Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Logic pro coming with new ipads?

Comments

• Even if Logic Pro existed for iPad, I wouldn't use it even if they made it free. :)

• edited April 2021

This is all based on a post by a blogger followed by more posts and tweets from "leakers" all looking for clicks. The only useful thing to do with leakers is put them in a diaper.

This kind of stuff happens every year. Most of it is driven by clickbait, some of it by stock manipulation.

If you want to follow the leaks, hardware is pretty hard for Apple to hide, software they can hide really easily. Even with the hardware being hard to hide, they did a pretty good job of keeping the M1 hidden until announcement.

I notice in that tweet above that the time for the release of Logic and Final Cut has slipped. Apple doesn't usually release new software at WWDC. They will always announce the new OS features and libraries for devs. So, if there is an announcement of Logic for the iPad it would then be for the release of iOS 15 and coincide with the release of the next iPhone. That's more probable than a release of any sort of Logic at the event in two days. That's probably why the "leaker" made the slip.

Nothing is know about anything to be released either in April or at WWDC. Some things are fairly likely, iPad Pro, an iMac, maybe Air Tags. Others are very much less likely. It's wise to wait on hardware purchases around these events if you can. It doesn't make any sense to buy into any of the leaks about Apple otherwise. Remember, they've been on the verge of announcing a car now for years.

• This year I will skip iPad and get a M1 Mac🤟🤟🤟 6 years that I buy the new iPad and for me it is always the same even if Apple claim 100 faster, gpu better then my rtx3090. The reality is that the tech progress year by year is not notable.

As for Logic will be a good thing for iPad but on Mac I ended up never using it 😂😂😂

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BCKeys said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    This year I will skip iPad and get a M1 Mac🤟🤟🤟 6 years that I buy the new iPad and for me it is always the same even if Apple claim 100 faster, gpu better then my rtx3090. The reality is that the tech progress year by year is not notable.

As for Logic will be a good thing for iPad but on Mac I ended up never using it 😂😂😂

I share this feeling too!

Buy a 2020 iPad Pro, do every update for 5 years, iOS will still look like iOS with a few shy extra features, but it will run slower 😂

Just read the enthusiast forums on iOS update day. People, including me, are all worried about whether their 2 year old iPad/iPhone is going to be a snail or not 😂

I agree with you. My brand new iPhone 12 dropped and die so my father gifted me his iPhone XR and my first thought was: it is amazing it is identical to my brand new expensive phone😂😂😂 so now I decided to jump a lot of upgrade before made a new hardware buy👍

• edited April 2021

@Charlesalbert said:

@BCKeys said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    This year I will skip iPad and get a M1 Mac🤟🤟🤟 6 years that I buy the new iPad and for me it is always the same even if Apple claim 100 faster, gpu better then my rtx3090. The reality is that the tech progress year by year is not notable.

I share this feeling too!

Buy a 2020 iPad Pro, do every update for 5 years, iOS will still look like iOS with a few shy extra features, but it will run slower 😂

Just read the enthusiast forums on iOS update day. People, including me, are all worried about whether their 2 year old iPad/iPhone is going to be a snail or not 😂

I agree with you. My brand new iPhone 12 dropped and die so my father gifted me his iPhone XR and my first thought was: it is amazing it is identical to my brand new expensive phone😂😂😂 so now I decided to jump a lot of upgrade before made a new hardware buy👍

I agree, I broke my 6s in the fall and switched to an 8 plus that we had at home. The difference there that sucked was losing the headphone jack, I still hate that it’s gone. Last week I traded in that 8 plus for a free iPhone 12 mini. Biggest difference? The mini is thankfully smaller, I didn’t like that plus sized phone. It was tough to keep in my pocket and wasn’t comfortable for me to hold. The other difference is the Bluetooth is a little better, so my fake AirPods stay connected slightly better, but still not fantastic. I’m not getting real AirPods unless I find some really crazy deal, so it is what it is. Otherwise, things run pretty much the same.

Oh, and I’m still getting used to not having a home button- I don’t like the button-less phone as much but I’ll get used to it. I still wish I had a headphone jack though...

My 2018 iPad is still running well, and my 2012 MacBook Pro does what I want, so no upgrades for a while unless they are totally free.

• We need a better garageband. Period. It's nice to mix on the couch sometimes a little. Logic would be doable on ipad. I would love to use the apple pencil to mix.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@ion677 said:
    I thought getting Logic Pro was a foregone conclusion, not a debate.

If it's on Twitter it must be true? Oh please. :D

Xcode on iOS doesn't even make sense. That statement in itself is so ridiculous that I give no weight to the other. Not to mention both were stated as a "fact" a year ago.

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

FWIW, WWDC isn't really a software product announcement venue. It's there to encourage developers with new technology that they will be able to leverage to build products. Introducing a music app / DAW killer at WWDC would be a bit of a slap in the face to developers. "Hey guys, nice of you to attend. Sucks for you because we are going to totally OWN the market with our AWESOME new apps. But keep trying! We love your yearly developer license fees."

Announcing Xcode on iOS would be more in line with WWDC. But that's a ridiculous notion as I'm sure anyone who actually develops iOS software would agree. I'm not sure that anyone who propagates that kind of rumor even really even understand what "Xcode" is or does.

• No one in Apple ProApps cares about iPad. If Logic comes it would be reluctantly so.

• @wim said:
    FWIW, WWDC isn't really a software product announcement venue. It's there to encourage developers with new technology that they will be able to leverage to build products. Introducing a music app / DAW killer at WWDC would be a bit of a slap in the face to developers. "Hey guys, nice of you to attend. Sucks for you because we are going to totally OWN the market with our AWESOME new apps. But keep trying! We love your yearly developer license fees."

Announcing Xcode on iOS would be more in line with WWDC. But that's a ridiculous notion as I'm sure anyone who actually develops iOS software would agree. I'm not sure that anyone who propagates that kind of rumor even really even understand what "Xcode" is or does.

I, umm, missed the part about Xcode. I'm now sitting here trying to imagine Xcode running on an iPad Mini. I can't. I can't come up with any combination of Xcode things that would work.

That being said, I'd take any kind of Swift/C compiler on an iPad. That would kind of be a violation of Apple's policies though. I'm not sure with all the antitrust type investigations going on right now that this would be such a good idea for Apple. Unless they change their policies and let me put a 3rd party compiler on the iPhone. This would be huge for me and would open up so many audio applications, but I just can't see it happening.

You are completely right about WWDC too. Apple tends to not announce anything at WWDC that doesn't directly impact developers and their future plans. Anything they do announce is not likely to see release until September.

• @wim said:

@ion677 said:

Xcode on iOS doesn't even make sense. That statement in itself is so ridiculous that I give no weight to the other. Not to mention both were stated as a "fact" a year ago.

It’s not a random person on Twitter. It’s a tech analyst with 350k followers, and a higher leaker accuracy rating than the Wall Street journal or macrumors according to appletrack. He says he’s seen Logic running on iPad with his own eyes. Does that mean this year? Next year? Three years? We’ll see . . . but I believe it’s inevitably coming, just like the airtags, Apple glasses, new MacBooks, new iPads, and new iPhones.

• @BCKeys said:

@ecou said:

@BCKeys said:

@NeonSilicon said:
    It is absolutely true that the new iPad Pro would be able to run Logic better than my 2011 MacBook Pro that I ran Logic on. It's not that it can't run Logic, it's that it won't run Logic and provide the user experience that Apple wants to present with one of their flagship applications.

Extremely well said and summarized!

It would be completely stupid for Apple to develop a Logic-lite iPad edition, because it already exists and is called GarageBand.

I don't even understand how we can consider running Logic on an iPad while we can’t load more than 5-6 AudioUnit instruments without risking CPU saturation.

The entire discussion is based on the basis that iPads will be receiving a M1 derived processor that are very powerful and will allow iPad to run a software like Logic and run many more audio units.

It doesn't change the fact that we are currently unable to run a DAW on iOS with more than 5-6 loaded AudioUnits...

This debate is pure fantasy.

Here, look at this, the number of tracks:

Try this at home with your iPad, at least 30 tracks with SWAM apps + audio + FX treatment and tell here what happened..

The day an iPad will be able to do that, then Logic will be ported to iOS. Not before.

Edit : I talk about a ~$1000 iPad. Keep in mind that the iPad is only considered by Apple and most people as a secondary tool..

It’s the premise of the whole discussion. In case you have not noticed, people around here like debating Apple fantasies 😃

• edited April 2021

@Charlesalbert said:

I bought an Macbook Pro M1 almost on releasedate, and it’s amazing!

But, there’s always a but, I never use it!

My iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 edition are so addictive that’s my first choice every day, then,
    I use my iMac 27” 5K late 2017 for the rest...

I made a lot of testing with the M1 in the beginning, but, a human being has an limited time every day he/she can put on “computing”...

So, my M1 Macbook Pro is almost unused and already has been retired... Pity...

• wimwim
    edited April 2021

@ion677 said:

@wim said:

@ion677 said:

It’s not a random person on Twitter. It’s a tech analyst with 350k followers, and a higher leaker accuracy rating than the Wall Street journal or macrumors according to appletrack. He says he’s seen Logic running on iPad with his own eyes. Does that mean this year? Next year? Three years? We’ll see . . . but I believe it’s inevitably coming, just like the airtags, Apple glasses, new MacBooks, new iPads, and new iPhones.

I know very well who it is. Doesn't change my opinion in the least at least as far as Xcode ever coming to iPad and Logic being announced at WWDC. I agree that Logic could come to iPad in some form, some day. Put in vague terms like that isn't much of a sensational leak IMO.

Would love to eat my words about Logic Pro on iOS though. B)

• One day to go. Hoping Tim Cook and company have pushed the engineering and performance of new iPads Pro to the limits this time.

• But is it a bit too late for Logic Pro iOS?

• @Carnbot said:
    Even if Logic Pro existed for iPad, I wouldn't use it even if they made it free. :)

🙌👏👏👏 currently Devs are going through hoops to get things done for virtually no money. File system limitations, audio routing limitations and the auv3 standard is still in its infancy.
    Here we are hoping Logic Pro comes along and sets a “standard” for all to follow, when Apple should have worked on behalf on the devs that are making me buy iPad pros plus giving them 30% of their sales.

• I'm reading analysts predict price increases on the Pro models and that a new low-cost model to be announced too.
    What I really want is Lightning connectors and dongles gone. How long are they gonna keep milking it?

• As long as the 'Low-Cost' iPad retains it's 3.5mm jack I'm ok with it :)

• @yug said:
    I'm reading analysts predict price increases on the Pro models

That’s the one ‘feature’ they never forget... 

• @yug said:
    I'm reading analysts predict price increases on the Pro models and that a new low-cost model to be announced too.

Not sure if there’s a big market for more expansive iPad Pros. Unless they unleash the beast and and it’s a proper MacBook Pro alternative plus pro apps.

• I'm sure it is partially caused by Apple's secretive approach, but every upcoming Apple event reminds you how Apple journalists, bloggers and leakers produce the absolute worst kind of trash imaginable. Wild guesses with no self control or thinking whatsoever, clearly no research done and no other goal than baiting clicks. Sure by the law of big numbers a few things will actually come true, but most of it of course turns out to be complete crap. Then after the event they just brazenly repeat everything unchanged with the lede "Apple cheated us this time but here's what's surely going to happen a few months down the line. Read more...".

I wasn't aware of this whole genre that much before but now that I visit here often, Google thinks I need those those articles, too and so it started pushing them to me. Pure filth.

• @R_2 LOL and @Samu agreed! Was gonna potentially pick up an Air 4, but if the newer entry one matches the Air 3 spec wise (what I had before my sons iPad broke) then I’m on board for that since it did everything I needed.

• @Samu said:
    As long as the 'Low-Cost' iPad retains it's 3.5mm jack I'm ok with it :)

👍

• @iammane said:
    @R_2 LOL and @Samu agreed! Was gonna potentially pick up an Air 4, but if the newer entry one matches the Air 3 spec wise (what I had before my sons iPad broke) then I’m on board for that since it did everything I needed.

The current entry one iPad 8 pretty much matches the Air 3 already! Doesn’t have a laminated screen, I forget the other differences.

• Yeah, I remember looking into it, but by the time I made my decision to go this route I knew we'd be seeing something about new iPads, so I figured I'd just hold off a couple more months lol... For the same price it'd be worth the at least expected processor bump. I doubt there will be a change in RAM, form factor or capacity(ies).

• M1 in an iPad will never happen eh? 🤔

• It doesn't change the fact that we are currently unable to run a DAW on iOS with more than 5-6 loaded AudioUnits...

48-50 tracks on Air 3, Cubasis 2, about half AUv3, half audio. With scores of AUv3 efx. So it's absolutely doable, with a bit of freezing admittedly. But many more than 5-6 AUv3 instruments.