Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Atom | Piano Roll 2 is now available

Comments

• edited March 2021

@wim said:
    I really hope it gets considered. I know I’m never going to want to have that many instances of any app in my AUM setup. It wouldmake me go nuts. I would prefer to have just one atom per target app.

I did consider and decided against it during the beta. I even took a stab and implemented it for the most part. Some reasons were technical, but many were fundamental to the "modular mayhem" design. But, yeah... it's growing on me :)

• Are there "official" tutorial videos for all of these amazing features?

• @blueveek said:

@wim said:
    I really hope it gets considered. I know I’m never going to want to have that many instances of any app in my AUM setup. It wouldmake me go nuts. I would prefer to have just one atom per target app.

I did consider and decided against it during the beta. I even took a stab and implemented it for the most part. Some reasons were technical, but many were fundamental to the "modular mayhem" design. But, yeah... it's growing on me :)

I'm a product manager in my work life and sometimes reading customer comments approaches torture. You'd make a good product manager given your willingness to engage and listen!

• Since you have to press launch, you might as well just press the corresponding pattern number inside rozeta instead to change patterns... but maybe this could find a deeper use along the road.
    If atom could auto change patterns tho! That would be mega

• edited March 2021

@reasOne said:

Since you have to press launch, you might as well just press the corresponding pattern number inside rozeta instead to change patterns... but maybe this could find a deeper use along the road.

I think the point was that each pattern in Rozeta is now a pad on Launchpad controllers. The video shows how to "give" other AUs Launchpad support, by having Atom act as an "intermediary" between the controller and other plugins.

• @blueveek said:

@reasOne said:

Since you have to press launch, you might as well just press the corresponding pattern number inside rozeta instead to change patterns... but maybe this could find a deeper use along the road.

I think the point was that each pattern in Rozeta is now a pad on Launchpad controllers. The video shows how to "give" other AUs Launchpad support, by having Atom act as an "intermediary" between the controller and other plugins.

Ahh the Ol launchpad, i might have to get one someday

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

@reasOne said:

@blueveek said:

@reasOne said:

That is seeming more inevitable every day. 😂

• edited March 2021

@winconway it seems that the visuals really slow the whole thing down on my iPad. Once there’s a few other things going on.

I have an AUM project that sits around 52% cpu when playing. Atom 2 takes forever to open when that’s playing and the UI is all buggy and super slow to respond. Even closed with 34% cpu A2 behaves similarly. All the other apps in there open fine, fast, and act normal. It’s all AU,not IAA or AB.

On a side note, is there going to be an option to turn off all the animations? They’re really distracting and, for me, unpleasant. Otherwise, A2 is phenomenal.

Also, can you no longer audition notes on the piano roll keyboard?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited March 2021
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @wim said:

@reasOne said:

@blueveek said:

@reasOne said:

Ya ! That launchpad pro mk3 seems worth the investment, having all the mutes/solo buttons available without menu diving ,scales and other features make me think it’s worth the extra money over the launchpad X or mini. I like the mini size but it is more menu diving and overall less features

• Is there an alternative somewhere to learning how to use this besides videos?

@slicetwo said:
    @winconway it seems that the visuals really slow the whole thing down on my iPad. Once there’s a few other things going on.

I have an AUM project that sits around 52% cpu when playing. Atom 2 takes forever to open when that’s playing and the UI is all buggy and super slow to respond. Even closed with 34% cpu A2 behaves similarly. All the other apps in there open fine, fast, and act normal. It’s all AU,not IAA or AB.

On a side note, is there going to be an option to turn off all the animations? They’re really distracting and, for me, unpleasant. Otherwise, A2 is phenomenal.

Can you DM a project for us and give us your full specs like iPad model/iOS version and Latency settings in AUM, that would be great if you can.

I can send you the file, but will you have all the plugins and such?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @winconway said:

@motmeister said:
    Is there an alternative somewhere to learning how to use this besides videos?

Yes, Tom is working on a manual at the moment.

@slicetwo said:

@slicetwo said:

Can you DM a project for us and give us your full specs like iPad model/iOS version and Latency settings in AUM, that would be great if you can.

I can send you the file, but will you have all the plugins and such?

Hopefully yes.

I look forward to it. The app is complicated because it’s good. A manual will be fabulous.

• still having issues with atom in drambo :(

• @vasilymilovidov said:
    still having issues with atom in drambo :(

@blueveek is aware of the problem. I’m also waiting for a fix, but I am also trying to be patient as Atom 2 is brand new. I’m sure he’ll work out all the kinks soon.

• @reasOne said:

@blueveek said:

@reasOne said:

@wim said:

@reasOne said:

@blueveek said:

@reasOne said:

Wait, I thought it was you that just got one?

someone just posted pics of their new Launchpad pro MK3

Anyway... I just got mine today 🤙

• @winconway said:

Another quickee video, this is one of my favourite bits of PR2, using it to upgrade some of my favourite plugins to get all of PR2s launching and hardware integration capabilities, in this instance the absolutely mighty bassline by @brambos

Man, I had no idea you could just double click/press to add new nodes in Aum! A small but significant feature!

• @aleyas said:

@winconway said:

Another quickee video, this is one of my favourite bits of PR2, using it to upgrade some of my favourite plugins to get all of PR2s launching and hardware integration capabilities, in this instance the absolutely mighty bassline by @brambos

Man, I had no idea you could just double click/press to add new nodes in Aum! A small but significant feature!

How did you add nodes then??

• @gusgranite said:

@aleyas said:

@winconway said:

Dragging a node up reveals a +1 button to add new node. Double tap is waaaaay faster

• @aleyas said:

@gusgranite said:

@aleyas said:

@winconway said:

Dragging a node up reveals a +1 button to add new node. Double tap is waaaaay faster

Ha that’s what I’ve been doing, great to see that a double tap does the trick!

• wow ya, double tap to add empty node is awesome, did not know that. I still wish it were possible to duplicate individual nodes tho, that would be super sick

• @aleyas said:

@gusgranite said:

@aleyas said:

@winconway said:

Lol. I didn’t even know about the up drag thing.

• @ALB said:
    One thing that I would like would be some kind of follow actions for the patterns (possibly a bit like StepPolyArp). Or, if that's a no go, some way to automatically choose and trigger those patterns through external midi. Or is this already possible? Watched some of Gavinski's tutorial, but haven't finished it.

Haven't read all of the rest (GOING TO, PROMISE), but heavy yes on the SPA follow. So far, must say I love this thing, especially (of course) for AUM. Am having trouble with the Apple pencil on the outside menu choices, but works fine inputting notes etc.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Intrepolicious said:
    In other news, Atom 2 came out just in time for my 4 day mini- vacation. The GF asked if we were going to do anything to which I replied “ I don’t know honey, maybe we’ll just stay home, chill, and catch up on some R&R :D

Then, I’m checking my bank account this morning and see that my stimulus money has also arrived (again.. just in time!)

AND SO, since March 15th was my 38 year anniversary at work, I decided to treat myself.... today, I shall go purchase the Launchpad Pro MK3. I think this is what I want... for the last few years or so, I’ve had my eyes on, and have been GASing over a Synthstrom Deluge (which is also an amazing device!), but with a few apps like Atom 2, AUM and Drambo, paired with the Launchpad Pro Mk3, I think I’ll have all of the capabilities, all the pretty lights, and better, bigger velocity sensitive pads.

I know the Deluge is more of a standalone unit with its own built in Synth engines and all, and it does a few things that make it unique, but,, the Deluge is $1000 USD which is a little more than I want to spend right now. I’ve also thought about the Elektron boxes (Digitakt and Digitone mainly) and other sequencers like the Squarp Pyramid, and other groovebox type standalone units like the Akai family of MPCs (Force, One, etc) all are a lot more money than I’m willing to shell out.

The LPPMK3 though, is right at that perfect price point for me! This, combined with the iPad Pro and the amazingly capable ATOM 2 will give me everything I need... I think.... for now......

Awesome thinking!

Thanks! I have a plan anyway. Now if I can just get everyone else in my household to adhere to it. Seems to be some “other plans” being talked about now... looks I might have to go clothes shopping 🛍 with the GF as well today.. oh lord 🤦‍♂️

Yes, but if you didn't have a girlfriend you'd have to order one and that would def. take all your stimulus money etc. Be kind :)

• @cuscolima said:
    Here is my 8 Atom - Drambo sequencer (adapted from @wim LK concept)

I think in this case I'd simplify by adding atom on each individual track. The reason I put LK on the Main track is it is a single instance that controls several sub-tracks. But Atom is just controlling one, so to me it seems better to keep close to what it's contoling. There's less routing and flipping around tracks that way, I think, and you don't need to jump through hoops to get the keyboard to play the synth on each track.

• wimwim
    edited March 2021

So ... speaking of Drambo. Without being able to change patterns in an instance by MIDI message, I'm struggling to picture a good workflow in Drambo.

Apps are common to all patterns in Drambo. They don't change per pattern. So ... If I have a Drambo project with 10 patterns, I guess I need 10 instances of Atom 2, serial-route them with pass-thru, disable the nine that I don't want and enable the one that I do each time I change a pattern. Or, am I missing something?

Contrast that with being able to select the active pattern with a mapped MIDI Note. One instance, and just change the pattern by placing a note in the Drambo sequencer.

I'm also thinking of other hosts that have limitations in the number of MIDI FX, or awkward interfaces for selecting them, or other issues.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like either I must be fundamentally overlooking something, or that changing patterns by MIDI really is essential. Focusing so much just on what works well in AUM and with the Launchpad seems like maybe it's not the best way to look at things.

• @wim the same thing occurred to me. I just considered that pattern change would be exposed, but it's not. This does make it slightly problematic to compose songs with in Drambo. I think that either exposing pattern change, or having a native implementation to do so is important for those working outside of Aum, or alongside different sequencers or hosts. The multi instance / clip method in Aum is elegant and flawless, but it doesn't translate well to Drambo. The track hierarchy and routing are more specific, and visual row/column organization (and node coloring) aren't applicable. A note placed on MAIN or a p-lock on a new pattern to switch Atom patterns would make it much easier to play alongside Drambo's sequencer.