Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Nembrini voice dc30 demo.

It’s a long one!
Please go through the whole video if you want to have a real idea of this app’s versatility.
Thanks!
No external ir cab on this one.

Comments

• edited March 2021

@flo26 said:
    It’s a long one!
    Please go through the whole video if you want to have a real idea of this app’s versatility.
    Thanks!

What a great demo! It really sounds like you know and understand this amp in real life. Thank you for showing off the vib-trem channel at different speeds towards the end of your video. One of the best tones I’ve ever heard from a sim.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:

@flo26 said:
    It’s a long one!
    Thanks!

What a great demo! It really sounds like you know and understand this amp in real life. And thank you for showing off the vib-trem channel at different speeds towards the end of your video. One of the best tones I’ve ever heard from a sim.

I’ve owned this amp for a few months.
    I’ve sold it because it was too loud....I mean extremely loud😉.

• Awesome tones, Flo!

How come my dc30 doesn’t sound anything like that??? 🙃

• @SNystrom said:
    Awesome tones, Flo!

How come my dc30 doesn’t sound anything like that??? 🙃

Maybe the guitar 😉?

• It's great to see the knob settings and how the tone changes with each new set of choices.
    What a versatile amp.

You are very generous to make these demos for us to help justify a $10 purchase and know
    it's a steal. Gotta get this one before it goes to the $20 price point.

The fact that you used the amps "cabinet emulation" also speaks volumes for a well designed
    app. It's a first but very welcome for a demo.

• 👍👍 makes me wish I played guitar

• @audiblevideo said:
    👍👍 makes me wish I played guitar

Yes. @flo26 makes guitar players wish they could play the guitar.

• @McD said:
    It's great to see the knob settings and how the tone changes with each new set of choices.
    What a versatile amp.

You are very generous to make these demos for us to help justify a $10 purchase and know
    it's a steal. Gotta get this one before it goes to the $20 price point.

The fact that you used the amps "cabinet emulation" also speaks volumes for a well designed
    app. It's a first but very welcome for a demo.

Thanks @McD !

@audiblevideo said:

Still time😉.

@McD said:

@audiblevideo said:

Yes. @flo26 makes guitar players wish they could play the guitar.

☺️☺️

• Great demo of a surely great app 👍🏻... but I'm really starting to wonder if getting every single Nembrini's app is worth it pricewise compared to an app like THU for example.

Even if 10€ (on sale or intro price) isn't a fortune for the development job that us, iOS musicians have to encourage as much as we are able to, stacking these amp starts to become as or more expensive than buying a really good app with FX and lots of other possibilies 🤔.

That said, I won't buy this one for now just because I'm totally addicted to their BST100 + Cali with which I can dial nearly every kind of sound I need ! 😅

• @Gratouilli said:
    Great demo of a surely great app 👍🏻... but I'm really starting to wonder if getting every single Nembrini's app is worth it pricewise compared to an app like THU for example.

Even if 10€ (on sale or intro price) isn't a fortune for the development job that us, iOS musicians have to encourage as much as we are able to, stacking these amp starts to become as or more expensive than buying a really good app with FX and lots of other possibilies 🤔.

That said, I won't buy this one for now just because I'm totally addicted to their BST100 + Cali with which I can dial nearly every kind of sound I need ! 😅

There are arguments for both sides. If you are intending to use a guitar app standalone, like just setting up one app for a live show rig for example, with all bells and whistles and midi, THU offers that. You can also open it in Daw of course. If you are using AUM or Audiobus or another Daw, it doesn’t matter because you can chain together a bunch of apps and save them as your rig. So having one or two Nembrini apps plus their free and non-free fx would be cheaper in theory, but more steps to set up. The issue is that both apps offer a path to $20 satisfaction, but we all end up buying more and more and having too many choices. So while you can say THU offers the more comprehensive package at $80 compared to $80 worth of Nembrini, it depends more on how you’re trying to use these apps. Nembrini will supposedly release a plugin rig host this year, where you can chain all of their native effects and an amp into one master module. As I mentioned, the line is blurry because pretty much everyone here uses a chaining app like AUM. Some people prefer just having one amp that they combine with fx they already have. Others like one major guitar universe app that offers everything inside of it.

I have the entire Nembrini collection as well as everything in TH-U. It is apparent to me that it’s sort of silly, since I can only use just a few components or chains at a time, but that didn’t stop my curiosity and desire to collect tone. Once you find the sounds you love, why not stop? I could have stopped at Bst100 also, but I didn’t!

• Very nice, showed all the special tricks of the AC30. And one of the reasons I prefer the AC15 over the 30 is that i could actually hear the next day after playing the 15. Unless you play big clubs the 30 is just too much. Nice playing per usual.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    ... Once you find the sounds you love, why not stop? I could have stopped at Bst100 also, but I didn’t!

I hear what you say and I agree. I'm more on the AUM setup side where I like to build chains.
    In fact I never use the Nembrini's FX (appart the delay), not that I have complains about them, but just because I always end up using the same apps I really love. 🤗

Nowadays, I tend to buy apps more in the idea of supporting iOS development than because I really "need" them... 😅🙈

• @Gratouilli said:
    Great demo of a surely great app 👍🏻... but I'm really starting to wonder if getting every single Nembrini's app is worth it pricewise compared to an app like THU for example.

I think comparing the TH-U and Nembrini apps on a price comparison is very apples to oranges. In my opinion, the Nembrini sims (if you bring your own IRs) generally sound better than the TH-U sims -- at least better than the ones that I have (Funk bundle). The TH-U sims are quite good but for me none of the sims in the TH-U bundle I have are as satisfying as the Nembrini sims I have -- as long as you don't mind dialing in your own tones. The Nembrini presets are not helpful in my opinion.

The best of the TH-U rigs (none of which I own -- I have one of their rig bundles which is pretty good but not great) seem like they are fantastic -- but you are also limited to their being at their best if they captured settings close to what you are going for. Because the rigs don't model the controls on the amps they capture, they are not as tweakable as amps. Knowing that you need to get TH-U rigs to get the best of what they have to offer, it isn't obvious that TH-U is a better deal price-wise.

I think that for both Nembrini and TH-U, their best offerings are excellent and one just has to figure out which gets you to the sound you want. I use a combination of the two -- mostly using my favorite Nembrini amps (BST and Cali Reverb) and using some TH-U effects. And I find the Chow Centaur in front of either (even if set with low gain) makes them sound more "real".

• @espiegel123, I have to admit that you're also right when you say that comparing THU vs Nembrini isn't really fair because they represent two really different approches.
    Sometimes trying to explain what we think in a langage we don't "master" brings confusion 😊.

I just notice that (imho) Nembrini's sale strategy tend to make us spend a lot of money... and anticipate to spend even more and more on future amps we absolutely (need) want to see installed on our iPads.
    I don't say that it's a "bad thing", and I understand that one can be happy to play and experiment with new apps (I'm also definetely an appaholic 😅)... But in the case of Nembrini's amp sims, I get so much out of the BST100 and the Cali, that I now don't think that spending more money on new amps is "necessary" if not to only encourage and support futher iOS music app development.

• @flo26 Thanks for that great tone demo.. 🙏 awesome playing as usual.. 👍
    Man, that Luke guitar is so versatile.. no wonder it’s your main squeeze.. 😁
    Nembrini need to add you to their payroll.. this totally sold me.. I wasn’t in a rush to get it but after hearing this, I NEED IT NOW! 🤪

• edited March 2021

@royor said:
    @flo26 Thanks for that great tone demo.. 🙏 awesome playing as usual.. 👍
    Man, that Luke guitar is so versatile.. no wonder it’s your main squeeze.. 😁
    Nembrini need to add you to their payroll.. this totally sold me.. I wasn’t in a rush to get it but after hearing this, I NEED IT NOW! 🤪

Glad you liked the video!
    This guitar is my voice.No need of anything else😉.
    Thanks a lot!

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    Very nice, showed all the special tricks of the AC30. And one of the reasons I prefer the AC15 over the 30 is that i could actually hear the next day after playing the 15. Unless you play big clubs the 30 is just too much. Nice playing per usual.

Thanks a lot!