helium and LK have top quality support BTW.

  • @Janosax said:
    I need some honest opinions on Atom 2, as its on sale.

    I already have Helium and LK. I love Helium but it’s not for live, more composition. I like LK but is not perfectly stable for live so it’s more for production.

    How is Atom 2: stability and live use? But also, it seems to have a deep learning curve. I’m not too much afraid of that usually, I like complexity, but some apps don’t talk to me and Atom 2 seems to be just really unusable without diving in the manual. I love deep apps you can learn by using and exploring them without referring too much to manual. And also there is concern about support in long term. I bought version 1, some things have never been fixed. Is version 2 mostly free of bugs? It’s not about price, more about investing some time in a workflow with little to no support.

    Helium and LK have top quality support BTW.

    Depends on your particular needs but Helium meets much better than Atom 2 does and is regularly updated.

  • Looking for some direction on I guess script writing in Atom 2.

    In the end I'd like to midi map "+1" Bar (on a CC) and "-1" Bar (on CC) from my midi keyboard.

    Any advice or direction before I dive deep is greatly appreciated, thanks!

  • wimwim
    edited December 2021

    @BongoJak said:
    Looking for some direction on I guess script writing in Atom 2.

    In the end I'd like to midi map "+1" Bar (on a CC) and "-1" Bar (on CC) from my midi keyboard.

    Any advice or direction before I dive deep is greatly appreciated, thanks!

    Unfortunately I don't think that's possible unless there's some set of undocumented APIs. I see stuff in there about starting and stopping clips, but nothing about positioning the playback head.

    https://github.com/victorporof/atom

  • edited December 2021

    @wim said:
    Unfortunately I don't think that's possible unless there's some set of undocumented APIs. I see stuff in there about starting and stopping clips, but nothing about positioning the playback head.

    https://github.com/victorporof/atom

    Thanks! I found the same thing, been searching this form but I figured I'd ask.

  • @BongoJak said:

    @wim said:
    Unfortunately I don't think that's possible unless there's some set of undocumented APIs. I see stuff in there about starting and stopping clips, but nothing about positioning the playback head.

    https://github.com/victorporof/atom

    Thanks! I found the same thing, been search this form but I figured I'd ask.

    Maybe your post will catch the eye of the developer, @blueveek. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from him here for awhile.

  • @wim said:

    @BongoJak said:

    @wim said:
    Unfortunately I don't think that's possible unless there's some set of undocumented APIs. I see stuff in there about starting and stopping clips, but nothing about positioning the playback head.

    https://github.com/victorporof/atom

    Thanks! I found the same thing, been search this form but I figured I'd ask.

    Maybe your post will catch the eye of the developer, @blueveek. Unfortunately, we haven't heard from him here for awhile.

    I’ve had some contact with him on Twitter just a few days ago…
    I said to him that we really missed him here on the AB forum…
    He promised to get back to us soon - had to get some rest…

  • I'm trying to figure out what these running lines mean, constantly redrawing themselves when the loop restarts, is it some kind of indication of automation? even though I didn't record any

  • Hello again! Anyone know if a way to MUTE certain midi notes in a pattern and leave others going? … let’s say I have a drum pattern (midi notes) and I want to mute everything but the kick (CC115). Thanks for the help!

  • @Mo13 said:
    I'm trying to figure out what these running lines mean, constantly redrawing themselves when the loop restarts, is it some kind of indication of automation? even though I didn't record any

    That almost looks like it's part of a particular style sheet shading. I can't think of anything about the actual MIDI that would do that. Have you tried switching to one of the other style sheets?

  • Hmmm.. what does this mean? A Bug?

  • @Lorichs said:
    Hmmm.. what does this mean? A Bug?

    Perhaps related to the active style?

  • @blueveek don’t know. I just setup the midi and the numbers of bars and hit record. I think that i was a bit clumsy when i stopped the recording and i might have hit some random buttons.
    But it just seems to be some kind graphical thing that doesn’t affect the midi output.

  • wimwim
    edited January 26

    @Lorichs said:
    @blueveek don’t know. I just setup the midi and the numbers of bars and hit record. I think that i was a bit clumsy when i stopped the recording and i might have hit some random buttons.
    But it just seems to be some kind graphical thing that doesn’t affect the midi output.

    Did you try changing the stylesheet as recommended? I'm just curious if this is stylesheet related or not. It won't explain what caused it probably though.

    I'm also curious what would happen if you copied the pattern into a different Atom 2 instance.

    No-one else has reported this, so, figuring out the cause and/or how to reproduce it is the only way it can get fixed.

  • In Piano Roll 1 there was a feature called "stretch". I can't find this in Piano Roll 2. Has it been removed? Renamed?

  • @kc2dpt said:
    In Piano Roll 1 there was a feature called "stretch". I can't find this in Piano Roll 2. Has it been removed? Renamed?

    Stretch didn’t make it into V2

  • @kc2dpt said:
    In Piano Roll 1 there was a feature called "stretch". I can't find this in Piano Roll 2. Has it been removed? Renamed?

    There's a workaround if you're really desperate...

    • Record your pattern into atom1
    • Stretch
    • Record it back into atom2
  • @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

  • @Pierre118 said:
    @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

    I would assume so - but best to wait for official news from Viktor/Blueveek.

    He hasn’t abandoned iOS, no matter what some people suggest.

  • @tk32 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

    I would assume so - but best to wait for official news from Viktor/Blueveek.

    He hasn’t abandoned iOS, no matter what some people suggest.

    I hope so, he promised to update it.

  • @Pierre118 said:

    @tk32 said:

    @Pierre118 said:
    @tk32 will there be any updates coming for Atom 2?

    I would assume so - but best to wait for official news from Viktor/Blueveek.

    He hasn’t abandoned iOS, no matter what some people suggest.

    I hope so, he promised to update it.

    Presumably he’s been busy developing automation 😉

  • does anyone know if it's possible to import a multi-channel midi clip to one pattern, with the channels preserved (multi filter mode)?
    right now when i import, it separates each midi channel into different patterns.
    thanks!

Sign In or Register to comment.