Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

1246788

Comments

  • Congratulations and Thanks too @blueveek !

  • edited March 15

    @Svetlovska If you haven’t worked it out yet (select Edit Sidebar)

  • I never owned Atom1, I arrived here with all the Atom2 hype so I thought I’d just wait. Glad it’s finally here!.
    I didn’t what the price would be, it’s very reasonably priced. I’d say it’s too cheap for the amount of work put into it. Thanks!.

  • such a great app. loving it.

    the only issue i've had so far is icons having difficulties responding to apple pencil.

  • @tahiche said:
    I never owned Atom1, I arrived here with all the Atom2 hype so I thought I’d just wait. Glad it’s finally here!.
    I didn’t what the price would be, it’s very reasonably priced. I’d say it’s too cheap for the amount of work put into it. Thanks!.

    Thank you! There's a few clearly missing features because of the "early" release, so I definitely wanted the price to be fair and at least take that into consideration :)

  • @vasilymilovidov said:
    such a great app. loving it.

    the only issue i've had so far is icons having difficulties responding to apple pencil.

    Apple Pencil is optimized for note entry, while touch is recommended for pressing things like buttons. However, this quirk is known and there's no reason why it can't work perfectly with buttons too.

  • @vasilymilovidov said:
    such a great app. loving it.

    the only issue i've had so far is icons having difficulties responding to apple pencil.

    Having the same problem.... also not very responsive to finger touch. Finding I have to hit an icon 2-3 Tim’s before it opens.

  • Thanks a lot! Instant buy :)

  • @blueveek said:

    @tahiche said:
    I never owned Atom1, I arrived here with all the Atom2 hype so I thought I’d just wait. Glad it’s finally here!.
    I didn’t what the price would be, it’s very reasonably priced. I’d say it’s too cheap for the amount of work put into it. Thanks!.

    Thank you! There's a few clearly missing features because of the "early" release, so I definitely wanted the price to be fair and at least take that into consideration :)

    You are a good man. Thanks for your thoughtful consideration and congrats on the huge release. Quite an accomplishment!

  • i didn’t see , but is there velocity editing for notes?

  • @eross said:
    i didn’t see , but is there velocity editing for notes?

    Yes, bottom-right "process" button, pick "velocity". Processing is on all notes if there's no selection, or only on selected notes if there is one. You can also add "chaos" in the same panel.

  • edited March 15

    Heyyy I just submitted some info on your support page about ui issue in drambo, this is what it will look like when it happens.

    I expect it to be easily recreated just by fiddling with everything. First time it happened was after switching between scales on selected notes. Last time was after making a snapshot with Patterns

  • It seems to be broken for me on my iPad Air 3.

  • @shazbot said:
    Heyyy I just submitted some info on your support page about ui issue in drambo, this is what it will look like when it happens.

    Thanks, I'll look into it. Please also let me know if it still happens after the 2.0.1 update that's dropping in a day or so. Are you using both touch and mouse/pencil at the same time?

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It seems to be broken for me on my iPad Air 3.

    2.0 requires iCloud Drive to be enabled, it will be resolved in 2.0.1 which is coming out shortly.

  • edited March 15

    Cool, thanks again!

    EDIT - I overlooked you question. Was just using my fingers

  • edited March 15

    What desktop-based software would you compare this with? As a shorter way to explain what it offers.

  • edited March 15

    @ashh said:
    What desktop-based software would you compare this with?

    Ableton without audio

  • edited March 15

    @blueveek said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It seems to be broken for me on my iPad Air 3.

    2.0 requires iCloud Drive to be enabled, it will be resolved in 2.0.1 which is coming out shortly.

    It’s enabled here. Even have 46 GB free.

  • @blueveek said:

    @eross said:
    i didn’t see , but is there velocity editing for notes?

    Yes, bottom-right "process" button, pick "velocity". Processing is on all notes if there's no selection, or only on selected notes if there is one. You can also add "chaos" in the same panel.

    is it the velocity offset slider? or is there just a regular velocity slider ?

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @blueveek said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It seems to be broken for me on my iPad Air 3.

    2.0 requires iCloud Drive to be enabled, it will be resolved in 2.0.1 which is coming out shortly.

    It’s enabled here. Even have 46 GB free.

    I'll look into it as soon as the crash reports hit. Otherwise, please wait for the 2.0.1 update tomorrow which tries to fix the iCloud issue. Or perhaps you want to join the beta and help me with this?

  • @blueveek said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:

    @blueveek said:

    @gonekrazy3000 said:
    It seems to be broken for me on my iPad Air 3.

    2.0 requires iCloud Drive to be enabled, it will be resolved in 2.0.1 which is coming out shortly.

    It’s enabled here. Even have 46 GB free.

    I'll look into it as soon as the crash reports hit. Otherwise, please wait for the 2.0.1 update tomorrow which tries to fix the iCloud issue. Or perhaps you want to join the beta and help me with this?

    Yes. I wouldn’t mind joining the beta to help fix it.

  • Ok so 2.0.1 does seem to fix it. If anyone has the issue I had it will be fixed very soon :smiley:

  • @gonekrazy3000 said:
    Ok so 2.0.1 does seem to fix it. If anyone has the issue I had it will be fixed very soon :smiley:

    Wohoo! Thank goodness, I was worried as hell.

  • Congrats on the release @blueveek

    Couple questions, is it possible to import midi that has multiple layers (I don’t know the technical term) and have it import into Atom. So far when testing Its only showing one part (layer)

    It’d be nice to be able to have each Separate element land on the clipboard automatically for future use on import.

    Also I’m loving the ‘move’ tab but would it be possible to also get NanoStudio 2 type of ‘note movers’ where it doesn’t require lots of tapping and can instead be slid left-right and up-down without having to touch the piano roll itself and risking messing up the composition.

    @onerez said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:
    such a great app. loving it.

    the only issue i've had so far is icons having difficulties responding to apple pencil.

    Having the same problem.... also not very responsive to finger touch. Finding I have to hit an icon 2-3 Tim’s before it opens.

    Same here

  • @blueveek said:

    @vasilymilovidov said:
    such a great app. loving it.

    the only issue i've had so far is icons having difficulties responding to apple pencil.

    Apple Pencil is optimized for note entry, while touch is recommended for pressing things like buttons. However, this quirk is known and there's no reason why it can't work perfectly with buttons too.

    Bought straight away without waiting for the upgrade package. Looks good but I can't seem to use the pencil anywhere except for in the note editor. This is on an iPad Pro 12.9 2020 with Apple Pencil 2.

  • @ipadbeatmaking said:
    Congrats on the release @blueveek

    Couple questions, is it possible to import midi that has multiple layers (I don’t know the technical term) and have it import into Atom. So far when testing Its only showing one part (layer)

    It’d be nice to be able to have each Separate element land on the clipboard automatically for future use on import.

    Agreed, and in the works. The plan is to import each channel (lane? layer?) into its own Pattern (see the Patterns menu).

    Also I’m loving the ‘move’ tab but would it be possible to also get NanoStudio 2 type of ‘note movers’ where it doesn’t require lots of tapping and can instead be slid left-right and up-down without having to touch the piano roll itself and risking messing up the composition.

    It wouldn't be too hard to implement, but not on the roadmap for now. Much higher priority things to do :)

  • I'm a ZenBeats user. It seems to work. What does 'limited support' mean in this context please?

  • Reallllly loving the patterns section of this!

  • Hi @blueveek , thank you indeed for this great new version of Atom! I have one question: after importing a midifile you have to manually adjust the number of bars to play the full length of that imported file in Atom; is it possible to let Atom adjust the number of needed bars in the pianoroll for an imported midifile automatically?

Sign In or Register to comment.